ESPN: NHL 'hopeful' Devils star Jack Hughes plays in All-Star Game

smelly

I’ve seen a bit of an uproar online about him playing and I don’t really get it tbh. Yeah -yeah the Brady Tkachuk thing happened last year, and injuries are possible, but you probably have more of chance of getting hurt in practice than you do an ASG. 

He apparently really wants to play, and do the co-captain thing with Quinn so I say let him have his fun. The team is off anyway, and it’s not taking away anything from his focus to get back. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’ve seen a bit of an uproar online about him playing and I don’t really get it tbh. Yeah -yeah the Brady Tkachuk thing happened last year, and injuries are possible, but you probably have more of chance of getting hurt in practice than you do an ASG. 

He apparently really wants to play, and do the co-captain thing with Quinn so I say let him have his fun. The team is off anyway, and it’s not taking away anything from his focus to get back. 

Agreed here, I think the all star game is absolutely pointless and wish it would go away but most guys skate harder in practice like you said so if this is a good tune up for Jack to go see how he feels and he can be back for our next regular season game I'm all for it. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 3

If Jack is THAT close then I guess that’s why Fitz has done so little…he’s trying to wait to see what happens when Jack gets back, and then if the Devils STILL look as disjointed as they have for much of the season, maybe Fitz considers some kind of move.  Of course that’s assuming he’s not already looking to 2024-25.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

That doesn't sound like a good sign. I just assumed Jack would be back right after the All Star break.  Is that in question now?

Could be, with how cryptic this team is with injury reports. Hopefully he's close and just doesn't want to risk any fluke injury for a meaningless game. Or he's been encouraged by the team to not take part if he hasn't been playing 🤷 

• Like 2