GDT - 2/25/2024 Lightning @ Devils, 1 pm, MSGSN/TNT - Lindy Overcomplicates Things

ButlerBulldog

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

They’ve definitely shown fight after falling behind 2-0 but feels like they’re going to need some breaks to tie this thing up, let alone win it.

I wish we could do something like Habs in the last 3 min yesterday...just too soft and sloppy. 

2 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

I wish we could do something like Habs in the last 3 min yesterday...just too soft and sloppy. 

Yeah very ragged right now.  

• Like 2

Too much east-west play. Too much overpassing. Same sloppy sh!t we’ve seen from this team. We’re lucky Tampa only has 2. Again, they just don’t look well-coached. Case in point- we see Holtz flying out there with Hughes. So why is he on the 4th line while Toffoli does nothing there?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, devlman said:

Case in point- we see Holtz flying out there with Hughes. So why is he on the 4th line while Toffoli does nothing there?

The broadcast was talking about how the 4th line shifted momentum late in the 2nd for us but it was really the shift before where Hughes, Holtz and Mercer were out there together. 

Just now, John Wensink said:

Was it me or for the half shift of Hughes, Mercer and Holtz was impressive? They'd probably get crushed defensively, but they;re is something there, 

Edit: Beat me to it 

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 1

Better attack the net. Shoot everything and crash. Especially Luke. Seems like the league has read the book on him hanging onto the puck too much and trying risky plays along the blueline. Jack was very similar in his first year. That stuff usually doesn't work in the big league

• Like 2

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Gotta play this desperate and furious…about all they have left.  

Yeah, every game from here on out has to be treated like a one-game playoff.  They’ve wasted too much time floundering in mediocrity.

• Like 1

Just now, devlman said:

Dawson Mercer looks terrible out there. Give Jack some capable line mates. What happened to peter butter and jelly??

Mercer has been an absolute ghost for a while now. He’s going to be very hard to figure out come contract time. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

Mercer has been an absolute ghost for a while now. He’s going to be very hard to figure out come contract time. 

I’m guessing he gets two years.  But that story will be written later.