GDT: 03-29-2024 Devils @ Sabres 7:00PM EST MSGSN

Rock

Just now, Nicomo said:

I’m disgusted with this effort. No other word for it. 

The lack of anything resembling a system is painful to watch at times.  Lindy and now Groan literally offer nothing on that front.

• Like 2

Just now, Nicomo said:

Nemec burned again…

I’ll say it again.  He’s been putrid ever since being paired with Smith.  He was fine before that.  Why is this coaching staff okay with him playing horribly to accommodate a guy who’s not even an NHL defenseman?

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

I’ll say it again.  He’s been putrid ever since being paired with Smith.  He was fine before that.  Why is this coaching staff okay with him playing horribly to accommodate a guy who’s not even an NHL defenseman?

Playing with Smith certainly isn’t helping, but he looks like Luke did in Jan/Feb. I know he’s a better skater than this. He might be hitting a bit of a wall himself. 

It’s going to be up to the talent and Allen likely having to stand on his head.  Seems to be the formula for winning games under Groan.

• Like 2

Just now, Nicomo said:

Playing with Smith certainly isn’t helping, but he looks like Luke did in Jan/Feb. I know he’s a better skater than this. He might be hitting a bit of a wall himself. 

He might be, as he’s been bad 5/7 games.  He’s played professionally in Europe, but the NHL is a different league.  It wouldn’t surprise if he’s a little worn down from its physicality, as I feel like the play from the other night where Austin Matthews stiff-armed him wouldn’t have happened a month ago.

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Nemec wasn't even hitting the wall until after he got benched lol...maybe the power of suggestion

Can’t imagine it helping a young player’s confidence. 

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

Nemec wasn't even hitting the wall until after he got benched lol...maybe the power of suggestion

Nah.  He seemed completely unfazed by that in an interview, and he’s played well in games since then.  The last 6-7, however, have been mostly bad, and he’s spent the bulk of that time paired with Smith, which I’m sure is contributing to his struggles.  As @Nicomo pointed out, he seems a step slower than he normally is, as he’s a very good skater (though certainly not at Luke’s level), so he may be getting worn down by the rigors of the NHL schedule.

Fitz can you get some real coaches here next year please?!  For the love of fvcking GOD?!

• Like 1
  • Vomiting 1

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Can’t imagine it helping a young player’s confidence. 

“If it’s fixed, break it” seems to be the motto of this coaching staff.  That said, Nemec didn’t seem affected by what happened when interviewed.  I think he’s just been worn down by the cumulative effect of playing so many games.  He came up in December—almost two months after the season began—so he’s hitting the wall at about the same point that Luke did in his season.