GDT: Devils @ Senators 4/6/24 7:00pm MSG

NJDfan1711

1 minute ago, Puckbuster said:

I only watched the last few minutes of the game, but I will take your word about his play tonight.  However, it’s not just that play or just Jack.  It’s the whole team.  Not every play has to be spectacular or lead to a goal.  It’s ok to just chip it out to neutral ice.

I think a lot of the mistakes and bad habits we’re seeing reflect bad coaching.  I expect the defense to be better once a new staff is in place.

• Like 3

Just now, Nicomo said:

Brendan Smith extension and alternate captain incoming… :P

You know that is Fitz logic right there: caved in for 9 games, but that 10th he was “good.” Gotta keep him for that level of perseverance 

• Like 2

Just now, jagknife said:

You know that is Fitz logic right there: caved in for 9 games, but that 10th he was “good.” Gotta keep him for that level of perseverance 

Yup.  Apparently Fitz doesn’t realize that Smith’s perseverance is nothing more than a consequence of his own ineptitude.

• Like 2

Two bonuses about being in CO since Thurs (fly back tomorrow):

No dealing with earthquakes

No watching the Devils

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I think a lot of the mistakes and bad habits we’re seeing reflect bad coaching.  I expect the defense to be better once a new staff is in place.

Well under Lindy they started games like dogcrap and under Green they've ended games like dogcrap.  Maybe it's not just the coaches when these players can't find it in themselves to play sixty damn minutes

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Well under Lindy they started games like dogcrap and under Green they've ended games like dogcrap.  Maybe it's not just the coaches when these players can't find it in themselves to play sixty damn minutes

Maybe, but I feel like these sorts of issues were less prevalent with last season’s team, which had many of the same players.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Maybe, but I feel like these sorts of issues were less prevalent with last season’s team, which had many of the same players.

Right. Brunette as “associate coach” was clearly running the team. Lindy probably never had so many naps. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

It's both. Bad coaching and players who don't fulfil their roles due to lack of experience, or skill, or hockey IQ, or playing with wrong teammates or in wrong positions. Again, it's fixable, but I anticipate a couple of better but still painful years to come.

Edited by Devs64
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

It's weird how easily the team collapses as soon as the opposition applies pressure and physicality. The entire league knows any Devil lead can be erased in 20 min. They got away with 2 points tonight, but it could easily be a loss. It looks to me like a huge mental issue they cannot overcome. 

• Like 1

Surprising win last night, a few bright spots and then the same giveaways, inability to clear the zone by multiple individuals..Jack included. Some luck bailed us out bad tonight with Brady hitting essentially two posts within a minute span lol. 

Lots to work on this off season. 😮‍💨