One Positive To Come Out Of This Loss

Diablo

I'm very impressed with the 3 goals we scored today, I didn't think we'd score any, I mean Markanen is a much better backup than the other backups we've faced.

Friesen has not impressed me at all, I hope we can get at least 20 goals and 45 points from him.

Hopefully Burns will rip into these guys for the lack of effort in the first 1/2 of the game. It wasn't till Niewendyk ran their keeper, Gionta earning his wings by throwing fists and the ensuing battles following that til they showed any life. They looked as if they all went out last night and got sh!tfaced and now were nursing monster hangovers.

i'm hardly freaking out I just wanted clarification. How are any of us to know it was his initials

I seen him correct someone then put "df" after it it could have meant Dumb F.

So i think you all need to chill lol

I was merely asking no hostility here

By the way I don't drink now that's for df's lol

I think Diablo needs a drink.

He's not the only one ( and yes, I know this is a different context).

I came straight home from the game & poured myself a scotch (a double, neat). At least it was good scotch (Oban 14-yr-old single malt). If I have to watch a game like that, I'm breaking out the good stuff.

While we're on the subject, the SBT reminds all posters to please drink responsibly.

Don't worry, SBT, I was stone-cold sober when I watched the game & when I drove.

That's why I had a double when I got home. No Devs fan should have had to watch that game sober

I thought df was Devils Fan at first :lol: -- and I know Derek's name! But in Diablo's defense my Dad called an old boss of his the dlf... he added a 'little' in there :D

I missed the game and even have Metro -- forgot to tape it :( My parent s are visiting my sister so we were in Lambertville (and my dad was obsessing about the little brown jug - UofM football)

After a rather unfortunate experience brought about by drink for the most part - nothing dangerous per se just a tad humiliating..or annoying or whatever..anyhow I stopped drinking for 4 years (22-26). It's not really necessary but now it's fun. Single malts wine and beer are all fun. Cocktails are fun but always seem to spell trouble :wacko::lol:

Sue -- Belvenie 12 year is my husbands latest single malt -- I really like the 21 year port wood better. Glen Breton is made on Cape Breton NS! It's not too good yet :mellow: There is this gawd awful stuff made in Oregon that tastes like scotch made with retred shed on the highway (as opposed to peet) it's trying to be smokey like a Skye scotch -- it's amazingly awful! :blink: I love wine with food though.

...and beer with Hockey :evil:

man I just love talking don't I? I wish I'd shut up sometimes...

pk, if you & your husband ever get the chance to go to Scotland, take a day & do the "whiskey tour". They take you around to distilleries & you get to do taste tests. Definitely a nice one.

Oban is slightly smokey but not as much as something like Talisker or Lagavulin, which are from Skye & Islay, respectively. I'm also a fan of the classic MaCallan stuff and Ardbeg (which I have to go over to Paramus to buy). I don't try anything that isn't from Scotland so I haven't had any of the US or Canadien ones you mentioned

Now, to keep this "hockey-related"...I usually have beer w/hockey. But last night's performance screamed for something stronger.

are long island iced teas classy drinks? :lol:

and don't worry SBT, sheeps here always keeps it safe. i never drive after a sip and i never drink til i'm blacked out. i like to have fun but i like to remember it too.

we did end up at ihop at around 4 am yesterday, in northern virginia. [my friend tim, who is straightedge, drove my car.] now that's fun times... the devils might have lost but i could be drunk at an ihop getting fries and coffee like i do at diners back home... it made me so homesick!!! :(

dc sucks!!!