READ HERE WHERE THE DEVILS ARE PLAYING

sheeps

I thought it would be nice to have an idea of where all the Devils players are this year. This list will naturally be incomplete so if you find news of a Devil playing in Switzerland or something, let me know and I will edit this post.

Where the Devils Are

Latest Update

11.18 - As expected, Martin Brodeur has been confirmed to play in the IMG WorldStars tour, competing against European teams and all-star teams from December 7 to 23. Brodeur was the first to ask IMG, "But they didn't put my name on the tour, uh? What's up with that?," Brodeur laughed. "But a couple of guys had this idea because of what Wayne did in '94" (source). One website has Scott Gomez listed, but his spot has not been confirmed. My guess is he was originally planning on going on the tour but then decided to join the Alaska Aces.

The full list of updates has been moved to the bottom of this post because there isn't much news to report anymore - I don't want people scrolling through endless updates to get to the stats, which is the new focus of this thread (a big thanks to Jason MacIsaac and aylbert for contributing stats).

Stats are updated about once a week. For this reason, I have included links to each team's stats pages so you can check them whenever you want.

American Hockey League

Albany River Rats* (team stats)

Scott Clemmensen

- 8 GP / 2 W 5 L 1T / 2.83 GAA / .903 SV% -

David Hale

- 12 GP / 2 G / 1 A / 3 PTS / 15 PIM -

Dean McAmmond

- 11 GP / 0 G / 6 A / 6 PTS / 8 PIM -

Pascal Rheaume

- 12 GP / 2 G / 4 A / 6 PTS / 24 PIM -

Rob Skrlac

- 8 GP / 0 G / 1 A / 1 PTS / 43 PIM -

* Only players who have played for the Devils last season will be added to this list, with the exception of Rheaume and McAmmond, who are usually NHL'ers.

Czech Republic

Kladno (team stats)

Jan Hrdina

- 7 GP / 1 G / 2 A / 3 PTS / 4 PIM -

Znojemsti Orli (team stats)

Patrik Elias

- 14 GP / 3 G / 9 A / 12 PTS / 59 PIM -

East Coast Hockey League

Alaska Aces (team stats)

Scott Gomez

- 8 GP / 1 G / 6 A / 7 PTS / 2 PIM -

Original Stars Hockey League

Detroit

Paul Martin

Corey Schwab

Montreal

Colin White

Toronto

Jeff Friesen

Brian Gionta

Poland

Podhale Nowy Targ

Krzysztof Oliwa - Whether this is true depends on if you believe the North American press or the Polish press, and I'm tempted to say the Polish press is right here. You can read about this in the 9.30 update. I am also unable to find a stats page for the team, so I can't confirm Oliwa's existence on the team let alone give his stats.

Russia

Khimik Voskresensk (team stats [sergei Brylin = Сергей Брылин])

Sergei Brylin

Lada Togliatti (team stats [Viktor Kozlov = КОЗЛОВ Виктор])

Viktor Kozlov

- 18 GP / 7 G / 9 A / 16 PTS / 6 PIM -

Slovakia

Kosice (team stats)

Jiri Bicek

- 21 GP / 7 G / 10 A / 17 PTS / 36 PIM -

Switzerland

Fribourg-Gotteron (team stats)

Paul Martin

Exhibition (Non-League) Play

October 24

Jay Pandolfo will play with other Boston University Terriers alumni against the current varsity squad.

November 10 - 14

Brian Gionta and Paul Martin will play for Team USA in the Deutschland Cup, taking place in Hannover and Hamburg, Germany.

November 11 - 13

John Madden, Jamie Langenbrunner, and Jay Pandolfo will help raise money for terminally ill kids in Utica, NY.

December 7-23

Martin Brodeur will play with the IMG "World Stars," touring Europe. Others may be included (such as Scott Gomez) but have not yet been confirmed.

Update Archive

11.05 - No news, but a ton of stats updates thanks to aylbert! Check out each player's stats below their team and name. Wait til you see Elias' PIMs! I also removed Gomez's name from the OSHL section. The OSHL site still has him listed, but if he's actually playing with the Alaska Aces (you can see his stats), I'm guessing the OSHL aint happening. I also changed how the updates are shown (see below) and added a link for the other River Rats' stats in the River Rats section.

10.28 - Two new (big) updates! Sergei Brylin is off to Russia while Paul Martin is off to Switzerland. Brylin has joined Khimik Voskresensk of the Russian League alongside fellow NHL'ers Slava Kozlov and Vitaly Vishnevski. Martin is the first NHL'er to join Fribourg-Gotteron of the Swiss League. IIHF's list of NHL'ers in Europe is the only source for the time being, but I will update with articles when I get them.

10.27 - Brian Gionta and Paul Martin have been chosen to play for Team USA at the Deutschland Cup. The tournament will take place in Hannover and Hamburg, Germany from November 10 - 14.

10.25 - Scott Gomez will join the Alaska Aces of the ECHL, returning to his hometown for the duration of the lockout.

10.17 - John Madden, Jamie Langenbrunner, and Jay Pandolfo will be joining Robert Esche and a few other NHL'ers (including ex-Devil Joe Nieuwendyk) to help raise money for terminally ill kids (Chico and Friends). The games will be held November 11 at the Utica Memorial and November 12 - 13 at the Clinton Arena.

10.06 - After a long while debating whether to include Dean McAmmond, I put him on the list. Explanation can be found below the Albany players.

10.04 - According to the IIHF list, Jan Hrdina has signed with Kladno of the Czech league. He was committed to the OSHL, but maybe their misorganization prompted him to stray (they haven't even touched their site since September 13). Edit: Thanks again goes to Jorge, who provided this page from the Kladno website which lists Hrdina on the roster. Checked a LNAH site (total shot in the dark) then realized we only have two Quebeckers on our team, one of them probably not willing to play in said league (Brodeur) and the other already in a league (Rheaume, AHL). Oh well, worth a try.

9.30 - Thanks to Rock for posting NHLers hop over to Europe! Krzysztof Oliwa will be playing for Podhale Nowy Targ of the Polish league. The native of Tychy, Poland used to be more of a finesse player in his early years, wonder what the Polish fans will think of him now! According to poster Jorge_Colmenares, from Poland, the Oliwa signing may not have happened, at least not yet. He was kind enough to translate some interviews which you can read below. I will leave the links to the article up and make an indication by Oliwa's name. Thanks again to Jorge!

9.29 - Added Martin Brodeur and his participation in the IMG "World Stars" tour of Europe under Exhibition section. Thanks to poohbear for pointing it out! Also deleted some updates because all they said was that nothing had been said.

9.26 - Added a new section called "Exhibition (Non-League) Play" after seeing Pandolfo will play with Boston University Terriers alumni against the current varsity squad. The section can be found at the bottom of the list of leagues and will be done by date rather than alphabetical order. TSN.ca added their own list of NHL'ers in Europe, but the IIHF list is much easier to read and shows daily updates.

9.25 - Had a hell of a time trying to search for the list of players participating in the Quebec charity league before finding one here, but no Devils on the list. One ex-Devil, Stephane Richer, is lending his support. No update on OSHL site, IIHF added one non-Devil.

9.20 - Elias confirmed in an article by the Canadian Press to be with the Czech Republic's Znojmesti Orli, as indicated by the IIHF.

9.20 - Thread started.

Sources

Alaska Aces - Devil's Gomez heads home for ECHL (Gomez)

Albany - Devils scatter all the way to Czech Republic (Clemmensen, Hale, Rheaume, Skrlac)

Albany - Devils sign McAmmond to AHL contract (McAmmond)

Boston University Alumni Game - For now, Providence will provide (Pandolfo)

Chico and Friends Game - Esche bringing hockey buddies to town to help terminally ill kids (Madden, Langenbrunner, Pandolfo)

Deutschland Cup - Deutschland Cup Roster and Staff Announced (Gionta, Martin)

Europe - IIHF - Across the Pond: Several NHL players make the leap to Europe (Bicek, Elias, Kozlov)

Europe - NHLers hop over to Europe (Oliwa)

Europe - Over 150 NHL'ers to play in Europe (Elias)

IMG World Stars - IMG Worldstars promise competitive hockey on Euro tour, not a party (Brodeur)

Original Stars Hockey League - Teams and Players (Friesen, Gionta, Gomez, Hrdina, Martin, Schwab, White)

Edited by mrsheeps

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job Sheeps. I think this is worthy of a pin, maybe we can add status updates as the seasons go along?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Absolutely. I'll try to edit everything in as soon as people find new info but if I'm off for a while an admin can just edit my post.

isnt Broduer going over sea's?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One report (under sources, check out the Albany one) was confusing as it mentioned Elias going to the Czech Republic and a quick reading could make you read (as I did) that Brodeur was going there with him.

"Goaltender Martin Brodeur said he plans to coach some hockey involving his sons. Patrik Elias is planning to play in the Czech Republic."

Then again I have reading problems so I could be the only one who misread that.

Heh, you edited as I was replying. As for the link, it says,

"Some of the players who have been contacted about playing for the 'World Stars'..."

It doesn't say that Brodeur is definitely playing, just that he was contacted about it. If and when he confirms I'll add it to the list.

(bump)

From Rock's thread and For now, Providence will provide:

If the NHL and its players can't get over their differences by Oct. 24, make your way to the Boston University campus, where a bunch of NHLers, all former Terriers, will take on Jack Parker's varsity in a charity gig to benefit both the Mark Bavis and Travis Roy foundations. Among the NHLers: Shawn McEachern, Chris Drury, Tom Poti, Keith Tkachuk, Jay Pandolfo, Shawn Bates, Mike Grier, Dan Lacouture, Adrian Aucoin, Scott Lachance, Rick DiPietro, and Scott Young. Faceoff is 1 p.m. at Walter Brown Arena, with tickets available at the door.

anyone else concerned about the continued development of our players, or actually, the lack thereof - only elias, kozlov and bicek are playing oversees in "professional" leagues - others either are not playing anywhere or are playing stupid little shinney games that do nothing but promote bad habits (skating at less than full speed, no defensive responsibility, etc)

also, anyone else notice that sykora is playing in russia, not czech league?

But every team is in the same boat, so I'm not sure it's really a disadvantage.

I'm a little concerned about Martin's development since he won't be in Albany, and I don't particularly like the idea of White not being in a disciplined environment, but I'm not worried about the rest of the guys.

To get REALLY ticky-tack on ya... AP got the spelling of Elias' team wrong. It's Znojemsti.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But the IIHF website says it's Znojmesti.

Hmmm, Google'd it and Znojemsti seems more credible. Will edit.

Edited by mrsheeps

I just read this:

NHL lockout claims October games

WebPosted Wed, 29 Sep 2004 18:16:58 EDT

CBC SPORTS ONLINE -

Closer to home, plans are being finalized for a so-called "World Stars" tour of Europe from

Dec. 1-21.

Players like Martin Brodeur, Rob Blake, Anson Carter, Shane Doan, Sergei Fedorov, Dany

Heatley and Mats Sundin have committed to the tour, which intends to visit the Czech

Republic, Finland, Russia, Slovakia and Sweden.

Austria, England and Norway are other destinations being considered by tour sponsor

International Management Group.

I just read this:

NHL lockout claims October games

WebPosted Wed, 29 Sep 2004 18:16:58 EDT

CBC SPORTS ONLINE -

Closer to home, plans are being finalized for a so-called "World Stars" tour of Europe from

Dec. 1-21.

Players like Martin Brodeur, Rob Blake, Anson Carter, Shane Doan, Sergei Fedorov, Dany

Heatley and Mats Sundin have committed to the tour, which intends to visit the Czech

Republic, Finland, Russia, Slovakia and Sweden.

Austria, England and Norway are other destinations being considered by tour sponsor

International Management Group.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited and thanked in original post! Thanks!

NHLers hop over to Europe

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/2004/09/30/650142.html

By The Canadian Press

Polish hockey just got a little tougher.

Enforcer Krzysztof Oliwa of the New Jersey Devils has joined Podhale Nowy Targ of the Polish hockey league, bringing his 1,447 career penalty minutes in the NHL with him.

The 6-5, 245-pound Oliwa is a native of Tychy, Poland, and last played in the Polish league in 1991-92. He had 247 penalty minutes and five points (3-2) in 65 games with the Calgary Flames last season before signing with the Devils this summer.

Also agreeing to deals overseas Thursday were a pair of Americans, Ryan Malone of the Pittsburgh Penguins going to the Espoo Blues in Finland and Jim Dowd of the Montreal Canadiens with Hamburg of the German league.

That brings the total to 181 NHL players in Europe, with more to come. The majority of those players have lockout clauses in their contracts that permit them to return to the NHL if the labour impasse ends in time to salvage a season.

The Czech league leads the way with 49 NHL players, including Jaromir Jagr of the New York Rangers, followed by Sweden at 41 and Russia at 38.

hmmm strange. I just talked to polish club Podhale Wojas Nowy targ chairman, mr. Piotr Kolodziej, and he has said, they're still talking about contract, and Oliwa will finally negotiate with them after 20.10, when he'll arrive to Poland. - What? It's nonsense. He did not signed yet - said mr. Kolodziej.

Second way, I heard about is swedish 2nd division club Hammarby if, but I could not confirm it yet...

Regards from Warsaw.

From polish daily newspaper "Tempo"

Yesterday Krzysztof Oliwa confirmed, that he would like to play in polish national squad.

- I talked to national coach assistant by telephone. I know, that in nvember our national team will be playing in olympic qualifications and I would like to help the team. I'll be in Poland next month with my girllfriend - said Oliwa.

Press agencie wrote, that You'll be possibly player of Podhale Nowy Targ.

- I don't know anything about it. I talked anly about the national team. Sure, I would like to play in any club, but I did not promise anything anyone. Besides, the case is not as simple... The problem is money. Not my sallary, but money for insurance. If I would like to play in any club but Devils, I would have to pay for my insurance myself, and it's about 20 thousand $.

And... I don't know if any polish club could pay my sallary. Playing outside the NHL is great risk for me. I would "catch" the injury and never back to professional league. If I would play for nothing,it would be GKS Tychy, my first club, I think.

Sorry for my english, regards from Warsaw.

Thanks Jorge! No problem on the English, understood you perfectly.

For now I'll make a note that the Oliwa signing is not quite done. It's weird that it would be confirmed by TSN and those folks but not be true. I'm tempted to believe it hasn't been totally finished but the idea is there.