The 2nd Debate: Bush vs Kerry

Derek21

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush is fighting for his political life. He'll have to be George Happy Bush today as opposed to the George Mean Bitter Arrogant Bush that we saw a few weeks ago. Expect a complete personality "flip flop"

Bush is fighting for his political life. He'll have to be George Happy Bush today as opposed to the George Mean Bitter Arrogant Bush that we saw a few weeks ago. Expect a complete personality "flip flop"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And John Kerry isnt arrogant?? Oh my...

Its almost a prerequisite to be President to have some arrogance IMO

I like this debate format. The average person in the United States is going to ask questions that the average person wants to know the answers to.

The questions so far have been in your face, blunt and real.

Edited by Don

BTW - Bush is trying very hard not to have negative facial impressions. He's trying very hard to keep a blank face.

Unfortunately for him his blank face is making him look completely dumbfounded and lost.

BTW - just how many internets ARE there?!?!

Edited by Don

BTW - just how many internets ARE there?!?!

I loved that. :lol:

Bush has seemed very angry, very defensive. Kerry has been as cool as a cucumber. Bush also blustered through Charlie Gibson's attempt to follow up on a question and has taken the extra 30 seconds many times without being verbally prompted by Gibson.

They seem even on the issues. It's been a hard-fought debate on both sides. If you bring presentation into it, though, Kerry wins this one in a landslide.

This one definitely lived up to the billing, both made their points, both had their moments where they got 'caught', but overall Kerry's presentation was much better (looking Bush in the eye when criticizing him, being cool without being arrogant) though he stammered a little more near the end, but overall IMO it was another narrow victory for Kerry.

Actually, I didn't give an analysis... a couple observations, but no analysis.

Here is what I said after the first debate and stand by it now:

"#2 - I'm not going to say Kerry won the debate since I'm hoping for him to win. That's like asking me who I think would win a game between the best Devils team of the past 10 years vs the best Red Wings team of the past 10 years. I'm not going to break it down fairly because I'm both physically and mentally unable to. But I do have this to say - I think John Kerry made his opinions clear. It's no longer "Bush" against "Anybody but Bush". People are getting to know John Kerry. And we will see if "John Kerry" fairs better against W. than "Anybody but Bush""

I know I cannot give an unbiased opinion of who won or who did a good job... so I won't bother to try.

Kerry definitely won, Bush was better, but there was too much silliness. When the judicial question was asked, he referenced Dred Scott? well gee, nice to know you won't be bringing back slavery. :noclue: I also thought he botched the drugs from Canada question. Also Kerry's closing remarks were stronger.

Bush and Kerry stuck to there guns on the Iraq war, nothing new there. We weren't gaining ground on that issue at all.

I really hated the format, how are you going to get Bush and Kerry to connect with regular people? They are not regular people.

I thought Bush looked smug at times, other times he went from literally yelling at the audience to quietly chatting into the mic. I thought Kerry was on the attack too much, they both should scale back and personalize the answers more.

I hate that they had to hold microphones, they should've had those little mini-mic clips that go on the lapel.

"What I write is not worth reading"? See again, Jimmy comes flying in with the insults. Is your sole purpose in this forum to insult people Jimmy?

Edited by Don

This debate was better. I enjoyed the format too. It was a refreshing change and there were better questions asked. Both candidates stuck to their guns. But on some questions, they both sidestepped and were ticking off the mediator. This wasn't a classic debate by any means. I thought Kerry was a little cooler giving his answers. I'd say he won by a slim margin. Nothing convincing though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.