snow

4belle

*nod* we saw snow flakes today as well. Odd thing was that we didn't see any on the ground... they melted as soon as they hit. But you could see them fluttering in the air.

When I was in university I would always dread the first snowfall. I worked in the shoe department of Kmart and upon the first snowfall we were to drop whatever we were doing and head in straight to work. That's because as soon as parents see snow they remember that their kids probably need new snowboots and they all come in in droves. Even though I was constantly replenishing, the shelves would always be bare.

:) my uncles wife was so funny when she got here last fall... she is from thailand and then was working on a cruise out by california and Mexico so she had never seen snow.. when he brought her to jersey she was here for a few months.. getting a kick out of the turtles, french and squirrels... which she never really saw... and then when the snow came in December forget it.. we were out building snow mans and having snow ball fights like we were 7.

No snow but it was cold this morning. We have electric heat so I delay turning on the heat for ages.... but get this... I was freezing my ass off in the car (sitting in traffic) and when I finally pulled in to the office parking lot it dawns on me... I could have turned on the heat in the car - it doesn't cost extra :doh1: I think I'm turning into a skin flint :(

Edited by Pepperkorn

Snow is the best.  I want it.  Stupid DC.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, but even if you get it, they will panic over one inch of it, sheeps. My brother just laughs at that because he grew up in New England. They get an inch of snow in DC and it is practically a Federal emergency and Tommy just sits there and laughs. Of course, last year (was it last year or the year before - it's all blending now?) when they really DID get hit with lots of it he had fun playing in the snow.

I remember when I was little, I LOVED snow. That all changed when I got my license, though. Hated it ever since. Ehh, well, if I don't have to go anywhere, I still like it :P I think it's that way for a lot of people, hehe.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:clap::hail:

totally !!!

Then again I used to like snow days when I was doing the IT in school districts cause it meant free days off since no schools being open = no work that day... but that was still not worth the shoveling...

Today was the second time this season we had a coating on the ground.

I love snow, as long as it doesn't keep me from my hockey games!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Somehow that just doesn't sound right:

"Hockey game cancelled due to SNOW" :blink::evil:

Today was the second time this season we had a coating on the ground.

I love snow, as long as it doesn't keep me from my hockey games!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Somehow that just doesn't sound right:

"Hockey game cancelled due to SNOW" :blink::evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wasn't there a Devils game a while back at the Brendan Byrne during some huge snowstorm, and there were only like 336 fans or something like that and a lot of players got there late because of the roads? I remember seeing a highlight of something like that on TV.