What should they name the new Arena?

El Diablo

Don't name it after the NJ Devils it will be jinked.

They will probably sell the team and move them.

The Devils will have trouble selling seats to this arena:

1) poor Devil's traditional maketing

2) Local residents don't support hockey certainly not at Devil's prices.

3) The lockout has lost many prior Devils hockey fans.

4) Corporate sponser will be reluctant to sign on,

5) It will really depend on Business tax writeoffs for giving away tickets to people that won't go to the games.

5) It will really depend on Business tax writeoffs for giving away tickets to people that won't go to the games.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

More rays of sunshine from Ice Man. :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, we have another Debbie Downer on the board!

:blahblah:

And yeah...what the hell is a "jinked"? :ph34r: Are we talking Scooby Doo Jinkies here?

Edited by RoughDraft

Somebody mention Dunkin' Donuts in the other thread.

How about the

Dunkin' Donuts Have Another Center?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LMFAO.....

I actually needed that laugh today... thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: I love that Devil's story! Have another donut at the Dunkin Donuts Center. (Where Marty blanks the opponents!)

Hey, we have another Debbie Downer on the board!

:blahblah:

And yeah...what the hell is a "jinked"? :ph34r: Are we talking Scooby Doo Jinkies here?

I hope you weren't taking Ice Man seriously?

On a semi-related issue, are admins allowed to ignore people?

On a semi-related issue, are admins allowed to ignore people?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you mean whether the program allows or we allow ourselves to ignore?

I don't know whether the program does or doesn't because I never have, nor never will use the feature. How can you administer a board if you can't see what everyone is posting? I'm pretty sure all the other admins feel the same way.

Edited by Rock

I believe it does allow. I messed around with phpBB a while ago and you could do it on there, so I would imagine you could here as well.

But like Rock said, what's the point? Unless you are an admin that doesn't admin, ignoring people doesn't do much.

Edit: I almost forgot why I wanted to post here!

I really wish they wouldn't use a corp. sponsor for the name. I personally dislike them. But I know it's inevitable. So if I found a company named the The Swamp, maybe I could get them to sponsor it? :evil:

Edited by njdevils_info

We're allowed to ignore posters, but that kind of defeats the purpose of being an admin -- we have to unfortunately (sometimes) read each and every post on the board to make sure everything is okay. The second an admin doesn't read a post or misses a thread, things tend to get out of hand...especially with a few posters who tend not to listen to our suggestions and requests in terms of insults, bickering, duplicate posts/threads, etc.

We're allowed to ignore posters, but that kind of defeats the purpose of being an admin -- we have to unfortunately (sometimes) read each and every post on the board to make sure everything is okay. The second an admin doesn't read a post or misses a thread, things tend to get out of hand...especially with a few posters who tend not to listen to our suggestions and requests in terms of insults, bickering, duplicate posts/threads, etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't see the ignore button anymore, I know it used to be there. No biggie since I do agree with you and Rock, we really 'shouldn't' filter people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't see the ignore button anymore, I know it used to be there. No biggie since I do agree with you and Rock, we really 'shouldn't' filter people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The ignore feature is located in each individual poster's profile:

Profile Options

Profile Item Add to contact list

Profile Item Find member's posts

Profile Item Find member's topics

Profile Item Ignore User

Profile Item Edit Member

they couldn't name the new arena after the devils..cuz won't the nets be playing there too??...*Vince CArter sux*

they couldn't name the new arena after the devils..cuz won't the nets be playing there too??...*Vince CArter sux*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, as it stands currently, the Newark Arena will only house the New Jersey Devils. The Nets were recently sold and are slated to move to Brooklyn, New York.

Well, as it stands currently, the Newark Arena will only house the New Jersey Devils. The Nets were recently sold and are slated to move to Brooklyn, New York.

In any case "Vince Carter Sucks Arena" works for me....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, though, if the Nets did come crying back to NJ (which I fully expect, honestly), it wouldn't matter. Where to the Jets play? Giants Stadium! :evil: