What should they name the new Arena?

El Diablo

IBTW, I love this idea as I love looking at pics of construction.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HA - reminds me of the SEINFELD monologue :

" Most men like working on things, tools, objects, fixing things. This is what men enjoy doing. Have you ever noticed a guy's out in his driveway working on his car men in the neighborhood are magnetically drawn to this activity. They just come wandering out of the house like zombies.

Men, it's true, men hear a drill, it's like a dog whistle. Just.. you know, they go running up to that living room curtain, "Honey, I think Jim's working on something overthere." So they run over to the guy. Now they don't actually help the guy. No, they just want to hang around the area where work is being done. That's what men want to do. We want to watch the guy, we want to talk to him, we want to ask him dumb questions. You know, "What are you using, the Philips head?" You know,we feel involved. That's why when they have construction sites, they have to have those wood panel fences around it, that's just to keep the men out. They cut those little holes for us so we can see what the hell is going on. But if they don't cut those holes - we are climbing those fences. Right over there. "What are you using the steel girders down there? Yeah, that'll hold." -JS :rofl:

arena-coliseum.jpg

Booorring!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree it does look a bit boring as i prefered the 3rd choice that looked like it involved more of the surrounding community. but you have to keep in mind that the artist's rendering looks crappy. he drew like 3 people, and there is nothing surrounding the area. this picture is not going to be what the real arena will look like in the end.

It could still be called Continental Airlines Center.

Who knows, maybe they can transfer the rights of the name to the new arena.

Continental is is a cash crunch right now so they may not want to sign a multi-million dollar naming rights deal.

Make it like a bigger Boston Garden, only with air conditioning and more lux boxes of course. Low roof, large lower bowl seating with the fans closer to the action on the ice. A cauldron of noise.

I hope it's nothing like CAA, or United Center. Those large canyon type arenas are just not good for hockey.

it would be nice to name it McMullen Arena, it would just probably stay as CAA though until the next bidding war.

Edited by '7'

Make it like a bigger Boston Garden, only with air conditioning and more lux boxes of course. Low roof, large lower bowl seating with the fans closer to the action on the ice. A cauldron of noise.

I hope it's nothing like CAA, or United Center. Those large canyon type arenas are just not good for hockey.

it would be nice to name it McMullen Arena, it would just probably stay as CAA though until the next bidding war.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. I want this arena to be the loudest in the NHL- as much as I love the CAA because it's our home, I've always hated how quiet it is compared to other arenas. When you watch a game on TV from CAA, even if it's loud in the building, it still doesn't translate to TV well. The celings are too high and the acoustics suck. I want seats close to the ice and a low celing. And I love the idea of naming the arena after Dr. Mac, but it'll never happen. It'll be named after a bank or maybe Continental just keeps the rights. "Continental Center" would sound good.