The Jester's Quart: Problems Hockey Can't Solve

NJD Jester

You are exactly right. Parity is not a good thing.

Also, if the NHL goes to Spike, what happens to HD? Spike is not available in HD anywhere and I doubt that would change just for the NHL.

As I mentioned in another thread the NHL is already screwing up the draft by not allowing the public in to watch it.

Hockey is a niche sport, the only reason it was ever considered a major sport was because that niche includes the Northeast. It needs to just accept what it is and move with it. The NHL can be very successful if it just tries to appeal to its base fans and stop trying to appeal to everyone.

Hockey is a niche sport, the only reason it was ever considered a major sport was because that niche includes the Northeast. It needs to just accept what it is and move with it. The NHL can be very successful if it just tries to appeal to its base fans and stop trying to appeal to everyone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i remember reading an article a few years ago about the NHL which made an analogy to RC Cola. It was never going to be Coke and Pepsi (NFL, MLB), but it still had it's place, did very well, and a lot of people liked it.

You are exactly right. Parity is not a good thing.

Also, if the NHL goes to Spike, what happens to HD? Spike is not available in HD anywhere and I doubt that would change just for the NHL.

As I mentioned in another thread the NHL is already screwing up the draft by not allowing the public in to watch it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

great article jester

I think the local networks under the fox umbrella, or nesn, msg, comcast etc will offer games in HDTV. I'm sure of fsny and msg since they already show met games in HD.