Free Agent/Trades Off-season 2005

NJDevs4978

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, and this has already probably been mentioned before, but Cujo hasn't been signed by the Pens...at least I haven't found any mention of that anywhere so I'm not sure he should remain that way on the front page...but if you guys have heard something than whatever...doesn't really bother me that much ;)

Devils sign Rafalski, Malakhov, McGillis

TSN.ca Staff

8/4/2005 1:33:07 PM

With veteran defenceman Scott Niedermayer off to Anaheim, New Jersey Devils general manager Lou Lamoreillo wasted no time working on his blueline, signing unrestricted free agents Brian Rafalski, Vladimir Malakhov and Dan McGillis.

Terms of the deals were not disclosed.

Rafalski and the Devils agreed on a one-year, $3.1 million US contract last August, a deal that was nullified with the cancellation of the 2004-2005 season.

Rafalski, 31, has played his entire five-year career with the Devils, scoring 30 goals and 207 points in 377 games.

He played in 69 games in 2003-2004, amassing six goals and 30 assists.

More to follow.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=132422

Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)'s last post before the Devils signings: "Malakhov to Boston or NYR". This guy is just printing anything he hears.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. And yesterday he posted Forsberg to VAN. This guy is right about 1/10 of the time, don't understand why people are using him as a source.

Canes sign Tverdovsky

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sucks for them

Rafalski at 3.1?! thats a steal. Personally, I'd rather have Raffi at that price with some change to spare, than Nieds at 7.8, cuz the difference between those two is not 4.5 mil.

EDIT: sorry read that wrong, that was last years deal.lol

Edited by devils102

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.