LizDevil30

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know really. The Devs kept losing the puck when they made a move. :doh1:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Honestly too- I would MUCH rather have had Rafalski or Martin than Madden in the shoot-out. How many people just rolled their eyes when you saw it was Mad Dog out there? I love Mad Dog, but he couldn't score in a whore-house with a box of condoms.

Nice comeback, a little short on the shootout.

Larry finally went to three lines and it paid off. Rasmussen and Pihlman deserved their benchings - both their penalties were unimaginably stupid. Pihlman seems to take a bad penalty every game - the coaching staff needs to work with him on that.

Brodeur made up for his brutal performance in the 1st period with some nice saves on the shootout. He still can't get up once he goes down, something which I'm sure the rest of the league has come to realize.

The team that showed up tonight will look good once Elias comes back. That team that played against Detroit wouldn't look good against anyone.

Wish we could've gotten the W, but the Devils can't be angry that they only got 1 either.

You would think after scoring high on him all game, you would think the Devil shooters would have noted that. Kozlov-Gomer-Gionta all took the same damn shot over and over and it was the wrong shot!!!

That was the best game of the season by the Dev's. They actually showed alot of heart. Larry shortened the bench: Rass, Zack, Pihlman didn't eve play in the third or OT.

They should just send Zack down to get his confidence back. Most of the time he looks lost or other times he tries too hard. He needs to relax and get more ice-time.

Can't score one fvcking shoot-out goal against a fvcking rookie playing his second NHL game. &%$#@*!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well MadDog, that guy was good. Balastik his name? Kolesnik is his name.

I mean look at the goal the Devils needed just to get to OT. Perfect Gomez redirection. And they dominated play.

I thought it was funny how the Avs shooters kept trying to shoot high on Brodeur and he had it played perfectly.

Edited by Derek21

Can't score one fvcking shoot-out goal against a fvcking rookie playing his second NHL game. &%$#@*!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. It's like they're trying to think of new and better ways to piss us all off.

I especially love the way the first four shooters all did almost exactly the same move. Feel free to change it up guys!

As soon as I saw Langs, I knew we weren't tying it back up.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

With the exception of the first period, that was the best our defense has played all year. Whitey has raised his game to another level.

Brown keeps improving and getting confidence, Rafi is jumping into the play alot more, Matvichuk is steady and even Malakhov looked good tonight.

Well MadDog, that guy was good. Balastik his name? I mean look at the goal the Devils needed just to get to OT. Perfect Gomez redirection. And they dominated play.

I thought it was funny how the Avs shooters kept trying to shoot high on Brodeur and he had it played perfectly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We ALWAYS make these guys look good. Watch him go out and give up 7 goals on 12 shots next game. He's a rook. He's playing his 2nd freakin' game in the league. After Marty manages to stop Sakic, Hejduk, Tanguay and Svatos, it should be game fvcking over. Period.

The thing that bothered me is that they tried the same fvcking move 3 or 4 times. After the second time, I would have gone the other way. Or I dunno, I can't really complain with their effort tonight. We play like this the majority of the time, we'll be winning.

Edited by Voros19

With the exception of the first period, that was the best our defense has played all year.  Whitey has raised his game to another level.

Brown keeps improving and getting confidence, Rafi is jumping into the play alot more, Matvichuk is steady and even Malakhov looked good tonight.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. Although the pairing of Martin-Raffy still bothers me. However, if they continue to play good with the pairings in tonights game, they might as well keep 'em together.

We ALWAYS make these guys look good. Watch him go out and give up 7 goals on 12 shots next game. He's a rook. He's playing his 2nd freakin' game in the league. After Marty manages to stop Sakic, Hejduk, Tanguay and Svatos, it should be game fvcking over. Period.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, sometimes you got to give the other goalie credit too. The Devils peppered him with shots and there was a Gionta shot where he stretched out and robbed him before they tied it. I'd hardly call that making him look good.

But on to your second point. I agree. When he stops that kind of talent, someone should be able to win it for ya. Gomez had the right idea but the puck slid off the stick.

Call me nuts but I'd have tried Parise.

Well, sometimes you got to give the other goalie credit too. The Devils peppered him with shots and there was a Gionta shot where he stretched out and robbed him before they tied it. I'd hardly call that making him look good.

But on to your second point. I agree. When he stops that kind of talent, someone should be able to win it for ya. Gomez had the right idea but the puck slid off the stick.

Call me nuts but I'd have tried Parise.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DEFINATELY would've had Parise out there over Madden.

Parise is wasted on the Devils right now.  Larry seems reluctant to play him of late.

He needs to play in Albany for a month or so and getting his instincts back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While we're at it, send Pihlman back down too and bring Tallackson back up. I think Pihlman is getting stupidity lessons from Langdon.

I feel Larry Robinson is treading a slippery slope with the current "one mistake and your benched for good" approach he's taken with this team recently. I'm all for demanding accountability as Burns would, but I have yet to see what Pihlman can do when he gets such limited icetime night after night. Rookies are going to make mistakes. Its a fact of life. You have to let players like Parise and Pihlman play through them or they aren't going to improve much at all. Rasmussen could have been a valuable physical asset when Madden and White were laying out some big hits trying to turn the tide of the game after Colorado scored 3 straight goals. Some of these moves leave me scratching my head a bit.

Disagree.
Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Disagree.  Larry needs to do this.  He needs to take the Burns approach or the players will just give a half=assed effort.  He got results tonight I hope he keeps it up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We shouldn't expect Parise or Pihlman to improve at all with 2-3 shifts a period if that. The message being sent right now is if you screw up, you're done for the night. Development-wise this team isn't making great strides with the youth movement getting the kind of production they should be getting from their top rookies. Thats not a positive. Erik Rasmussen's role has essentially been reduced to that of an Oliwa or Langdon when he has a lot to offer to this team. Doesn't that concern you in the slightest bit? A guy who was seen as one of the biggest busts in Sabres recent history has a redemption season with the Devils prior to the lockout and he's now getting a couple more chances a night to show what he can do then what Tommy Albelin is currently getting.

Dan McGillis has a couple of bad periods and he's a healthy scratch for 3 or 4 games in a row despite the fact that guys like Matvichuk, Rafalski, and Martin are all having the exact same defensive breakdowns McGillis had. This is an issue where a coach is erroring on the side of being overly quick with the benchings imo to the detriment of the team. You can't create good chemistry when different players are sat out every night, the forward lines are changed up every other game, the defensive pairings are in a constant state of flux, and your best prospects are watching the majority of the 60 minutes from the bench. Some of this is needed by all means, but I think Robinson is getting overly carried away with all the benchings.

If we're going to just ice 3 forward lines a night, lets demote and/or waive the players who deserve more minutes elsewhere and move on with things. Its absolutely fruitless to expect good efforts from the rookies with such limited minutes. In all seriousness, we should have some kind of idea what kind of player Tuomas Pihlman is with the Devils after all the games he's played in NJ now. Problems is, we have no clue what he can bring to the team. Zach Parise has been playing better hockey lately and he's still getting stapled to the bench no matter what he does. Look at what has happened with Brad Boyes' game since Scatchard and Thornton were dealt, Zhamnov has absolutely floundered, and Patrice Bergeron has really struggled after a good start early on in the year. Dramatic increase in ice time and the kid is really showing what he can do and why the Leafs drafted him where they did in 2000. Jesus H. If Mike Sullivan of all coaches can finally realize this (amazing what happens when you are forced to play the youth following trades by your GM!), then its time for Larry Robinson to do the same with regards to Zach Parise. Give him a chance. Give him some quality minutes on the PP like he received the other night when Robinson was out sick.

This isn't healthy for our chances over the course of the rest of the season if things continue in the same manner. Larry Robinson is going to have to ease up a bit moreso in this regard. Its my single biggest complaint of the Devils coaching staff currently and I'm sure its bothering the players as much as the cap issues surrounding Elias' eventual return. This has been bothering me for awhile now.

Edited by Guest

Just got home from the arena....that abysmal first period had me pissed...I think my record for "sarcastic comments" was broken during that 20min suckfest. Then the Devs picked it up and I returned to my normal, content self. Well anyway, it was a solid 40min effort. Just would like to see a full 60min push, and some better shots in the shootout. Hard earned point.

Just got home from the arena....that abysmal first period had me pissed...I think my record for "sarcastic comments" was broken during that 20min suckfest. Then the Devs picked it up and I returned to my normal, content self. Well anyway, it was a solid 40min effort. Just would like to see a full 60min push, and some better shots in the shootout. Hard earned point.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you obviously weren't in section 216 mister :)

I think I did my best Randy Quaid from Major League in YEARS!!!

All that aside... our goalie... well... he's still a fat-ass ... I'll get to him when I watch the game again and recap it.....

I'll stick to the positives tonight..... after that first period I'd SWEAR Madden read my recap rant and took it out on any Avs jersey in sight.... that was AMAZING to see !!!! Rafalski also played a fantastic game... he was all over the place... kinda like old #27 used to be...even Malakhov had moments of glory tongight!! I was most pleased with the effort of all but one on the ice and it was good to see it from the rest of the team at least!!!

And I found a reason to LOVE the shootout!!!!

When I walk out and leave we're home in 30 minutes !!!! :clap: