Devils Sign Letter of Intent to Buy Lock Monsters

Devilsdude530

Cool. there's nothing better than a farm team!!! Love the farm teams... :clap:

The big question is where to and when will they move them???? :noclue:

Assuming the sale goes through (apparently there's some conditions attached that may torpedo the deal), expect the team to stay in Lowell until their current lease runs out, which is believe is in 2008-09. By then the Devils will be in Newark, so CAA may be available if both sides want it, plus Trenton might be available by then.

Trenton would be neat (better then it being a Phily team)

but somehow the CAA being that it IS a minor-league building would be semi-fitting for a minor-league team, might be the only way the old dump survives (and all you Newark-haters can still see hockey games in that cess pool arena !!!)

As long as our affilate plays the Albany team so i can still road trip there I don't care where the magic watch takes them :D

NO NO NO move them to Oxford,PA so the Amish can see them play.

Just watch out for the steaming horse shiat in can be slippery.

If they move to Austin the arena will probably hold rodeos too so plenty of horse shiat for everyone!

Titans are leaving? I need to find a residence that is not under a rock! :evilcry:

No, not that I know of. I'm just saying that given the often-volatile world of minor-league hockey, it's entirely possible that the Titans could be leaving in two years. Not saying they will, just saying be on the lookout.

BTW, your residence is under water, not under a rock. :P

Ok, this is another minor league dumb question I have...once we aquire the team (if we do) what happens to them logo, name, and color scheme wise...do they switch to red and black...do they change names just so they won't be thought of as the affiliate of a previous team?? :D sorry I know nothing of minor league hockey!!

Ok, this is another minor league dumb question I have...once we aquire the team (if we do) what happens to them logo, name, and color scheme wise...do they switch to red and black...do they change names just so they won't be thought of as the affiliate of a previous team?? :D sorry I know nothing of minor league hockey!!

That's the Devils' decision. Actually, the Lock Monsters is a local name (I think there's a canal that goes through Lowell or something) and they've got their own colors and everything. Their jerseys are currently a knockoff of Carolina's, one of their current parents, so that's probably going to change.

This shouldnt come to a suprise for a lot of us. At least Albany will have a good team next year and bring some people back.

BTW, how long is the drive to Lowell, MA anyway?

Lowell is almost in Maine.. ... it's a haul from Jersey....4.5 to 5 hours I'd say

MAP OF LOWELL

Edited by msweet

Just think about the amish wearing hockey jerseys and yellin at the refs.

pdcwcbtn.gif

Like, "the hurrier you go, the behinder you get" or, Sven,, pass the ring bologna! ya?

Edited by vadvlfan