FOOOOORREE! Says the Rangers

DevilMinder

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DM:

I took a tile off to early. I did the math, the Rangers can go 17-8 and still get the 85 point magic number.

You don't have to worry about that now :)

Another Ranger loss, winless in 7, winless in Slats' four game regime.

The next loss and/or two ties we can resume taking tiles off :lol:

Things are going down the drains across the river, rapidly.

wait a tick, that's been happening since 1998.

I've just never seen some many penalties against one team (and I'm not just talking about this game cause to the Rags credit, there were a lot of Flyer penalties this game too). And E-Devil, you are exactly right about that dumb penalty against Holik. So retarted. So great tho. :)

Thank you Wink. I'll take Rangers are an overpaid joke of a team for 800 please :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Ding! Ding! Ding! Announcer says, "We have a WINNER!!!!!" :lol:

Next question worth $1600. Which team makes guarantees lately with no success rate the past couple of years???

How much are you willing to risk?

Sidenote: bg, you are a lot more optimistic than me when it comes to them. You're right that the bottom teams are playing like crap. But look at how flawed our team is. Even when it gives out solid efforts as in all four of the games Slats has coached, they invent new ways to come out with 1 or no points. At this point, I just look forward to watching kids like Lundmark, Fata and Samuelsson develop. I don't expect much. The playoffs are shot. Any win at this point is a bonus. If they lose a few more, maybe they will trade some of the vets for prospects/picks and commit to a rebuild. This wouldn't be such a bad thing either.

Kovy, the sad thing is the one player who can bring back the most significant return in regards to rebuilding (Leetch) most likely isn't going anywhere. I'd put the odds of Leetch getting dealt as very slim, but if Sather doesn't at least bring up the possibility to Brian and his agent he is not doing his job. If I'm Slats I have to at least inquire to see if there is anyway I can get something done

Even if Slats would go in this direction some players are untradable (Lindros, Holik, Kasparatis, Bure) and the ones who might be (Mirionov, Barnaby) just do not have much value.

Malakhov has two goals the entire season, good thing for us they both came in one game against Detroit - hopefully they remember when they go shopping for a defensemen come deadline time.

As far as the young players you mentioned, I just do not know how good they can become. Samulesson I think can become a 15 goal third line guy, Lundmark probably a little more than that, in time I can see him playing on a scoring line, but Fata, guy has speed and tons of it, but he just cannot finish to save his life. The best young player the Rangers have is their goalie, and even if he is completely ready by age 23, that's still 3-4 years down the road.

bg, here's your answer as to what the Rangers should do if they had any brains.

This was discussed on a board:

Well, if you are going to really start a rebuild this is the season to start. This is a very deep draft and with the chance at Sydney Crosby in the 05 draft you could kind of pull a Atlanta and have a good core of young talent that is NHL ready basicly right away.

So where do you start? You start with Lindros, send him to Toronto, they wanted him and he wants them. Get at least Toronto's first rounder this season and a prospect. You're not going to get the farm for him.

Trade Sandy for a bag of pucks, or a late round pick. Dvo needs to go we can maybe get a prospect for him.

Now here is the problem, no one will take Bure, there just aren't many options for trading him. The only teams that can afford him are Dallas, St Louis, Colorado, and Det. I don't see any of them offering up for Bure so we are stuck with him. Kasper same deal. If Leetch is willing to waive his no trade clause we could send him to Colorado. They would jump at the chance for him and get a combo of picks and prospects. We really don't have much trade value on this team. The ones people want this team should keep and no one wants anyone else. If we trade Mironov to a west coast team there was a clause in the deal with the Hawks that kicks in because he was supposed to stay in the east so we pay more to them for him.

Trade Poti anywhere I don't care I can't stand the guy.

The teams core should be Holik, Lundmark, Barnaby, Purinton, Nedved, Sammy and Fata. The more I think about it the bigger the mess I see Sather has made. It will take about 5-6 years to get out of this mess. It will take some strong drafting, luck and some deals for this team to be ready in three years.

5 to 6 years?

The Rangers' core should include Fata, a 4th line grinder?

With the talent Sather has on this team, this team could easily go to the playoffs next year.

What Sather has to do is either go one way or the other. Either keep this team virtually the same, or tear it down completely. If he keeps these guys together long enough, they will start winning; there's too much talent and pride for that not to happen. On the other hand, if he brings in another wave of UFA signings, that will be a huge blunder.

Tri, that Fata can be better than a 4th liner. If you had been following the team recently, his play has improved. He's now playing with Nedved and Dvorak and he is a good PK as well.

Even got some PP time yesterday and made the most out of it picking up a primary assist for the Dvorak rebound goal.

Fata is one of the fastest skaters I've ever seen. I'll match him up in a race against anyone. He gives maximum effort every game and hustles all over the place.

His confidence is high and he's carving out a niche for himself.

Fata's a keeper.

Since you seem to think he's a waste, would you say the same thing about Jay Pandolfo?

Fata can be better than him.

Barnaby is more than a punk sundstrom. I think you're being a little biased. Barnaby's been one of the best Rangers this year and he's a good hockey player.

I'll keep gritty players like him any time.

Tri, I was going to use Madden but decided against it for obvious reasons.

Because the board loves him and might get offended if I compared the two.

I do think Fata and Madden are very similar in the way they skate and approach each shift. But Fata needs to finish more to become that type of player.

I think you would agree.

Tri, that Fata can be better than a 4th liner. If you had been following the team recently, his play has improved. He's now playing with Nedved and Dvorak and he is a good PK as well.

Even got some PP time yesterday and made the most out of it picking up a primary assist for the Dvorak rebound goal.

Fata is one of the fastest skaters I've ever seen. I'll match him up in a race against anyone. He gives maximum effort every game and hustles all over the place.

His confidence is high and he's carving out a niche for himself.

Fata's a keeper.

Since you seem to think he's a waste, would you say the same thing about Jay Pandolfo?

Fata can be better than him.

Fata has a place in the NHL, it's up to the Rangers to find the role that he can fill now that it's obvious he'll never be the scorer he was in Junior.

With his speed he should be a good checker and a good penalty killer. One of the issues with the Rangers over the years is that they haven't valued this kind of player at all. And every team needs one.

And yes, I am saying he's Pando, without the experience. A top-10 pick shouldn't turn out to be Pando, but that's what Fata CAN be in the league.

My issue with Pandolfo isn't his defensive value, I readily admit that he & Madden are a great duo. What I dislike is when the Devs throw him out there on the already weak PP, he absolutely DOES NOT belong there. It makes most of us very impatient with Pando when we should probably blame the coaching staff instead.

btw, it would also help if Pando didn't fall down every other shift.

Nice post Sue. I think you summed up what I was trying to say. The Rangers have never had enough gritty players who are a pain in the ass to play against every game.

Now they have Holik, Barnaby, Lundmark, Samuelsson and Fata. All of these guys skate hard and go into corners to make plays. These are the players I'd keep up front to build around. Hardworking types whose play can rub off on whoever the Rangers recall or draft. That's what the team lacks.

Fata is a fantastic skater. If he learns how to finish consistently, he can be like Madden.

I was browsing a Ranger fan forum and I noticed something funny. None of the stories about the team are positive. It must be really depressing to be a Ranger fan. I really can't fathom the disappointment they must feel I guess it is kinda like '96 for us.

Recap: Ties Don't Suit Blueshirts

They had the two points in their hands and they gave it up only to battle back for one

Recap: Coming Up Short Again

New York show again that they can't hold on to a lead and fall further behind

Recap: Slats Loses In Debut

The Rangers come back to take the lead in the third but give up the final two goals

High Sticking: End Of The Road For Trots

Trottier gets held accountable for everything that is wrong with the Rangers this year

High Sticking: Don't Rush The Rocket

With the Rangers season going down the drain there's no need to bring back Bure

Recap: Thrashed yet again

New York has now been outscored 16-5 in their last three games

Recap: CLUNK!!!

A lack of discipline both in avoiding penalties and playing defense costs New York

Recap: Thrashed again

Atlanta makes it three in a row against the Blueshirts on Heatley's hat trick

Just some tidbits from a Ranger website.

http://www.outsidethegarden.com/

:(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.