Greatest Devils Moments

DevilsMJ

My top 10 Devils moments, including last night:

10) oct 5, 2005 (hockey is my way to get away from work and it was finally back)

9) 1995 ecf game 6 (flyers)

8) Last night

7) 1994 ecqf (sabs game 7) (without this I don't think we would have won in '95)

6) 2001 ecf (pit)

5) 2003 ecf game 7 (sens)

4) 2000 ecf game 5-7 (Flyers) (Driving home from game 4 I told my Dad we would come back and win)

3) 2000 scf game 6 (Arnott)

2) 1995 scf sweep

1) 2003 scf game 7 (Rupp, I was there and so drunk...)

Again this is my list, not my opinion on the devils best. I am 21, so I was 9 when my Dad first got us the playoff strip in '94 and I've been at 95% of home playoff games pre-college. I felt something special last night about this team and maybe it was that I was sitting next to a Rags fan when Langs scored.

Rangers Suck

Good list...

i too was drunk at SCF game 7 - i was sober enough by the end to know what was going on. Its a good thing i gave my last 3 beers to the guys on line with us.

My top 10 Devils moments, including last night:

10) oct 5, 2005 (hockey is my way to get away from work and it was finally back)

9) 1995 ecf game 6 (flyers)

8) Last night

7) 1994 ecqf (sabs game 7) (without this I don't think we would have won in '95)

6) 2001 ecf (pit)

5) 2003 ecf game 7 (sens)

4) 2000 ecf game 5-7 (Flyers) (Driving home from game 4 I told my Dad we would come back and win)

3) 2000 scf game 6 (Arnott)

2) 1995 scf sweep

Again this is my list, not my opinion on the devils best. I am 21, so I was 9 when my Dad first got us the playoff strip in '94 and I've been at 95% of home playoff games pre-college. I felt something special last night about this team and maybe it was that I was sitting next to a Rags fan when Langs scored.

Rangers Suck

It's right up there with some of the great accomplishments in our organization's history, no doubt about it. Where does it rank all-time in Devils history? I would say right after Johnny Mac's goal in Chicago to send us to the playoffs for the first time. Beating the Rangers in the playoffs would move it up the list a bit for me.

no way 2003 is higher than 2000. The quality of hockey played in the 2003 playoffs devalued the Stanley Cup to toilet bowl status.

2000 we won the Cup in overtime it doesn't get much more exciting than that, considering the last game was a horrible loss.

Edited by '7'

no way 2003 is higher than 2000. The quality of hockey played in the 2003 playoffs devalued the Stanley Cup to toilet bowl status.

2000 we won the Cup in overtime it doesn't get much more exciting than that, considering the last game was a horrible loss.

Well I was at game 7 in 2003 and I was watching on tv in 2000, that qualifies it as a better Devils moment for me.

95 Game 4. Best moment ever. First time I ever knew what it felt like to have my team win a championship. I'll never forget the look on Peluso's face, watching Pepe skating with the cup. It was one of the single greatest days of my life.

I was there too, and sadly underage, but goddamn I cheered so hard I tore apart my abdominal muscles and had to go to the hospital the next day. So awesome.

One that I do not see mentioned:

2001 Game 7 vs Maple Leafs - It gets forgotten because we ultimately lost in the finals but I remember having so much venom built up in that series after the Domi/Niedermayer incident that at the time I wanted to win that series as much as any other the Devils had ever been in. It felt so good to blow them off the ice in the last game.

I'll allow some leeway because of age, but there's no way this win ranks in the top 10. Not with four conference titles and three Cups. Not with MacLean in '88 against Chicago. Does last night even compare with Stevens's goal against Pittsburgh?

<JESTER>

Or even the explosion of noise in the Byrne after McKay's OT winner against Boston.

I've got several great ones.. and I was there for a few of 'em luckily

Marty's goal

0-0 Tie vs. Hasek

Game 7 SCF 2003

Game 1 SCF 2000 - Dano's goal + Drunk Belfour.. Perfect night.

Game 6 ECF 1995 - "All alone and it's Lemieux... Lemieux... SCORES!" - Gary Thorne's best call ever

Elias' goal in Game 7 ECF 2000

One of the best sports nights for me also was the Season Opener in '03-'04.. it was the same night as Game 7 of the ALCS (Yanks/Sox) - the Aaron effing Boone game. I was at the game watching them raise the banner and listening to the Yanks on the radio.. Made it home in time to watch them rough up Pedro and win. Amazing night.

2000 should rank higher than 2003 despite having to watch it on TV. Nothing can compare to winning the Cup in OT, plus it was my birthday!

Even though they eventually lost...what about 2001 SCF game 4...sykoras goal in the final 3 minutes goes in for the win to tie the series at 2 in the crucial game...the CAA was as loud as I have ever heard it.

0-0 Tie vs. Hasek

Game 7 SCF 2003

I was there for both of them and those were amazing... But I have to say that, that 0-0 tie was my first ever devils (hockey) game and it was kind of weird not seeing a goal... it was Dec. 23 if I remember correctly (I can't believe I remember that)... if you watch the DVD from (03?) marty has half of the puck and hasek has the other half from that game

p.s. does anyone know when the last scoreless game was played in the NHL? Is there a list anywhere I can find?

Edited by eppitek

How about Richers OT winner in Boston, game 4, 1994. Huge moment that gets forgotten.

/reminisce

Oh man that was a good one. I was going to college in Boston at the time and I remember studying for exams in the dining hall late Saturday night. I think Bernie Nichols or Claude Lemieux tied the game up. Remember how the Richer goal got set up? The faceoff was in the defensive end and instead of trying to draw the puck back, Holik fired it straight up the ice for a set play to Richer. The Boston goalie lunged for the puck like a dog diving for a bone. Beautiful. I need to get that replay.

I had the pleasure of attending Game 6 at the Boston Garden - sat in the upper deck completely tanked. Devils up 3-0, Boston ties the game in the 3rd. Just as every Boston fan is making fun of me, Nichols scores to make it 4-3. I stand up and shout "You are all PATHETIC!" Not the smartest thing to do but I was hammered. :evil:

/end reminisce