Devils To Announce New Coach At 2pm...eom

ljc99

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not Maclean. It is unknown who it is but Maclean has said it is not him.

http://www.nj.com/newslogs/starledger/inde..._06.html#150743

Good link! I'm happy its not Johny Mac. I don't think hes ready yet....Cant wait, this will have a huge impact on the Elias situation....and the direction of the team...

Edited by Elias26

I'm hoping for Sutter with the names being thrown around....although Quinn is a good coach I don't think he fits the Devs style and with MacLean and Burns out of it that would be my favorite choice....it would be really cool if they also announced the resigning of Elias at the press conference but that's just my hopeful wishing :)

Johnny Mac 'aint ready- he's not gonna have Lou there to keep the players in line every night. Christ, Johnny Mac hasn't even been a head coach at a minor league level, which I think is VERY important in most cases- he should have a chance to run his own ship in the minors or juniors before being a head man in the NHL. I'm PRAYING it's Andy Murray. I'd be VERY disappointed if it's MacLean.

Im not sure about Lewis. He was Bowman's right hand man. But, I do remember some Red Wings players had some issues with his philosophy.