La Pizzera Etc.

LizDevil30

Well I was in Montreal last week and on Friday the 11th we went to Marty's restaurant for my son's 8th birthday. It was mid afternoon and we were the only one's in the place (there was a couple at the outside tables). It's rather small about half dozen tables, we put two together for our party of 7. Marty and Souray's all star jerseys are framed on the wall and there are mostly pictures of Marty on the walls leading to the restrooms. I only recall three of Sheldon, one he's with Marty at the all star game and one of him when he was a Devil, and another one with him and some Canadien teammates, including Theodore.

The waiter/host asked us if we were friends of Marty's. I don't know where he got that idea, maybe because we were snapping pictures of everything? :P We told him no, just fans from NJ. (My kids all wearing Devils' tee shirts should've been a clue.) And then he tells us that had we come to the restaurant the same time yesterday, Marty would've been there! :argh: SO CLOSE! :doh1: The guy told us he would most definitely tell Marty we were there. We got the impression that Marty would've enjoyed seeing us almost as much as we would've enjoyed seeing him. :evil: The place isn't anywhere near the tourist spots, it's way out in northern Montreal, in an area that resembles the Meadowlands. :giggle: We drove up Sherbrooke to Hwy 25 N to get there (we were staying just a few blocks from Old Montreal.) If nothing else going to the restaurant gave a nice tour of the city. Wish I could've reported seeing Martin, well there's always next year.

I did meet with my two Canadian friends while I was there, one's from Ontario a town outside of Ottawa, the other from Montreal, so we met halfway at a lovely restaurant in the Willow Inn in a lovely town on the river called Hudson.

I did pass by the Bell Centre, another goal is to see a Devs/Habs game there.

I do have pics. Um but I don't know how to post them? :noclue: If someone doesn't mind I can send them a few and they can post them? They are on my digital camera. I have pics in and out of the place and some of the pics on the walls of Marty pouring champagne into the cup, with newspaper headline of the first cup, gold medal, etc. Like I said 90% of the pics are Marty, even the one of him in goal as a little kid.

Oh by the way, the pizza is very good (not greasy or oily). We had the Americain but with sausage and one just cheese. :) Hub liked that they had a bar. He and his friend had a few Molsens.

Welcome home! Glad you had a good time. Wish you had seen Marty - you should have told the waiter to give him a call - you'd wait :giggle:

Did you harass them for any stories -- What's he like to work for? Anyone in the kitchen know him better than the wait staff? bartender have any good tales?

What does he eat and how much? Do they ever try to tell him to go on a diet??? :evil:

How was the food?

Edited by annabelle

Looks like a cool place....I really want to go back to Montreal soon....and I do like pizza.

So, going back to the original thread about this (http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?sho...ntreal&st=0), and seen as the Newark arena is wanting some restaurants and stuff around it......d'ya think Marty would open one there? Would be the perfect after game hang-out.

That's too bad you missed Marty, but it still sounds like a nice place. Cool pictures too!

I was in Montreal back in April for the first Devils game there, but we were only there for like a day and a half so we didn't have a chance to visit the restaurant. :( But hopefully I'll be moving there next year and then I'd have a lot of chances to visit Marty's restaurant.

Great pictures!

DAMN! That's a pizza truly worthy of the name "Grande"!!

I could eat one whole pizza to myself...i would accomplish it or put myself into a pizza coma

It's similar to any sort of food coma..dahhhhhhhh