NBC Drops The Devils

Devilsdude530

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pk, yer right, most of the naysayers out there don't like Defense. Our Devils are built on D. Defense wins championships, I'll take that! :D

NBC will have more Devils hockey than they will know what to do with come June. :evil::koolaid:
Edited by Masked Fan

Just a thought, but maybe the NHL wants to shows full arenas.

I was at the 2/11 NBC game vs Tampa Bay, and it was definitely not full, and very quiet for much of the game.

So yeah, if I'm an NBC exec, I'd rather show a game in pumped up Buffalo or Philly, then a quiet laid back New Jersey game, where there will probably be a combined 3 minutes of ooh's and ah's.

This is such an intriguing question (if the game is dropped from nbc).

What would make this a bad decision, is that the Devils/Islanders game is the most meaningful right now of the 3 1'o clock games, since it includes a team on the bubble. The other 1pm games are Chi/Dal & Sabes/Flys 1 team positioning.

But our game could be 1 team might have to win to get in.

I do not have tickets. But if I did, I'd want the game to either be at night, so as not to disturb my Easter Sunday, or as early as possible, so I could still make dinner with family.

(and I do realize not everyone celebrates Easter, but I would guess more do than don't).

That said, if NBC does drop the game, what does Lou do? Change it to 3:30 to get on FSN?

Or keep it at 1 & no tv? I guess you could tape delay the broadcast, but that's so "80's".

I doubt they'd change it to a night game, but anything's possible.

I don't understand, why schedule the game for NBC in the first place if they are just going to drop it? It's not like that game became a meaningless game if anything the importance of the game has improved since it was originally scheduled (that's both of them). Before the season you looked and you would have thought that both of those games would be a team just playing for position versus a team near the bottom of the standings. Instead they are two game featuring games important to the playoff race.

Well, since they have given some warning there may be time to switch....NBC didn't give so much warning when they dropped the ATL/CAR game.

I imagine changing the game to 3:30 would risk a smaller crowd. 1 PM and you still get to be home by 4:30, 5ish for an Easter dinner kind of thing - a family-friendly game time. 3:30 takes up the meat of your day.

And switching it to night would force me (and presumably many others) between the Devils and The Sopranos. And that's just mean. :evilcry:

Just a thought, but maybe the NHL wants to shows full arenas.

I was at the 2/11 NBC game vs Tampa Bay, and it was definitely not full, and very quiet for much of the game.

So yeah, if I'm an NBC exec, I'd rather show a game in pumped up Buffalo or Philly, then a quiet laid back New Jersey game, where there will probably be a combined 3 minutes of ooh's and ah's.

The game is played on the ice and not in the stands, but from a marketing standpoint understand your point.

God forbid you have a goaltender in line for the Vezina and a team looking at 50 wins that will be overlooked again by the NYC, figure skating backdrop of Rockefeller Center and Bill Clement talking about his vacations, --) (played for the Flyers... BIG ----).

God forbid you have a team with a brand new, state of the art arena, that can be marketed by the NHL (NBC) as a model for the rest of the league... -----)'s.

God forbid you have a team that plays as a "team" and not for individual stats! A team that wins every year because they are a model of consistency (unlike the Rags) and teach kids what the game is all about... -----)'s.

NBC, the "N"o "B"rodeur "C"hannel , F'um! --------------)'s

As a previous poster stated, see ya in June! :koolaid:

Edited by LOULAM1

I imagine changing the game to 3:30 would risk a smaller crowd. 1 PM and you still get to be home by 4:30, 5ish for an Easter dinner kind of thing - a family-friendly game time. 3:30 takes up the meat of your day.

And switching it to night would force me (and presumably many others) between the Devils and The Sopranos. And that's just mean. :evilcry:

I already told my boss I was going to the April 1st game. I hope there is no time change. :evilcry:

Yea, but that's ATL and CAR, two teams that already show only 60-65 games on TV.

It's official according to NBC's listings:

http://nbcumv.com/sports/release_detail.nb...ventsonnbc.html

PLEASE NOTE: SUNDAY, APRIL 1:NHL on NBC- NO Boston @ New Jersey

PLEASE NOTE: SUNDAY, APRIL 8:NHL on NBC- NO NY Islanders @ New Jersey

Yea, but that's ATL and CAR, two teams that already show only 60-65 games on TV.

It's official according to NBC's listings:

http://nbcumv.com/sports/release_detail.nb...ventsonnbc.html

PLEASE NOTE: SUNDAY, APRIL 1:NHL on NBC- NO Boston @ New Jersey

PLEASE NOTE: SUNDAY, APRIL 8:NHL on NBC- NO NY Islanders @ New Jersey

So, what - the only two games they cancelled are both NJ games?!!?

That settles it, NBC is getting a nasty letter. :rant: