GDT TB @ DEVILS 7pm 4/20/07

Devilish34

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that was Devils hockey at its finest. Vintage Brodeur with the shutout! :dance: Nice goal by Andy Greene who has just played in these playoffs really well. oduya not so sure about tonights performance and took a bad penalty. TB tried to get nasty at the end but that didn't work out too well as Rupp kicked Roy's ass on the ice and the best part was Lou and John MacLean going at it on the benches with TB's coach Tortorella. Lots of words were said there and the crowd was in a frenzy. We were nice and load tonight all over the CAA! It fired up the players and now is the time to put away TB in Game 6. The Devils cannot leave them hanging around.

Hey, I saw RD and Gordie in the parking lot.. I parked and they were like 5 carss away from me.. but when i finally decided to walk to the tunnel/bridge I no longer saw them or I would ahve said HI.

Also so crasher in the hall although this time i dont think he saw me..as i was in front of his section and he was turning to go in it... and I had the pleasure of meeting our very own Devilish.. who i really just thought was a drunk who couldnt remember his row when he approached me :)

it was a good win, but the way the devils sat back at the end was a bit over the top, especially the last power play with 6 minutes to go and it was almost as if the devils were killing a power play and #4 rang the post...

devils better do better than 14 shots sunday if they want to end this in 6.

brodeur's poke check on st. louis was the play of the game in my book.

Edited by ice dog

I loved the look on Lou's face during the little temper tantrum thrown by Tortorella at the end of the game. He looked like he was thinking.."just make sure all your lug nuts are on tight next time you go on the freeway....." Lou doesn't have to yell, his silence is far scarier...

Glad we won though, even though it seemed to me we looked pretty sloppy. But who cares, a wins a win! Congrats Marty!

No doubt! I just loved how he pulled maclean down and he had the ever cool Lou look. We were making the comment how he looked so "jersey". We'll probably hear of Tortorella going missing and then they'll find his body in a garbage bag filled with bricks or with "cement shoes" in the river come next spring.....

Ughh La I hear you! The most annoying thing about hockey games..spilt beer, especially when it's on you. The game I went to on Thursday, the same dummies that always sit behind me were HAMMERED and they not only spilt beer on me, they made me spill beer on myself...ARGHHHh

got home 2:30am.... What a night! I was in the parking lot tailgating at 2pm!, and playing street hockey all afternoon... CBC and MSG had cameras there filming us. Beautiful weather! :D

Awesome game. When I get a LETS GO DEVILS chants on the concourse before the game going we win. I did it game 1 but not game 2..So now I know do that every home game.....

I was pissed when Martin got that penalty when he hit Pencil Neck!! I lost it!!! :angry:

and when They went after Langenbrunner, I absolutely lost it in my section!!!!!! Those scum bags!!!! what a DIRT BAG MOVE!!!! :angry:

WE NEED TO WIN GAME 6!! NO GAME 7!!!! MUST WIN GAME 6!!!!!!! CLOSE IT OUT!!! History has taught us to close out a series when we have the chance, dont let a team back into the series!!!

just another awesome night!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :dance:

LETS GO DEVILS!!!!

My thoughts:

On the TV the arean looked Packed, and the Noise!!!! wow , best i have heard all year, the team seemed fired up.

Andy Greene is Great, Anyone miss Hale?????

Tort looked lost at times last night, when they showed his face after every goal he had the look on his face of a man who knew he wasnt gonna win.

St louis and Lacavalier looked a bit worn down.

Mattys block on the shot from Karlsson to make it 1-1 was great, at 1-1 it becomes a different game.

MARTY !!!! :koolaid:

Lets finnish it of on Sunday :evil:

Devils do need to close thie series out in TB in Game 6. The Devils have a good record when they go up 3-2 after a 2-2 tie in series (9-2). The Devils are 5-3 in Game 6's. Devils need to win Game 6.

'94, EQF Sabres Won Game 5 Won Series 4-3.

'94, ESF Bruins Won Game 5 Won Series 4-2. Brodeur shutout Bruins in Game 6.

'94, ECF Rangers Won Game 5 Lost Series 4-3. :argh: Messier's Guarantee-Devils blew series!

'95, ECF Flyers Won Game 5 Won Series 4-2.

'99, EQF Penguins Won Game 5 Lost Series 4-3. Fluke goal by Pittsburgh in Game 7! :angry:

'00, ESF Maple Leafs Won game 5 Won Series 4-2.

'01, SCF Avalanche Won Game 5 Lost Series and SC 4-3. :evilcry::argh: Blew the SC that year!

'03, SCF Ducks Won Game 5 Won Series 4-3. Devils 3rd SCC! :dance:

'07, EQF Lightning Won Game 5 ????

Devils need to win Game 6 and end the Lightnings season!