Looking back: Firing Julien?

RowdyFan42

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should Lou have fired Claude Julien?

• Yes, he made the right move at the right time
    • I agree with the decision but not the timing
    • I don't agree with the move but Lou did what he had to do
    • Lou royally f*cked this one up
  2. 2. What brought the team down in the end?

• The players
    • The coaching
    • The general manager
    • A little bit of everything
    • Nothing, they just got beat by a better team

Well, now that the season's over and the results of Lou's second stint behind the bench have been finalized, was the firing of Claude Julien a good move by Lou? Was it a bad move? Did it not really matter because the problems went far beyond anything a coach could've dealt with? Discuss.

I'd vote for choice two in the first part of the poll and four/five in the second part of the poll. Really the impact was neutral, the Devils were going no further with Julien. It would only have been a bad move if they lost the division or lost to Tampa. Although if there is a such thing as hockey karma it came back to bite Lou on this one.

In any case enough with Lou behind the bench, let him concentrate on what he's good at, putting together a team. God knows we're gonna need that.

I think that Lou made the right move and the right time, because he realized that something was wrong. He did not want to let this team go into the playoffs with a coach who he didn't think could get the job done.

I also chose that we lost in the end because of the players. I refuse to say the reason we lost was because the Sens were a better team. If they were a better team, that could have contributed to the Devils losing. But in the end, it comes down to the players. If they put in the effort and have the heart to win, that is what decides the winner in the playoffs. That is why upsets exist, because the players on the worse team put in enough effort and show enough heart to make up for a lack in skill.

The issue is whether Lou will now have a tough time recruiting the coach he wants (assuming its not Mac or Burns) because of his history. What good coach is going to want to come to an organization where you can get thrown under the bus at any time under any circumstances.

in the end it didn't matter.

if he was going to get canned at the end of the season anyway, it's really not a big deal. it's a forgotten move - and one i sincerely think lou will not pull out of his bag of tricks again.

Agree. Well put.