Gas Prices IV

overtime98

Gas prices 2.88 by me in Morris County. slowly hitting 3 dollars a gallon.

50+ dollars to fill tank again.

Not worried because when people dont have money for shopping, retail sales will slide and they will be forced to lower gas prices. High gas prices effects everyone, and all of the economy.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gas station at the end of the street is 2.91. Most places around me ar 2.82-3.00. It sucks, but I'm glad my car has excellent gas mileage so it's not hitting my wallet TOO badly yet.

When it hits $4.00+ the world will undoubtidly implode, I fear.

That is the problem....I don't actually think it will. Notice how everyone is happy enough to pay over $3 now, when I arrived here five years ago it was $1.50. The slow steady increases, with little decreases in between make it all fine. I think it would take a real increase, for a sustained period of time to really get peoples backs up.

2.88 sounds nice, its 3.60 out in southern California.

3.60?..... insane! is that an average or the high?

I hope we never have to pay that!

I dont see it rising over 4 dollars a gallon, the economy wont let it!

That is the problem....I don't actually think it will. Notice how everyone is happy enough to pay over $3 now, when I arrived here five years ago it was $1.50. The slow steady increases, with little decreases in between make it all fine. I think it would take a real increase, for a sustained period of time to really get peoples backs up.

I miss the days when gas was under a buck...

Oh, and ot98, I live in Morris County too.

I miss the days when gas was under a buck...

Oh, and ot98, I live in Morris County too.

I hear you on that one RD. Those were the days and now I think we will never see these gas prices under 2 dollars a gallon. With the summer coming I do hope the gas prices drop to at least $2.09 to the most $2.15. Paying almost 3 dollars a gallon is pure robbery and it needs to go down now. This will force a lot of drivers to take mass transportation if the gas prices rise over 3 dollars a gallon.

ya 81 cents per gallon my first year of driving... I remember thinking that was low at the time cause milk was so much more.. but What i would give to pay that again.. I ahve like a 17 gallon tank.. good mileage but still..its 50ish when i fill up and drive a lot.

ya 81 cents per gallon my first year of driving... I remember thinking that was low at the time cause milk was so much more.. but What i would give to pay that again.. I ahve like a 17 gallon tank.. good mileage but still..its 50ish when i fill up and drive a lot.

I remember that....

See if people are able to pay less for gas, they will take more trips/vacations and go out shopping more!!! The oil companys just want Profit!!!and more of it!!!

31 gallon tank and 15 miles to the gallon :boogie:

I remember that....

See if people are able to pay less for gas, they will take more trips/vacations and go out shopping more!!! The oil companys just want Profit!!!and more of it!!!

And the shopping companies and the hotels and the airlines, etc...aren't looking to make profits and more of it? Corporations are supposed to make as much profit as possible and if they're pricing too high people find other avenues to spend their money.

I don't disagree, but remember last year when the prices were approaching $3 for the first time? A huge stink was raised then, and action (or the appearance thereof) was taken. I think people are just sick of fighting over it. It's not that they're happy to pay it, they just don't see much of an alternative.

As for this garbage about how the economy will collapse if prices hit $4... please. First of all, the economy won't take as big of a hit as some in this thread are saying it will, and second, does anyone honestly think the oil companies care? As long as they get their money, everyone else can go screw.

In the upper 2.70s here. Was a little higher a week or so ago and came down.

ThreeStars, how much is it across the pond these days, I know you aren't there but maybe you've heard your family complain or maybe you keep up with it.

EDIT: :rant:

Edited by sammyk

1.25 here in winnipeg, i've never seen it that high....I almost shat myself when i went to put money in Colby's SUV...