TFP: Top 30 UFA's

Chimaira_Devil_#9

You have to be wrong on Nylander because there's been nothing about this at all which leads me to believe it's a player option. And he already fired his agent because he had basically agreed in principle to a 3-year deal worth an average of 3.75 per.

So, he's going to hire a new agent and look to get even more money which is bad news for the Rangers.

Edited by SueNJ97

Jaromir Jagr only has 2 years left as a seriously productive player.

You really can't sign a player for 1 year - almost no one but the oldest players will sign a deal like that. They'd take less money and a longer deal in almost every case. The Devils have to decide if they want a center for the next 3, 4, or 5 years. Otherwise they may just consider moving Parise to center this off-season and acquiring a stopgap LW (of which there are more on the market).

The fact is the Devils build around the draft not the UFA PLAYERS.Actually, they'r not the only team to do that"An other exemple is the Pittsburgh Steelers.They let go their great players(Joey Porter this year)And they replace them via the Draft(Timmons,LaMarr Woodley..)
Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

I know someone that has a friend pretty high up with the Coyotes. I asked him about a week ago to check with his friend to see if he has heard anything about Gomez and the Yotes. I talked to him today and he said Gomez isn't going to Phoenix. His buddy told him they aren't interested in Gomer because he wants to much $$$$. I'm not sure if there have been any discussions or if this is based simply on what they expect him to get and its too much, but his friend seemed pretty certain Gomez wouldn't be a Coyote.

But what have we got coming through????

If we had another Zajac or antoher Parise i would say fine but we dont.

You cant replace a player like scott Gomez with Vrana.

I dont get why people keep saying this , Mogilny, Malakhov, Mcgillis were all stop gap players that just went wrong, Lou does sign UFA's!!!!

The reason i think everyone says that he dosnt is because they always turn out on the whole terribly and poeple try and forget.

This wouldnt be a signing to build the franchise around this would be a signing to get a position filled effectivley for a season or so, then rplaced by tallent, which as you say would come from the draft and the farm system.

The fact is the Devils build around the draft not the UFA PLAYERS.Actually, they'r not the only team to do that"An other exemple is the Pittsburgh Steelers.They let go their great players(Joey Porter this year)And they replace them via the Draft(Timmons,LaMarr Woodley..)