ZUBRUS TO DEVILS!!!!!

Devilsdude530

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has been getting better every year and possesses the qualitys we need on this team right now.

His size and puck retention will prove invaluable if he plays center on the first line or on the win on the second.

He shouldnt be compared to kozlov , the guy knows how to use his frame.

If you watch his highlights on the NHL site he crates chances for himself and team mates by taking the body.

He should florish in the Devils system.

BTW: didnt you say that we wouldnt sign any UFA's at this sort of money this off season, because Lou "dosnt sign UFA's"?? hopefully you are wrong again.

I've always watched Zuby along with Ovechkin. I'd rather have the big boy than the newly acquired idiot in Anaheim aka Cheapshot Tuzzi! <_<

I thought the $ given to Zubrus was reasonable..and Manta...I know this guy has disappointed many times before...but he was pretty solid for the Sabres in the playoffs..works the corners well...a pretty solid passer...and he can score...to his defense, in Washington he had some subpar talent around him for a long long time...in NJ he should serve a more prominent role and should have better linemates.

Now the YEARS of the deal...time will tell if that indeed is the right move.

I actually liked this kid when he was with Philly.

Problem is the Flyers rushed him and didn't give him the room to develop properly then they wanted Recchi soooo bad they were willing to trade him.

IMO He always had the potential. I think his problem is a lack of confidence (which I hope the length of this deal will cure), added to the way the Flyers treated him and all the movement and having to learn different systems. I don't think he ever found his rhythm but I think he could be solid.

I like the idea that he acknowledges that there is a system here in Jersey and he's willing to play within that system.

I think right now his positives (passing, scoring ability, work ethic -- which I've never heard dissed like Gomez's has, and his size ) outweigh the negatives (being a past disappointment, dumb mistakes, positioning).

At this stage in his career I would liken his potential of being in Jersey as more of a might-be-an-Arnott :uni: than might-be-a-Kozlov. ;)

A lot is going to depend on his chemistry with his linemates.

But I think this was a smart move. And like others have said, if it doesn't work, he could be packaged in a deal.

I watched about 15 caps games on center ice, pretty much to watch ovechkin's shifts...

soon i was thinking who the hell is this zubrus character, he's damn good...

needless to say, this is a great signing...lou saved the devils millions of $$$

and zubrus is hella hungry to produce and win.

His size and physical play will free up ice for gionta and elias...the top line will look more like the great A-Line but with more skill.

I'm sure the huge selling point for Zubrus was he would play on the top line with Elias and Gionta.

here's a quote i liked when i read it from zubrus:

"The tradition, the winning they've had in the past here, that was my biggest attraction. I want to win and that's why I wanted to come here."

Zubris will do well here. Most likely put on the top line with Elias and Gionta. Do not want to break up the Parise, Zajac, Langenbrunner line as it was mentioned in the Newark Star Ledger this morning.

Also Souray may be on his way back here to New Jersey.

How fanciful.

This is going to be year 11 of the Zubrus Project. Everyone is enamored of his size, but quickly get frustrated watching him fail to live up to his potential, Philly, Montreal, Washington and now Buffalo saw something or didn't see something in him and gave up on him. He will be the second coming of Kozlov in NJ and in a year or so will be let go.

I said Lou doesn't sign "overpriced UFA's", I said he would look at spare parts, which Zubrus falls into this category.

Zubrus is not a spare part.

It has been reported buffalo offered him more money to stay than we offered him, but he came here to win:

Zubrus, who is believed to have been offered more money than what he accepted with the Devils. "They (the Sabres) did lose two big players, but I'm happy where I am. There were a few teams interested. At the end it had to be a hockey decision and I think this is my best fit. We never really discussed what position and situations I'd be playing. It was about the team itself."

I have been watching him most of the season, i wasnt frustrated, i was impressed with what he brings to the game.

I think he has now landed on a team who will exploit his upsides to the max and get a lot out of him.

Zubrus is not a spare part.

It has been reported buffalo offered him more money to stay than we offered him, but he came here to win:

I have been watching him most of the season, i wasnt frustrated, i was impressed with what he brings to the game.

I think he has now landed on a team who will exploit his upsides to the max and get a lot out of him.

But you said Lou dosent sign "overpriced UFA's".

Priority dosent mean that the player below is a spare part, it just indicates who you want more, When nieds left , he was the main prority, Rafi was second, was rafi a spare part ???

Seriousley the only way this argument can be settled is going to be when Zuburs playes his first 10 games with the Devils.

Zubrus was the THIRD choice in Buffalo....spare part

So everyone but the top two players on a team are spare parts? Let's see here... Brodeur, Elias, I guess this means Parise and Gionta are spare parts? Were Rafalski and Gomez spare parts when they were here? That's a huge load of crap, and it's especially disappointing coming from someone who isn't usually full of crap.

And I know there's been a lot said this week, but where did Lou say he overpaid for Zubrus?

How fanciful.

This is going to be year 11 of the Zubrus Project. Everyone is enamored of his size, but quickly get frustrated watching him fail to live up to his potential, Philly, Montreal, Washington and now Buffalo saw something or didn't see something in him and gave up on him. He will be the second coming of Kozlov in NJ and in a year or so will be let go.

I said Lou doesn't sign "overpriced UFA's", I said he would look at spare parts, which Zubrus falls into this category.

So everyone but the top two players on a team are spare parts? Let's see here... Brodeur, Elias, I guess this means Parise and Gionta are spare parts? Were Rafalski and Gomez spare parts when they were here? That's a huge load of crap, and it's especially disappointing coming from someone who isn't usually full of crap.

And I know there's been a lot said this week, but where did Lou say he overpaid for Zubrus?

The Zubrus contract is not that bad. If he can put up 40-50 points a season that would be awesome. If he puts up less his contract is not un-moveable.

So with this signing does this mean Parise will be moving to center on the top line? I cant say I'm happy if that is the case. Parise is just soooooooooooo much better on the wing than he is at center. Remember what happened with Elias when the Devils experimented with him at center....that didnt work out too well either.

I think Zuby will allow Elias to primarily deal with Gionta, much like he used to do with Sykora back in the day. Elias and Gomez passed way too much looking for the perfect play, because they are both playmakers in their own right. I think this will shift the focus of the line. Zuby creates the room, the other two make it happen. Of course that's simplfying, btu you get my drift.

I think Zuby will allow Elias to primarily deal with Gionta, much like he used to do with Sykora back in the day. Elias and Gomez passed way too much looking for the perfect play, because they are both playmakers in their own right. I think this will shift the focus of the line. Zuby creates the room, the other two make it happen. Of course that's simplfying, btu you get my drift.