2007-2008 Schedule To Be Released Mid-Week

puckrock

TORONTO (July 8) -- Barring an unforeseen delay, one of the highlights each summer for hockey fans will occur this week -- on Wednesday, if the recent pattern is followed -- when the NHL releases its regular-season schedule for 2007-08. A bit unusual, this year, is that the league's slate of exhibition games has not yet been announced. The Maple Leafs, for example, usually release their pre-season dates around the middle of June, but it appears the exhibition and regular-season skeds will be made public at the same time this summer.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8529

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Should we start taking bets on who the Home-Opener opponent is? I'm going with Pittsburgh!

TORONTO (July 8) -- Barring an unforeseen delay, one of the highlights each summer for hockey fans will occur this week -- on Wednesday, if the recent pattern is followed -- when the NHL releases its regular-season schedule for 2007-08. A bit unusual, this year, is that the league's slate of exhibition games has not yet been announced. The Maple Leafs, for example, usually release their pre-season dates around the middle of June, but it appears the exhibition and regular-season skeds will be made public at the same time this summer.

Should we start taking bets on who the Home-Opener opponent is? I'm going with Pittsburgh!

Saturday, October 27th Vs. the Penguins.

My guess?

The Rangers$$

$$ is exactly why it won't be the rag$ in my opinion. All four games against them will easily $ell out, as will the home opener. Don't want to kill both highly profitable birds with the same $tone.

how many is it gonna be on the road 7-10?

Rangers

Probably six or seven I would think. Last year's season started on what, the 5th? But I remember quite a bit of time between games...so they could probably stretch it to where we do a Florida/Carolina run and maybe a few of the local teams before the home opener.

I think we opened with Pittsburgh at the Meadowlands in '82, so I'll go with the other PA team-- Flyers.

Panthers. Hell might as well get a sellout vs. Panthers right?

I agree.

I'm gonna guess Anaheim. Defending champs, plus it would be the return of Nieds if he doesn't retire. That would make for a pretty cool first game at The Rock.

We want a game we can win. :evilcry:

Saturday, October 27th Vs. the Penguins.

So you are saying that they are going to take down Bon Jovi's stage and equipment during his 10 day concert there at the Prudential Center for a night so the Devils can play then set up the Bon Jovi stage for the remaining dates?

The first home game will most likely be after the 10 Bon Jovi shows which ends in November. It will be either the end of the first week of November or the start of the second week of November for the Devils opener.

My guess?

The Rangers$$

I have that same feeling the Devils home opener in November will be the Ranger$.

So you are saying that they are going to take down Bon Jovi's stage and equipment during his 10 day concert there at the Prudential Center for a night so the Devils can play then set up the Bon Jovi stage for the remaining dates?

The first home game will most likely be after the 10 Bon Jovi shows which ends in November. It will be either the end of the first week of November or the start of the second week of November for the Devils opener.

I have that same feeling the Devils home opener in November will be the Ranger$.

From the Bergen Record last week a quote from Vanderbeek.

Vanderbeek said construction is on schedule for the arena to open in October and he is looking forward to the NHL's release of the 2007-08 schedule on July 11. He said the Devils probably would play their first game at the Prudential Center "in October" after the initial Bon Jovi concerts.

Bon Jovi has shows Oct. 25, 26, 28 and 30. That leaves Saturday, Oct. 27, Monday, Oct. 29 and Wednesday, Oct. 31 as possible dates for the Devils' Newark opener. Vanderbeek estimated that the Devils would play their first "six or seven" regular-season games on the road.

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=e...2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

Interesting that Florida has opened up a bunch of new buildings in the last decade:

-Wachovia Center - Philadelphia

-Verizon Center - Washington

-Gaylord Center - Nashville

Other new buildings and the opponent I've been able to find:

-United Center, Chicago (Edmonton)

-XCel Energy Center, St. Paul (Philadelphia)

-Nationwide Arena, Columbus (Chicago)

-Staples Center, Los Angeles (Boston)

-American Airlines Arena, Dallas (Nashville)

-Phillips Arena, Atlanta (New Jersey)

-St. Pete Times Fourm, Tampa (NY Rangers)

-TD BankNorth Garden, Boston (NY Islanders)

-Centre Bell, Montreal (NY Rangers)

-Air Canada Centre, Toronto (Montreal)

-ScotiaBank Place, Ottawa (Montreal)

-RBC Center, Raleigh (New Jersey)

-Bank Atlantic Center, Florida (Tampa Bay)

I don't know who the opponents were in Buffalo, St. Louis, San Jose, and Vancouver.

I'm sticking with my prediction of either Washington or Montreal. My new darkhorse is Carolina.