New Young faces next year??

NJDF

Hey Guys,

I don't follow the farm to closely but I was wondering if we have any ripe guys in the minors that should be coming up and contributing this year.

Zajak made huge improvement and helped this team alot. I think we saw some promise out of Green.

After the lack luster (gutless) playoff performance I was hoping the Devils would add some grit. Do we have any of that in our system?

Thanks!!

GO DEVILS!!!

I don't think you'll see too much in rookies next season. For forwards:

Clarkson looks like he'll make the team.

Tallackson will probably get a shot if he is still with the team but I doubt he makes it.

Vrana probably needs another year in the AHL but a great camp might get him on the roster as a 4th liner.

Bergfors would need to blow them away in camp after his miserable second half of last season plus he really should be playing on the first or second line so the Devils would rather he play overseas or the AHL than be on the 4th line.

Pelley could also make the team on the 4th line with a good training camp.

For defense:

Greene is a lock to make the team, IMO.

Corrente is another year or 2 away from making the team I'm guessing, due to age and his off ice issues last year.

Fraser needs another year or 2 as well. The Devils really have 7 NHL caliber defenseman with Greene staying up so I don't see how Fraser could make the team this year.

Next year look for Corrente, Fraser, and maybe Tulupov to fight it out to see who takes Rachunek and possibly Matvichuk spots with the big team.

we actually have plenty of grit on the farm - david clarkson should play a full season next year, and rod pelley looks like he's an old-school player despite going to college.

on defense we've got mark fraser who seems to have some toughness to him.

talent, no, grit, yes.

hopefully tallackson doesn't make it anywhere near this team - his soft style is exactly what we don't need.

Edited by Triumph

Im waiting to se if Vasyonov and Zharkhov make it over.

Zharkov had 35 points in 29 games including 29 goals in the russian SL2 this season.

In 2 years hopefuly they are in contention for the main team.

As for this year, Bergfors, pelley and tallackson all have outside shots at the lineup.

I think Bergfors might supprise after a few months off.

I doubt any of the D prospects make it up.

IMO Greene is already a devils player.

I Think David Clarkson Will Be the biggest Young Face Next year!!!!

He surprised everyone in the 6 games he played!!! He has speed, strength, endurance, great play maker and sometimes a scorer and will get dirty if he has to!

Clarkson Predictions Next year:

G: 36

A: 39

P:75

PM:95

+/-: 12

Edited by thefiestygoat

I Think David Clarkson Will Be the biggest Young Face Next year!!!!

He surprised everyone in the 6 games he played!!! He has speed, strength, endurance, great play maker and sometimes a scorer and will get dirty if he has to!

Clarkson Predictions Next year:

G: 36

A: 39

P:75

PM:95

+/-: 12

Rookie of the year contender!

Bergfors is playing in Sweden and will most likely play for the Lowell Devils this season. I do not think we will see Bergfors here on the Devils this season. As for Clarkson, I see him playing on the checking line with Madden and Pandolfo with his size and scoring ability. Clarkson may give some scoring life back into Madden and Pandolfo.

Bergfors is playing in Sweden and will most likely play for the Lowell Devils this season. I do not think we will see Bergfors here on the Devils this season. As for Clarkson, I see him playing on the checking line with Madden and Pandolfo with his size and scoring ability. Clarkson may give some scoring life back into Madden and Pandolfo.

No its the other way round Bergfors was in Lowell last season and the season before, but it is thought he may travel home for a year to rebuild after his poor showing then the WJHC and the second half of the AHL season.

If he dose not preform well in the camp i think he goes back to Sweden.

There has been nothing official to state that Bergfors will be in Sweden next year.

If he comes into camp , fresh and with the right attitude i can see sutter utalizing him on the big team.

With the cap space we have this year , he might get a few warm up games on the Devils , due to injury ect.

Unless Lou wants to keep the year that he can bocome a UFA down.

It would be wise if Clarkson didnt fight much. Hes young and if he picks a fight with the wrong guy he could be out for a few games, lose confidence. If he pulls them right, he gains respect. For the time right now, i rather have him play and put up some goals and work with the line rather than see him fight.

I agree that if anyone new makes an impact next season it will be Clarkson. The 36 goals predicted in this thread is wishful thinking. I like that Clarkson adds some grit with his game.

I really hope Clarkson makes the team and plays a full season. The only two players I could see coming up are him, and possibly Pelley. Pelley has a serious nasty side to him, kinda reminds me of Claude Lemieux B )

Clarkson would do well on the 3rd line Wing. He'd be used mostly for his size and physicality, but he'd be able to put up a fistful of goals as well. Pelley would be a good choice for the 4th line, I guess he and Viukhola will duke it out for that spot.

I really hope Clarkson makes the team and plays a full season. The only two players I could see coming up are him, and possibly Pelley. Pelley has a serious nasty side to him, kinda reminds me of Claude Lemieux B )

Clarkson would do well on the 3rd line Wing. He'd be used mostly for his size and physicality, but he'd be able to put up a fistful of goals as well. Pelley would be a good choice for the 4th line, I guess he and Viukhola will duke it out for that spot.

Mo offense, but please don't mention Claude Lemieux and Pelley in the same sentence.... not yet anyway.

I don't know how Finnish League numbers compare to the NHL when a player comes over, but Viuhkola had 45 points in 37 games last year, and 39 in 46 games the year before that. He may be a pleasant surprise.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=49094

Mo offense, but please don't mention Claude Lemieux and Pelley in the same sentence.... not yet anyway.

Just making a comparison to the way they play the game with a chip on their shoulder and a balls-out attitude. Trust me, Claude was one of my idols, I wouldn't go and say he and Pelley are equals.