Bergfors: When?

TrentonDevils

There has been mention that he will play next season in Sweden. However, I dont see any reason why he shouldnt be at our training camp trying to earn a spot regardless (at the least, it's good experience).

The truth is, no one knows right now. Also, we are deep in RWs.

Y'know, I am not convinced he'll ever make it to NJ. Sure, he might make it to the NHL, just not with the Devils. He's another small, scoring forward. No good on 3rd or 4th lines....from what I've seen of him, he really doesn't "battle"........who would he replace on the current roster?

Y'know, I am not convinced he'll ever make it to NJ. Sure, he might make it to the NHL, just not with the Devils. He's another small, scoring forward. No good on 3rd or 4th lines....from what I've seen of him, he really doesn't "battle"........who would he replace on the current roster?

I don't think he ever makes the club. Based on his lackluster play in Lowell I don't think he has the tools to adjust to the North American game. And sending him back to Europe will help with his homesickness, but not with his skill development (not to say that the Swedish coaches are bad, but rather that the game styles are slightly different).

I didn't mean to offend anyone and I know that European players are just as good as American players, I just have a personal belief that come playoff time the American player want the cup more for the simple fact that they grew up watching NHL hockey. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

I didn't mean to offend anyone and I know that European players are just as good as American players, I just have a personal belief that come playoff time the American player want the cup more for the simple fact that they grew up watching NHL hockey. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.
Edited by TravisZajac

I dont like seeing how many people are writing bergfors off already because he had a sophomore slump. plenty of players have had sophomore slumps going into their second pro season. Just off the top of my head, Eric Staal, and you could even say Zach did (when I say second I mean second pro which includes AHL, so his first season with the devils would be his sophomore slump, not so awful though).

Give bergfors this season before you start writing him off. Anyways, he is still young, so he has a few more seasons to prove he has what it takes. I for one think he does, but yeah could be a couple years away.

I don't think he ever makes the club. Based on his lackluster play in Lowell I don't think he has the tools to adjust to the North American game. And sending him back to Europe will help with his homesickness, but not with his skill development (not to say that the Swedish coaches are bad, but rather that the game styles are slightly different).

I have only seen Bergfors maybe like 5 or 6 times but it seems to me he had a good first AHL season, a good first half last season, and a horrific 2nd half last season. That will happen to lots of guys who are that young playing in the AHL, especially when you consider how messed up the AHL squad has been the last few years. I still think based upon what I read and have seen that Bergfors is an NHLer.

Edited by Devils731