NJ Devs 2007 Fantasy Football Main Discussion

CRASHER

Since when have Heap's numbers been better than any of the other top TE's? He's always been one of the top guys, just not on the Gates level (or Gonzo pre-Herm).

Yeah iggy I was looking at Miller too if one or two other TE's had been picked earlier. I do actually understand where CRASHER's coming from though about not wanting two TE's, I had Heap and Witten one year and I had some off weeks as far as picking who to play. But like I said the talent pool's such this year that it's better to get a second TE than a fifth RB or WR that's almost guaranteed to be useless.

Edited by Hasan4978

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't have to be a secret. Was Crumpler a secret with Vick? Is Heap a secret with Boller/McNair?

Once Campbell got the starting gig, he looked to Cooley often. I expect that to continue throughout the season. He'll have some off games, but he'll also have a two-TD 75yds game tossed in.

Yes, Crumpler was a secret, teams didn't defend against Crumpler, they looked to stop Vick. Heap's numbers have been down due to injuries, but is fine now.

Campbell got the starting gig when it didn't matter, in essence Washington started this years pre-season last November. Cooley's numbers won't matter much.

I can't believe I just noticed this now...Masked actually picked Damon Huard in the 12th round? A HERM QB? :rofl:

can't get penalties for getting intercepted when you ain't allowed to throw :P

I can't believe I just noticed this now...Masked actually picked Damon Huard in the 12th round? A HERM QB? :rofl:

Meh, they play Denver at home in week 10. What the hell. I'm hoping he has it together by then and LJ is done for the year. hmmmm bennett?...... :whistling:

I have to admit... so far looking at the teams, I think Masked is gonna be wishing TEAM BYE was back this year :lol:

his team don't look so hot... but I never liked drafts that blow their load on one or two teams (even though Mike does that in Brian's league and ALWAYS does well :P)... I don't like the eggs in one basket theory myself!

Look like we might be close to finishing up within the next 24 hours too!!! :clap:

then once I put my last pick in... I hit start league button and WHAM-O !!! B )

Poor Has....the Raider D????? Ouch. Thats almost as bad as having the Jets defense.

Believe it or not that was his FIRST choice :blink: :blink:

Their defense IS good... the problem is their offense makes Herm's scheme look like the Greatest Show on Turf! :P

Their defense IS good... the problem is their offense makes Herm's scheme look like the Greatest Show on Turf! :P

Even IF their defense was considered good, their offense sucks, so by the 4th period teams will probably just run through them.

I have to admit... so far looking at the teams, I think Masked is gonna be wishing TEAM BYE was back this year :lol:

Yeah, I usually stay away from this method myself, but the talent is there.

I picked 9th and have

A top 5 QB

2 top 20 WR's

A TE & K who will CONSISTANTLY get me points.

3 top 20 RB's

The 2007 NFL rookie of the year :ph34r:

The NEW Doomsday Defense

And I haven't made Black horse pick yet! :lol:

Poor Has....the Raider D????? Ouch. Thats almost as bad as having the Jets defense.

Oakland is out on the field so much, the law of averages says they'll get their turnovers & scores. :whistling:

P.S. I emailed iggy to let him know.

Edited by Masked Fan

Oh, how did I not see such a brilliiant strategy, Wearing the oppositions offense out!!!

Brilliant. Only Al Davis could devise such a scheme.

don't make me laugh that hard when I am in a customer's office !! :P

The Raider defense is actually fairly good, if they had even a below average offense (as opposed to being historically bad) they would have been 8-8 last year or close to it. Ryan should be a head coach just for his job getting the D to play hard all season last year with that offense, and they do have more talent on the D this year from what I know. Their offense can't help but be better than last year, I can't picture them being any worse anyway or they should just go down to division I-AA, maybe they could score more than a touchdown against Appalachian State :lol:

Besides I only wanted a bye week matchup anyway since I'm not benching the Chicago D barring 32345 injuries.

Admittedly I was surprised to see Clown take the Jets as his first defense, I got them in like the 15th round of my other league - a Jet fan league no less - as my second defense (also behind the Bears). They still have issues on the d-line although the back seven should be fairly good.

BTW the Chiefs are one LJ injury away from BEING as bad as the Raiders' offense from last year :P

Edited by Hasan4978