So did anyone see the Britney trainwreck?

Weekes Head

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it did, who is everyone talking about the next morning? You know what they say about publicity

Help or hurt? It certainly put her back in the limelight -- but not for the right reasons. People aren't laughing with her, they're laughing at her. If there had been anyone left to actually take her seriously before her "performance," they're without a doubt gone now too. She needs to pull something huge to save her career at this point.

... She needs to pull something huge to save her career at this point.

I'm not sure about how it will save her career, but I'll let 'er. B )

Help or hurt? It certainly put her back in the limelight -- but not for the right reasons. People aren't laughing with her, they're laughing at her. If there had been anyone left to actually take her seriously before her "performance," they're without a doubt gone now too. She needs to pull something huge to save her career at this point.

Cynical Josh talking:

Maybe that's part of the plan. Maybe the idea is to have her crash as far as possible so it looks all the more impressive and inspirational and earns that much more money when it finally does get turned around.

I'm not nesicarily saying that an awful performance at a nationally televised awards show was planned, but if she has the right handlers behind her and eventually DOES come back big like some are hoping and most are dreading, it will look even better. Then you can sell the story - books and tv shows and movies and Oprah apperances promoting the three.

Apathetic Josh talking:

Or maybe we shouldn't be so shocked because it's BRITNEY SPEARS and it's NOT 1999. :noclue:

I like the cynical me better too...

Even doing awful Britney is still pulling in like 750k a month. If that's a floor or bottoming out then sign me up!

BTW, I think being a trainwreck is a definite celebrity strategy now. The more messed up you are the more press you get and the more press you get the more peripheral bucks you pick up unrelated to what used to be your actual income source.

This is considered "out of shape"?

BritneySpearscelebutopianet4.jpg

I do not like Spears. Not her music, not her white-trash lowest-common-denominator videos, not her demeanor... so this is not meant to defend her in any way....

but this "out of shape" crap is just wrong. No wonder elementary school girls are going on diets.

BTW, in all fairness, it depends on the angle. Look at this picture:

britneyWMG1010_468x707.jpg

and this one:

BritneyLeansAP_468x631.jpg

Edited by RD

Boy that was a great time for a top gun reference, someone called someone a Maverick, out of date references were called to the front...it was the perfect storm for top gun.

:unsure:

*Language warning if you're at work*

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

They had this on the radio this morning...and I think they thought this person was actually a girl...:unsure:...

This has actually been up for a few days.... I wasn't able to watch the whole thing. It was very unsettling. Some people have a good ROFL at this guy, but it's obvious that he seriously needs help. Some say that it was a parody of typical Spears fans.... but by looking at this guys other youtube stuff, you can see he's been completely off-kilter for quite some time.

This has actually been up for a few days.... I wasn't able to watch the whole thing. It was very unsettling. Some people have a good ROFL at this guy, but it's obvious that he seriously needs help. Some say that it was a parody of typical Spears fans.... but by looking at this guys other youtube stuff, you can see he's been completely off-kilter for quite some time.

Alrighty then! Psych consult please. I notice there has been over 4.5 Million views of that video.

To stay off the topic of Britney...I dont know if someone mentioned it or not but Chris Brown and Rihanna's performance was pretty damn good.

Edited by XxLancerHockeyPridexX