Neil Hits Avery

DevilsRule2008

I do not even see that hit as a penalty.

I agree, it was just a really big, hard, but legal hit. I watched the Ranger recap after the Devils game last night and whomever was running it showed the clip and then afterwards mentioned how it was an elbow from Neil and I wanted to see the hit again because the first time it looked fine. Seeing it again confirms that the hit was fine and it annoys me that whomever was doing the recap would call that hit an elbow when it obviously wasn't.

It is definitely not a penalty.

There was no elbow.

There was no leaving of the feet.

There was no charging.

Neill glided in and took the shoulder, its just that Avery was in a very bad position, turning toward his own left and coming back up from a low position.

However, there is a rash of hits like this over the past few years, where one of the 10 players on the ice is looking to deliver the monster hit.

Ones where the player targets another from 40 feet away. Those have to be watched out for.

This is an example of Neill being the "third-player" involved. By that I mean Avery was being contested by another Sen, and then Neill comes into the play and delivers the hit.

We do not get to see what Neill was doing a few seconds before the hit, but it appears that he saw it was "Sean Avery" and decided to crank him.

Edited by BlueSkirt

Clean hit. Thank you Chris Neil! This made my week!

Clean hit all the way.

Avery had his head down and got nailed. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy... :giggle:

Edited by mackchi

Did anyone catch Al Trautwig whining about it and begging for a suspension? Then of course they show the elbow he got suspended for last year and say how similar it was. It's no wonder Ranger fans are a bunch of babies, they have this guy feeding their opinions. Fischler goes on to say nothing will probably happen because Neil plays for a Canadian team they get preferential treatment from the NHL. How about it was a clean hit?

I really hate that Hockey Night Live garbage they use now as the pre and post game shows. It's basically a Ranger infomercial. Trautwig basically says the Devils have no fans, and then reads a question from a Ranger fan that says we have 10 fans. Fair and balanced....

I normally don't like to say woohoo a player got hurt, but in this case, i'm making an exception.

The preseason game at MSG when Avery knocked out Weekes, all they did was chant AVERY AVERY. Then they all started yelling GET UP YOU P*SSY.Sorry, but thats as classless as it gets (or so i thought, untill they started chanting go home a$$hole to me and my 16yr old sister). Then the guy behind me has the nerve to say "Too bad it wasnt Marty, he deserves every hit he gets". I really wanted to ask WHY Marty would deserve every hit he gets but i think we all know, bc Marty is better than Henrik.

So, with that, I'm happy Avery is getting a taste of his own medicine.

I normally don't like to say woohoo a player got hurt, but in this case, i'm making an exception.

The preseason game at MSG when Avery knocked out Weekes, all they did was chant AVERY AVERY. Then they all started yelling GET UP YOU P*SSY.Sorry, but thats as classless as it gets (or so i thought, untill they started chanting go home a$$hole to me and my 16yr old sister). Then the guy behind me has the nerve to say "Too bad it wasnt Marty, he deserves every hit he gets". I really wanted to ask WHY Marty would deserve every hit he gets but i think we all know, bc Marty is better than Henrik.

So, with that, I'm happy Avery is getting a taste of his own medicine.