GDT: DEVILS @ ISLANDERS 7:00PM TV FSNY2 /FSN HD Radio 660 XM 237

Devilish34

Can someone explain to me how there was no penalty on Campoli when Brylin had his break away? If that is not preventing a player from skating, I don't know what is. And then to call a penalty on the Devils and essentially give the Isles the extra point. I have no problem with the penalty on Greene but call the f*cking game even. Bush league J.O. officiating.

And as for our Defense. Can't fault the boys on that last play being that there were only 3 players on the ice but until they learn to protect their goaltender and clear the front of the net, they will continue to struggle. Doesn't matter which goalie is playing

And again, that non call on Brylin was just terrible

Edited by SickMan

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one's not on the refs. The no-call on Brylin, while close, probably wasn't a penalty - and the Devils got gifted the call on Bergenheim.

I really wish Oduya could stay on his skates. I know that ice was terrible, but damn it - it's a sad state where he's the guy who comes out on a 5 on 3.

I was about to rip Rachunek again, but he had a tremendous overtime. Almost scored the game winner and made the terrific pass to Brylin. If we could only see that more often.

I think the criticism for lack of effort I saw earlier in the thread is unfounded. Once again, the Devils don't have the most talented bunch - so when they're reeling, as they were tonight, they're going to look bad - they're not going to hit anyone and they are going to struggle to move the puck. That's 2 2-goal deficits they've overcome for either a win or tie; that's got to mean something.

I gotta say that sutter has made plenty of rookie mistakes so far. I hope he can adjust and learn soon, because some of his decisions have already cost us some points this year. Its those kind of mistakes that change you from finishing top in your division to finishing 6-8 in the conference, or from finishing 6-8 to missing th playoffs entirely. We have to stop throwing points away asap.

The non call on Campoli sucked as did the call on Greene, but people this team was awful tonight and tried to give the game away in the second period. I'm not happy with the 1 point but I'm certainly not that disappointed that they rallied from 2 down in the 3rd to at least get a point in the standings. This team is still not 100% and this is a learning curve with Sutter. Have a little bit of patience.

This one's not on the refs. The no-call on Brylin, while close, probably wasn't a penalty - and the Devils got gifted the call on Bergenheim.

I really wish Oduya could stay on his skates. I know that ice was terrible, but damn it - it's a sad state where he's the guy who comes out on a 5 on 3.

I was about to rip Rachunek again, but he had a tremendous overtime. Almost scored the game winner and made the terrific pass to Brylin. If we could only see that more often.

I think the criticism for lack of effort I saw earlier in the thread is unfounded. Once again, the Devils don't have the most talented bunch - so when they're reeling, as they were tonight, they're going to look bad - they're not going to hit anyone and they are going to struggle to move the puck. That's 2 2-goal deficits they've overcome for either a win or tie; that's got to mean something.

The non call on Campoli sucked as did the call on Greene, but people this team was awful tonight and tried to give the game away in the second period. I'm not happy with the 1 point but I'm certainly not that disappointed that they rallied from 2 down in the 3rd to at least get a point in the standings. This team is still not 100% and this is a learning curve with Sutter. Have a little bit of patience.

Not much to be done, unless Danny Markov is the answer, which he's not really.

Hard to find teams selling on defense this early in the season, and harder to find teams selling anything decent, and even harder to find a team that's going to part with something without wanting something for this season in return.

Sutter HIMSELF said there was an alarming lack of effort in the second period. I agree with him on this. I don't agree with him - or others on the board to assume that every bad period is lack of effort, I think most of it so far has been just being unsure of themselves and the system but getting outshot 13-2 by the Isles in the first fifteen minutes of the second period is just inexcusable, no defense for that.

HOI wow I don't know what to say if you're 'proud' of Oduya. Can we play someone, ANYone else over Odontya?