POD: My last rant.

olp

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a joke POS posts like this are stickied for POD. This is a freaking message bored to talk hockey and how the team is playing. get off the high horse.

I agree about chico tho.

this gem from Hasan

Honestly this season the people complaining about the complainers have been almost as bad. People can't say ANYTHING negative anymore without being hit by the 'spoiled, whiner, overreaction, etc' comments. I'm not just talking about the true overreaction nonsense - which btw is a staple of all message boards not just here, people can't even criticize anyone on the team or vent in the game thread without being personally attacked themselves.
Edited by squishyx

First of all, Devils fans are spoiled. That's why the attendance in the first round of the playoffs is -- ahem -- a tad different than it is for the later rounds.

As for the rant...meh. Can't really get all that excited about someone taking the posters here to task for "all of the constant complaining" and then using the road trip as an excuse for the Devils' not being able to put together back-to-back solid efforts thus far this season.

<JESTER>

It is starting to get embarassing when Chico just doesn't seem to care which player he's talking about. We know he was a goalie and has taken his share of hits to the head, but it can't be THAT hard to get the Devils' players straight. No one ever corrects him, you'd hope someone in the truck would at least say 'You're talking about Rachunek, not Oduya' or something similar, which seems to happen on football and baseball broadcasts. Nope.

As for the rest of your points, I think people need to display a little more patience. I think Has makes a good point, but the negative people are almost always the same culprits, so the board comes down hard on them. In 2000, it was GetReal and ^7^ on NJO, then it was KingDevil (Palffy and Satan - better than Elias!) now it's others - things never change. The Devils haven't drafted a defenseman who's made the NHL since Paul Martin was selected in June of 2000, and it shows. The draft is a gamble - Anton Kadeykin washed out and the Devils have been just terrible with late round picks.

Edited by Triumph

You take Chico with a grain of salt. Gotta' love him though.

And there's a difference between being spoiled, and expecting the best, and that's what all of us here expect. Maybe the casual Devils observer is all "Who cares, it's the first round, they're always there", but we expect more from Lou, our coaches and our players.

I don't agree with the pannicking (Remember the West Coast Road Trip last year? It's not as bad as that was) but you know what, we've come to expect better.

You take Chico with a grain of salt. Gotta' love him though.

And there's a difference between being spoiled, and expecting the best, and that's what all of us here expect. Maybe the casual Devils observer is all "Who cares, it's the first round, they're always there", but we expect more from Lou, our coaches and our players.

I don't agree with the pannicking (Remember the West Coast Road Trip last year? It's not as bad as that was) but you know what, we've come to expect better.

Edited by Triumph

It's not so fun psoting here. I am a fine one to talk because I over-post. But see, I feel like it's pointless to even respond in this thread because olp won't see it. It'll get lost in the shuffle. Five other people will say something they think is the same thing I said. Nothing fruitful will come about.

It's not talking shop. It's too redundant for shoptalk. Most threads have little to no give and take. People chose a side and blab on and on even when they are wrong and they know it they just irrational cling to a point that makes them happy. I at least try to just blab on and on in one easily ignorable post.

There is no communication - each post is just a jumping off point for personal diatribes. no one responds pleasantly to a post. you get the roat "I agree" once in a while or the codescending arbitor of quality hockey posting: "gets it" tagged on to a quote - as if no one else is advanced enough to address and the person they quoted is a fledgling or something who shoudl feel good that soandso thinks they get it.

Mostly you have about 5 to 10 people saying the exact same thing a slightly different way obviously not having read or cared about a thing anyone before them wrote. how many times have I see one guy write something insightful then a page later someone say the same thing in maybe a more simplistic way maybe a more verbose way -- then some jackass writes "gets it"

it's all about the venting here the personal venting - I'm one to talk and all - it's just impossible to follow things now. Impossible to catch the gems in each thread. impossible to tell someone how right they are, impossible to ask what anyone thinks of anything without starting a whole new thread -- which will probably be ignored or more annoying still re-routed to the thread that spurred you're thought as if you're a selfish a$$hole who doesn't read the board as opposed to just some guy trying to be heard above the din of bitching.

and no one respects anyone here. I guess that's what I'm sick to death of. It's not a board of getReals. I like GetIceLucifers dog... You gets to yell STFU... here it's this grating incidious BORING selfish bitching. Why does sammy never post hockey here :saddevil: What's the point? You all say everything, shout down everything, and respect at the barest minimum so you get to say the likes of olp are a$$holes and dont really seem like such a bad bunch.

RD has a point, and I dont disagree - but then there's the other thing -- everyone has to contradict ANY AND EVERYTHING posted. It's just exhausting and not fun the majority of the time.

And I read what I have to say and I dont give a feck - dont care if anyone else gives a feck - don't even see the point of posting. Normally I dont but I only am now just so you see the thought process. Plenty of very interesting people have something to say -- but really does the whining majority give a sh*t? and still the bitchers opinions are respected - because interesting people remember the good times and try to their small part to at least keep the board alive - because we all drink the kool aid. We may have to choke on it now and again but we do it.

yeah... i know :blahblah:

Edited by Pepperkorn