Projected Playoff Matchups

BlueSkirt

Bruins look inviting as I'm skeptical that they would get any extra advantage about facing Ftorek's former team.

But in general, I recall that 2 vs. 7 produces more upsets than 1 vs. 8, according to my own un-scientific research...

But, I think they would be a good matchup to get the Dev's championship juices flowing.

be careful for what you wish---remember EVERYONE wanted Carolina last year. We've had a habit of making meidocre goalies look like Hall of Famer's in the first round .

Weeks

Rhodes

whoever the Pens goalie was in 99

Wasn't Barrasso still there? Don't think he needed US to make him look like a HOFer. :D

I HOPE THAT IS HOW THEY TURN OUT IT LOOKS TO BE AN AMAZING PLAYOFF RACE!!!

My God! Stars vs. Oilers?!!?! Great rivalry there. Red Wings vs. Wild? Can you say "'95"? I always enjoy Devils vs. Bruins (especially considering the Bruins luck as of late). But the icing on the cake is Flyers-Leafs. That means one of them will be eliminated before we even have to think about playing them.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!

I agree with Sammy on this one. I would love to see Leafs/Flyers go to seven games with Philly winning. Leafs will be tougher in later rounds, especially now that they have a goalie that can win the big games.

We can beat Philly, and they know it.

I'd love to see the Isles vs Sens. I think they are one of the only teams in the east (besides the Devils of course) that are capable of tossing out the Sens.

Tor Vs Philly they'd kill each other in that round, then whoever they faced in the next round (Wash or TB) would rip up what would be left.

West would have great matches.

I'd love for the Ducks to up and out the Canucks 4-0, Stars would win against the depleted Oilers.

Wild Vs Wings would be a great one, I can see it going 7 games of O Vs D. Unfourtenly I see the Wings winning Game 7 in OT.

Avs Vs Blues is a toss up that rest on Osgood.

Final - Devils Vs (Suprising) Ducks.

Break out the rally monkey.

:evil: JesterDevil :evil:

Ha! Can you imagine Yashin waking up against the Sens? :D

I can see the Ducks doing damage, they've got scoring, decent D, excellent goaltending, and decent depth. There's also the veteran leadership of Oates, Thomas, and Ollauson. Then again...there is that rookie coach...

Flyers-Leafs would be a great series. Hopefully both beat up on each other.

I wouldn't mind seeing us end up playing the Bruins in the first round. They're goaltending is shakey, but as said before by others, we've had a habit of making average goalies look like mini-Haseks in net.

I'd love to see Devils/Bruins in the 1st round, you know a Ftorek led team is going to choke. We beat them in the old Gahden and we'll beat them in the new Gahden :D (well not so new anymore) Devils in 7

Sens vs. Isles- Heart says Isles, head says Sens. Ottawa in 7 but Yashin will have a good series

Caps vs. Lightning- Sorry, Tampa will have to wait another year to win there first playoff series, Caps in 6.

Flyers vs. Leafs- Great great series, really hoping this one happens. I'd have to say Leafs in 7

Stars vs. Oilers- Renewing a great rivalry, I'd love to see the Oil win but it will probably be Dallas in 6

Canucks vs. Mighty Ducks- Vancouver in 5

Wings vs. Wild- Wild give Detroit fits but Red Wings pull it out in 7

Avalanch vs. Blues- Avs in 6, Forsberg and Sakic tear Osgood apart

anyway, it's too early for this