Sutter's postgame press conference

NJDevs4978

Using the Oleg Tverdovsky approach to assigning success doesn't neccessary mean cause and effect.

Yes, Sutter was drafted by a team that had already won the SC doesn't mean he played a significant role, I believe Bossy, Trottier, Potvin, Gillis, Tonelli, Smith, Goring, Arbour contributed some.

Coaching your kids hockey team is much, much, much different than coaching professionals in the NHL.

Sadly, I am spoiled by the what the Devils HAD built and I want the playoffs this year, so an empty promise for a few years down the road doesn't compfort me.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your hate for Sutter is getting ridiculous. Sutter finished with 21 points in 20 games in the 1983 play-offs, second on the team behind Bossy (but with more points than Trottier) as a 20 years old.

But if you think he didn't play a significant role back then, maybe you should watch the 1987 Canada Cup Finals. But I guess he didn't contribute there either. :rolleyes:

The sooner people accept the fact that this team will struggle just to earn a spot, the happier we all will be :uni:

I really don't know what everyone is waiting for. What, are we waiting for Gionta to get lucky again, and net 48? That aint gonna happen ever again. Are we waiting for Elias to accel to the 96 point (or whatever it was) level from 2001? Gionta will be lucky to sniff 30 per season the rest of his career.

At this point, I think Elias' shells shell is a shell of it's former self....

Hard times, folks, we gotta deal with it.

Edited by davemaleyfan

Your hate for Sutter is getting ridiculous. Sutter finished with 21 points in 20 games in the 1983 play-offs, second on the team behind Bossy (but with more points than Trottier) as a 20 years old.

But if you think he didn't play a significant role back then, maybe you should watch the 1987 Canada Cup Finals. But I guess he didn't contribute there either. :rolleyes:

haha

sorry to call ya out like that... but the brains seem to liquefy in this forum of late!!! :koolaid:

Does anyone think that Lou, Sutter, etc, don't see what is going on? Of course they do. Maybe they knew it was going to be a rough year, and they are prepared for it.

Someone said earlier that the 'inmates have run the asylum long enough.' Thats it exactly. Now there's someone demanding accountability, and they players really don't like it. I think the difference this time is that Lou is sick of the pattern, and he's going to stick by the coach this time.

Also, weren't we JUST talking about how great the Devils played against Tampa, Toronto, and the Rangers 2 days ago? There were ALOT of half-a$$ games last year, too. Last night was one of those. I don't see why everyone seems to think last year was some amazing fantasy land season where the Devils played hard every single night and had 1st place locked up by January. There were bad games last year, too. (1st Isles game in NJ, the game in Phoenix, and the 3-0 loss to Pittsburgh in March come to mind.)

3 Real good games in a row. Plus, they did well in the last of the 9 road games against NY, and held Ottawa until they collapsed in the 3rd in the home opener. But an uninspired 5-0 loss to Pittsburgh is the be-all end-all?

Well, I guess we didn't get blown out like that last year... oh... wait... there was that 8-0 loss to Ottawa...

Someone said earlier that the 'inmates have run the asylum long enough.' Thats it exactly. Now there's someone demanding accountability, and they players really don't like it. I think the difference this time is that Lou is sick of the pattern, and he's going to stick by the coach this time.