Langenbrunner back next week, White closer also

CADevilsFan

I don't know how to think with these two coming back. White has a place on the top pair and will help the PK a ton. Langenbrunner on the other hand may make someone in the top 9 expendable. Clarkson has shown he deserves to get the minutes. I would really like to use him in front more on the PP...that is his niche.

I don't know how to think with these two coming back. White has a place on the top pair and will help the PK a ton. Langenbrunner on the other hand may make someone in the top 9 expendable. Clarkson has shown he deserves to get the minutes. I would really like to use him in front more on the PP...that is his niche.

Edited by Triumph

There are tons of options for the top 9 if you take Brylin out and insert Langs. Especially if you're willing to move Zubs and Parise around from wing to center for some combinations. I've just put a bunch together in my head and the top 3 lines look very solid with lots of different looks depending on the opponents strengths.

Easy answer here - Brylin.

Parise-Zajac-Gionta

Elias-Zubrus-Clarkson

Pandolfo-Madden-Langenbrunner

Or -

Elias-Parise-Gionta

Zubrus-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Pandolfo-Madden-Clarkson

I know people are going to hate splitting up Zubrus from Madden and Pandolfo but their performance is simply not sustainable.

PP1:

Parise-Zajac-Gionta

Elias-Rachunek

PP2:

Brylin-Zubrus-Clarkson

Greene-Martin

I'm hoping Langenbrunner's return means an end to Pando and Madden on the power play too.

sundstrom:

I like your lines better, but I think Langenbrunner won't be expected to play 17 minutes a game right away - I'm not sure if he's given the point on the power play immediately on his return. I also think Sutter has soured on Zubrus as a center, although I think that's where he's got to play. The Devils can still ice three fairly balanced lines if Pandolfo and Madden even keep up a modicum of this production - and I think both can score 15 goals under Sutter.

I would think once Langs comes back White won't be activated for at least a couple of games. Once White returns we'll probably go with 7 dmen until White shows he can handle the minutes; as Jamie has to do the same thing (prove he can play a couple of games without hurting himself again) there is no way these two can be in the lineup for awhile. Would be good to get them back, right now the more veterans winners on the ice the better for us.

Edited by SC Devs Fan

I pretty much agree with Sundstrom's lines as well. I'd consider switching around Clarkson and Gionta on the PP, but it's not a huge deal.

both clarkson and gionta add the ability for garbage goals in front of the net on the PP but gionta can do more outside of 5 feet from the goalie. clarkson - not so much. I feel like clarkson would work better with zubrus and elias as more of a line that works on the wall and drives to the net.

as for the breakout, elias or martin leads it on PP 2 and clarkson can keep up with that. on PP1 when it's only parise (without gionta) has the wheels to do it. that's why i'd want gionta up there.