Chico Comment from Last Night

drivingrain27

Last night, Chico said something to the effect of "This is why I think the Devils should never pull Brodeur. No matter what happens in the first period, they need him for these big saves later on in the game. If they are going to have any chance of coming back, they need him in there in the 2nd and 3rd period and that's just what we've seen tonight."

Of course, this is counter what he said during the Dallas game after Brodeur let in his 2nd stinker, where he said something to the effect of: "Doc, they gotta get Marty out of there. They gotta pull him. Get Weekes in there now and give him a few minutes this period to get warm. It's clear that Brodeur doesn't have it tonight and Sutter's gotta pull him now."

Thoughts? Did his opinion change drastically after only 3 games?

Ain't it amazing what a few nitrates can do to a guys noggin? :blink:

Taking pucks to the head probably didn't help matters, either.

On top of that, the guy looks like Gomez Addams (Addams Family).

If that doesn't make people weary, I don't know what will...

Man, don't get on Chico for loving the munchies. I saw the sheer joy on his face last night as he was getting the nachos and I was like, "That's my HERO right there!"

EDIT: As for the original comment, I'd say at least half the people here flip-flop like that just as often.

Edited by RowdyFan42

Man, don't get on Chico for loving the munchies. I saw the sheer joy on his face last night as he was getting the nachos and I was like, "That's my HERO right there!"

EDIT: As for the original comment, I'd say at least half the people here flip-flop like that just as often.

No rippin' on Chico here, the food segments are brilliant. I used to never bother taping the games I went to (that DVR thing confuses me...sigh...) but now I make sure someone gets each one, mostly because of that segment. I love it. I wonder if Chico reads our "Food at The Rock" topic in Heaven for ideas...or vice versa...hmmmmm...

On top of that, the guy looks like Gomez Addams (Addams Family).

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Slightly OT but in the lookalikes category:

Anyone else remember the movie ShortCircuit, Steve Guttenberg looks a lot like:

ShortCircuit17.jpeg

1389.jpg?

Mabey this is an old comparison , but when i watched it the other day i was amazed.

On a side note, did anyone else hear Chico comment on Chara being 6'9" and using his 4" stick to keep a puck in play at the blueline?

I laughed out loud at that one. Nitrates my foot. They're rolling the funny stuff in those cigars out there on the concourse.

- Jeff

I've heard so much about the nacho reaction that I'd love to see if anyone has a screen cap of it. I would guess not but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Apparently the nacho reaction is a hit. When I was flipping through the channels after the game, the Channel 11 news was doing their sports, and one of the highlights from the Devils game was Chico getting his nachos. I wish I had screen shot, because if you could define joy in a picture, that was it.

I think it's a special moment when the game highlights include your color commentator receiving food.

Someone will find that shot soon enough.

I love chico's food segments.

Easily the most engaging part of the Devils broadcast team every night!

Apparently the nacho reaction is a hit. When I was flipping through the channels after the game, the Channel 11 news was doing their sports, and one of the highlights from the Devils game was Chico getting his nachos.

That is great. A legend in his own time.