Melrose to Visit The Rock

Devilsdude530

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2007/12...se-to-visi.html

Guess who's coming to Newark? Yup, ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose is going to attend the Devils' game Friday night against Washington. From what I've been told, he's going to get the royal treatment from Devils principal owner Jeff Vanderbeek and Newark Mayor Cory Booker with a tour of the building and the city's improving areas. Maybe Booker will give him the key to the city.

I also think they shouldn't give this guy the time of day. It's not like he's a person people take seriously. I couldn't even tell you when he's on TV any more to reach an audience. I think Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) reaches more people than Melrose these days, and he's about as reputable.

Why should he get the red carpet? You throw an uncalled for insult and you should pay a price. The Devil's should snub him, not reward him... but they are greedy for publicity so the will kiss his a-s.

aren't the devils the team that get's accused of being allergic to publicity? i have no problem with this and i hope something is mentioned about it on espn. regardless of how dumb it was for him to say what he did, i always liked melrose and having him there on stevens night wouldn't be such a bad thing for hockey and the devils and newark.

They are trying to turn around the perception of Newark. Taking a "screw you" attitude towards him would be dumb. They are trying to convince many people who have Barry's perception of Newark that they are wrong so why not convince him in a very public forum. Its all basic public relations which i think many people on this board would be terrible at.

Why should he get the red carpet? You throw an uncalled for insult and you should pay a price. The Devil's should snub him, not reward him... but they are greedy for publicity so the will kiss his a-s.

Nah, it's called class. It's the Devils' hallmark, don't you know . . .

- Jeff