Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

I'll give you credit, that's pretty fvckin random.

Though I'll see your "Private Eyes" and raise you some Kanye West

Can I talk my sh!t again?

Even if I don't hit again

Dog are you fvcking kidding?

My hat, my shoes, my coat, Louis Vuitton stitch, with Donatello Vasaci,

That's Louis Vuitton bitch

I think hennassy, I drank I'm gone on that Bacardi Lemon, I'm zoning

Jay Pritzker Pavilion is a bandshell in Millennium Park in the Loop community area of Chicago in Cook County, Illinois, United States. It is located on the south side of Randolph Street and east of the Chicago Landmark Historic Michigan Boulevard District. The pavilion was named after Jay Pritzker of the Pritzker family, known for owning Hyatt Hotels. The building was designed by architect Frank Gehry, who accepted the design commission in April 1999; the pavilion was constructed between June 1999 and July 2004, opening officially on July 16, 2004. Pritzker Pavilion serves as the centerpiece for Millennium Park and is the new home of the Grant Park Symphony Orchestra and Chorus and the Grant Park Music Festival, the nation's only remaining free outdoor classical music series. It also hosts a wide range of music series and annual performing arts events. Performers ranging from mainstream rock bands to classical musicians and opera singers have appeared at the pavilion, which even hosts physical fitness activities such as yoga.

The one thing about Chicago I like - the design of that pavilion.

And the bean.

yeah, uh, crown fountain i think it's called? or, uh, spitting faces. did you go in the spring or summertime? they're kind of boring otherwise, but if you go when the weather is still warm they spit water at each other and the little kids play in the center part. it's pretty neat.

yeah, uh, crown fountain i think it's called? or, uh, spitting faces. did you go in the spring or summertime? they're kind of boring otherwise, but if you go when the weather is still warm they spit water at each other and the little kids play in the center part. it's pretty neat.

I went in early October and mid-March (right before St. Patrick's Day). I remember the fountain thing in between but I don't think it was warm enough for the water to actually be flowing either time. I just remember not noticing it while actually in the park, until I was in the building for whatever function it was we had to do, and looking down and seeing it and being a little creeped out. :lol:

The one thing about Chicago I like - the design of that pavilion.

And the bean.

Don't forget Ferris!

• 2 weeks later...

So I went to the Camden water treatment facility today for a field trip for my environmental science class. That place smelled like sh!t. I figured it was because, you know, everybody's crap goes there. Then, I looked across the Delaware and saw the real source of the odor: Philthadelphia.

I had to go to one of those water treatment plants for a class trip in college. Nothing like walking around giant pools and vats full of sh!t in various stages of filtering. Ugh. Possibly the worst class trip ever.

Best class trip ever? In eighth grade we went to the Bronx Zoo ... during mating season. I don't think the teachers realized what time of year they scheduled it for when they made the plans. Every damned animal in that zoo was doing the horizontal polka that day. The bears. The lions. The naked mole rats. Everything. And my English teacher had the nerve to deduct points from my "What I Learned At The Zoo" paper because it was all about the animals gettin their freak on.

I had to go to one of those water treatment plants for a class trip in college. Nothing like walking around giant pools and vats full of sh!t in various stages of filtering. Ugh. Possibly the worst class trip ever.

Best class trip ever? In eighth grade we went to the Bronx Zoo ... during mating season. I don't think the teachers realized what time of year they scheduled it for when they made the plans. Every damned animal in that zoo was doing the horizontal polka that day. The bears. The lions. The naked mole rats. Everything. And my English teacher had the nerve to deduct points from my "What I Learned At The Zoo" paper because it was all about the animals gettin their freak on.

Yeah, this was definetly the worst trip ever. I'd have to say the best was physics day at Six Flags last year. Go on Nitro, record some bullsh!t numbers down, and then go on all the rides I want with my friends. Did I mention there was almost nobody in the park? Fvcking awesome. Almost made it worth going though physics with the worst teacher I've ever had last year. Almost.

i had to do a treatment plant trip in college too. actually...i was supposed to go, but i didn't show up. didn't exactly sound like my cup of tea.

my best field trip was going to rahway prison my senior year of high school. our school had gone for years but cut the trip after kids were getting harassed by prisoners. they decided to let students go to the county jail instead which apparently was such a crappy trip that the school gave rahway another shot. i'm not sure if they still go, but it was an awesome experience.

right after we all got searched, we went into a conference room where the guards were showing us shanks and stuff and then the power went out in the room. i think we all collectively sh!t our pants lol. low and behold, they were testing the backup generators that day and no one decided to tell us. oops.

That kinda sounds like that Scared Straight show that used to be on MTV.

Anyway ... random thought ... my hands smell like onions. I chopped some for dinner last night and it takes a couple days for the smell to come off your hands. So now, at work, when I rest my head on my hand (which happens way too often) all I smell is onion.

scared straight was originally filmed at rahway, no? i think i remember hearing that a few times.

when we went, we got to tour a few cells and then sat in a room with convicted murderers and asked them each one question. we were told EVERYTHING was fair game -- drugs, sex, etc. of course, we all chickened out and no one asked anything provocative. i think i ended up asking about prison food lol. the guy was like "what do YOU THINK? of course it tastes like sh!t. it's like eating cardboard every day!" ...he wasn't THAT mean about it though haha.

Edited by RD

Yeah, this was definetly the worst trip ever. I'd have to say the best was physics day at Six Flags last year. Go on Nitro, record some bullsh!t numbers down, and then go on all the rides I want with my friends. Did I mention there was almost nobody in the park? Fvcking awesome. Almost made it worth going though physics with the worst teacher I've ever had last year. Almost.

Physics Day was always the awesome, although it always degenerated into a bus full of kids spending the whole day having fun and then scrambling to copy the aforementioned numbers from the 3 kids who actually did the work before getting back to school.

Oh, and for my random of the day...

I.......hate........Winnepeeeeeg....

Here's a possibly awkward moment: one of my buddies is going to visit the University of Pittsburgh (I guess tomorrow is accepted students day or something). His ex-girlfriend's Facebook status says she's also going. He doesn't know, because when he broke up with her, she was extremely distraught, and she defriended (unfriended?) him on Facebook...if they see each other at Pitt...awkward sauce. Am I a bad friend for imagining this scenario and laughing a bit?

Here's a possibly awkward moment: one of my buddies is going to visit the University of Pittsburgh (I guess tomorrow is accepted students day or something). His ex-girlfriend's Facebook status says she's also going. He doesn't know, because when he broke up with her, she was extremely distraught, and she defriended (unfriended?) him on Facebook...if they see each other at Pitt...awkward sauce. Am I a bad friend for imagining this scenario and laughing a bit?

NOPE, I'd laugh about it too. :D

Any word on how thickly the awkward sauce was poured on?

Pretty thick...from what I've heard, he turned around (unaware of who was behind him, mind you) and they made eye contact. He turned around and bolted when it was over :lol:

And what's even better, they both love Pitt, so there is a very real chance that the two of them wind up at the same college :lol:

Edited by RSC

Big friggin deal. Dude needs to get over it and be cool bumping into exes. He bolted?? wholey cow! Way to give her the W on that one!!

I've been to several events with several exes at each. even a few when I was there with a current girl.

Dude needs to keep his cool and not run away from her. sheesh!!

Big friggin deal. Dude needs to get over it and be cool bumping into exes. He bolted?? wholey cow! Way to give her the W on that one!!

I've been to several events with several exes at each. even a few when I was there with a current girl.

Dude needs to keep his cool and not run away from her. sheesh!!

My ex has season tickets and we spot her a lot around the arena. Any time she sees us she stares at us for a looooong time it's so creepy. I broke up with her four years ago. What gives?