Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

Cable finally got around to turning off our full service - after over a year!

I am so glad to not have nickelodeon or Disney channel - hurray for Arthur and Martha Speaks! and THE LIBRARY!! Tonight my daughter announced she was getting a book about diapers... she had nothing in mind yet sure enough she found one about how pirate don't change diapers. I said wow you found one - why a book about diapers?... she said "I dont know - :noclue: diapers are funny."

Has anyone here ever had to get a suit reweaved to repair moth damage? Just found some holes on a suit of mine and I'm trying to figure out how much it'll run to get it fixed.

Moth eaten suit... how cute is that? ^_^

I have never known anyone to get a reweave but I LOVE how cheap...err admirably frugal that is! I put pleather patches on sweater elbows though! and I darn socks... who even HAS a darning egg these days much less darns?

OK back t playing packman on Google :giggle: I do NOT rule... I never even played back in the day.. I am so NOT cool.

okay i can't stop loling at the chick from paramore. she has to be in the running for idiot of the year award. i can't believe she accidentally posted a topless picture of herself and then claimed her twitter got hacked. uh...yeah. dude, there's no saving yourself there.

I have a cuckoo bird in my back yard!

How cool is that? Heard him singing thought WTH? Weird blue jay on acid? Cardinal gone nutty? I had to get a look at him!! Then I saw it and thought... giant wren with weird Mocking bird tail? Then somehow I found online that it was a black billed cuckoo! How cute is that? I love my yard :wub: I guess they're common enough.

okay i can't stop loling at the chick from paramore. she has to be in the running for idiot of the year award. i can't believe she accidentally posted a topless picture of herself and then claimed her twitter got hacked. uh...yeah. dude, there's no saving yourself there.

I'll check AH for your visual evidence in this matter. I dig Hayley, even if her red kryptonite is synthetic. smilydev.gif

I have a cuckoo bird in my back yard!

Never knew what that was til I just looked on Al Gores' Innerweb. I've seen those too. Wicked cool eye on that bird!

I thought it was funny. She didn't have quite the same reaction.

I hate to say it -- but big plus in my book for your reaction. I DO like a guy with an opinion and a guy sensitive enough to confess he likes some flowers and hates others...BUT I also like a guy who admits he really doesn't want all the pressure, you know? You're biggest concern was HER and that's pretty awesome :evil:

:clap: well played indeed!

Oh and Masked -- I didn't get to see his eyes!! I might have gotten freaked out by it if I had -- he was in some branches above me.

Our bird murderer is back -- I have an adult cat bird dead in my yard -- he's got pokes on his chest but no one ate him... we have a sparrow hawk around - but I think he's just the one who eats the heads and guts of our white throated sparrows -- that's pretty gruesome find. ICK. But our Blue Jays and Cat birds fight MASSIVELY and this was right in their war territory. But I don't think I've ever heard of a blue jay killing an adult bird.... I can't imagine a cat bird going down either.... it's their nesting time right now... sucks... I don't EVEN want to pick it up. So... I'm going to go look this kind of grossness up on the internet and see what I find.

Edited by Pepperkorn

... But I don't think I've ever heard of a blue jay killing an adult bird.... I can't imagine a cat bird going down either....

Bluejays are badass, mean birds thuogh. You don't think a BJ would take down a catbird? Aren't they like twice the size? One good strike, (I would think), would be enuf to kill a catbird?

Unless it was The Cougar Catbird, then I think the Jay woulda lost.

cougarcatbird.jpg

NOw that it's sufficiently decayed -- just feathers left -- I see it was a baby blue jay -- could have been one of the foxes, our cat birds even... but I doubt that because he was a baby... it may have even been our dogs - but they never went back tot the scene f the crime with relish -- yes pickle -- to finish off the job and they ALWAYS go back be it hours, days or weeks. Hmeeh I guess it makes for a good bid dog. ANYHOW - I dont think it was them -- it was probably the fox or the sparrow hawk - or kestrel of whatever s/he is! and the ruffians chased the assassin off. The ruffians were hatched year before last -- five of the dorks and they haven't left -- so we are WAY populated with jays -- I think they got our other house wrens because their house fell down and the dopes still built there nest there..

OK I'm rambling and my daughter is driving me banan*(&^%*_%^*(_%6 HUSH UP!! YOU NEED WATER BECAUSE I SAID AND YOU WONT DRINK PLAIN OLD MILK YOU"LL TURN IN CHOCOLATE!!!! I KNOW YOU!!!!!! NO JUICE BOX YOU HAD ONE ALREADY! HAhahaha! She's reading this now -- how cute, when she noticed I was writing to her! HAHAHAHHA!

(Bex:) if I want panold millck I get planold millck

ok but I think we 're leaving now...for Sarah's. yes TO GO to Sarah's OK ? you're funny too

(Bex:) thank's and sarey for cureding you

she's off to get her plain old milk now...and she's GOT to tell Mrs B about this because they are just learning about letters!!'

• 2 weeks later...

I finally had a legit Philly cheesesteak today for the first time in my life.

I fvcking loved it. I kind of hate myself a little for it. Stupid Philly. Blow up the city, save the cheesesteaks.

The only solace that I take is that I didn't actually have to go to Philly to get it, they bought it to the Meadowlands.

The funny thing about cheesesteaks is that the best ones I've ever had never came from Philly. Pat's and Geno's are good, but I can get better ones in Pt. Pleasant.

Evidently, Pat's and Gino's are highly overrated when it comes to their cheesesteak quality, especially if you talk to someone who's not from South Philly. According to a friend of mine who grew up in Fishtown, cheese wiz on a cheesesteak is downright blasphemous. I'm heading to Philly this weekend for snots and giggles, so I'll have to find out from my friend who grew up there where the good places are and report on them. I've actually had a Gino's cheesesteak and I agree wtih DiG, nothing to write home about.

Also, before anybody comments, I'm going to Philly because I've never spent a decent amount of time there. Growing up in the NY Metro area, you get inundated with anti-Philly sentiment and I just want to see for myself what all the ire is about. My thinking is that most of the a-holes normally associated with Philly come from South Philly, but we shall see! wish me luck!

As long as you stay away from anything sports-related, Philly is a pretty cool town. If you're into history, it's about as great a city as you can find in this country aside from maybe Boston. The art museum is pretty awesome, and not just for posing as Rocky on top of the steps either. Old City was made for barhopping and South Street is fun too.

The funny thing about cheesesteaks is that the best ones I've ever had never came from Philly. Pat's and Geno's are good, but I can get better ones in Pt. Pleasant.

Pat's in Pt. Pleasant, perhaps?