Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

post-909-128071770489.gif

Now drinking Doc Morgans. Nose is happy, tongue is happy, belly is happy, liver is a little put out. dontknow.gif

OK -- so... first the new dog got laid. NOW -- we came home last night... he had cracked open a Dale's Ale and drank it. His side clearly got sprayed a little but that can was empty and there was just the smallest dot of beer under the can.

I feel like Darwin passed on his unfinished bucket list to Corey!

:cheers:

I've been filling out paperwork to get the ball rolling on the hiring process for this federal internship. The security/background check requires that I list 16 references. 16! I barely even know 16 people.

Of course, it isn't like they generically said "List 16 references." It was "Going back seven years, list every place you've lived (I've lived at five) and put a reference for each one. List every school you've gone to (one) and put a reference for each one. List every job you've had (four) and put a reference for each one. List each of your immediate family members (three). And list three more references just for good measure."

"Comprehensive" isn't even comprehensive enough of a word to describe it. Oh, and I'm getting fingerprinted on Thursday. Yay!

I've been filling out paperwork to get the ball rolling on the hiring process for this federal internship. The security/background check requires that I list 16 references. 16! I barely even know 16 people.

Of course, it isn't like they generically said "List 16 references." It was "Going back seven years, list every place you've lived (I've lived at five) and put a reference for each one. List every school you've gone to (one) and put a reference for each one. List every job you've had (four) and put a reference for each one. List each of your immediate family members (three). And list three more references just for good measure."

"Comprehensive" isn't even comprehensive enough of a word to describe it. Oh, and I'm getting fingerprinted on Thursday. Yay!

well that just sounds like a grand old time. If someone asked me for 16, I'd have to go to homeless guys who I gave change to it'd be so bad

Yep. Went through that when I worked for the IRS. They, the FBI will likely send a questionnaire to everyone you list. Might freak some out getting mail from the FBI. The entire process can take a year but they give temporary approval so you can start working.

..., the FBI will likely send a questionnaire to everyone you list. Might freak some out getting mail from the FBI. ...

dry.gif

Hmm, I never got my sammyk FBI questionnaire!? unsure.gif

Yep. Went through that when I worked for the IRS. They, the FBI will likely send a questionnaire to everyone you list. Might freak some out getting mail from the FBI. The entire process can take a year but they give temporary approval so you can start working.

Wow, questionaires through the mail? Must be a federal thing. I was a part of a friend's background check when he applied for the state police. All I got for that was a five-minute phone call.

Wow, questionaires through the mail? Must be a federal thing. I was a part of a friend's background check when he applied for the state police. All I got for that was a five-minute phone call.

Yep. Dunno what branch you're applying at but mine was for Treasury clearance.

Does anyone here have any experience with finding roommates online? It looks like that might be my best bet for year one in Maryland. I've been scouring CraigsList and Roommates.com and both seem to have some pretty decent options, provided the people aren't serial killers or Rangers fans. Are there any good resources out there that I'm missing?

Never used online did use newspaper - NYT and Village Voice. Honestly - it was a nightmare and I did the whole interview thing too. She was fine and we were good friends for the first 4 months --- then she got a boyfriend and lost her job and -- we just irritated the sh!t out of one and other. I guess word of mouth hasn't done anything for you then huh?

Where in MD? I have relatives in Potomac, they might be renting? They have a house they were supposedly selling when they moved to Belamy beach or something like that in DE-- I always want to call it Belmar I was there even but I forget what it's called - but I think they just have both houses now :noclue: my parents are going down to Delware next week - but I still send Christmas cards to their other house -- so I really have no idea. But My cousin is a busy body so she might know of someone who needs a roommate in DC or something. But she's traumatic busy body then gets all dense -- yeah -- wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her even so forget that....- I have relatives in Vienna VA They are AMAZING and so down to earth -- but they're Red wings fans sooo... I wonder if they'd know anyone in need of a roommate... man we're all so OLD now!! Everyone is married and all our friends are married and their friends are married... so traumatic -- why did I even reply when I think about it...

Soooo HAPPY FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH...

Lou won't announce squat today naughty.gif

He probably didn't get out of bed today, or he did and he is just living in Saturday the 14th. giggle.gif

Are there any good resources out there that I'm missing?

Bars

Thanks PK, but Potomac is too far Southwest for me. I'll be further Northeast, just a half hour or so into Maryland from Delaware.

Towson-ish? I know a couple chicks there. C's and D's.

sammy'd rant2.gif