TFP Top 25 Available at the Deadline

Devilsdude530

Chico mentioned to me tonight (I'm sounding like Chico myself when I say that) that you REALLY need a d-man to jump in the play, get between the circles on the power play in today's NHL. Blake loves to pinch in on the power play, so for the right price, I think he might not be a bad move.

Foote's about the last thing we need right now. Blake would certainly help offensively but I'd prefer someone younger. If one thing is glaringly obvious is that our defense is among the slowest in the league. White and Visnevski looked like pylons at times tonight and Mottau's slow as molasses too.

I think Boyle could be had for a song since he's a UFA (I think) and Tampa's not too thrilled with some of the circumstances of his wrist injury but I'm not sure when he'll actually be ready to come back.

Edited by Hasan4978

The thing is...

I can't really see Lou pulling the trigger on any of these older guys...for...what...a cup run this year?

If there's anything that seems to tip Lou's hand (and there's never really much) its that this team is being assmbled as the "next generation" of Devils, young kids for a young building. Perhaphs Lou's even trying to set this thing up so he can finally relax a bit once Sutter gets more comfortable.

Regardless...

I don't see him going for any of these guys who will be out of the door soon or play declining (I mean this was the Rafalski arguement right - too much $$$ as his play decilnes). I see him more taking a chance on developing a smaller star that is attracting less buyers...or maybe he'll go really deep on one of the top young guys.

If he is indeed fed up with BUF, Brian Campbell seems like a better solution than any of these vets... :pray:

Edited by DevilinLA

No to adam Foote , 1 goal all season hardly any assists, aging, and pretty much no point bringing him here let the rangers have him, they have been scouting the Blue jackets for months , and they are clearly willing to give up tallent to get an old D man.

No to Blake , he is to, expensive, although he is producing points (21 in points production in Dmen in the NHL).

Liles only has 2 goals and both have come on the power play, i dont know how much time he gets on the power play so his stats could be deceptive, i would be open to making a trade for Liles, he is only 27, and only making $1.4 mill per year, and lets be honnest can he be any worse than Oduya?

I still like the idea of Brad Stuart, he has 4 goals and he is solid in his own end.

I don't get all these threads I see about Lou setting it up for a few years down the road, first of all that's not Lou - he tries to win every year. Second of all Marty's 35, you almost can't afford to set anything up for down the road unless you know you have a replacement for HIM somewhere in the system and we don't have that.

I don't get all these threads I see about Lou setting it up for a few years down the road, first of all that's not Lou - he tries to win every year. Second of all Marty's 35, you almost can't afford to set anything up for down the road unless you know you have a replacement for HIM somewhere in the system and we don't have that.

It's not here this year, and you can't try to win every year in the salary cap era without getting a very generous dose of luck.

By trading a piece this year, he's not here next year to be traded. Furthermore, Clarkson, Zajac, Parise, and Greene's improvement should offset any decline by Brodeur from this season to next.

On the flip side Lou might be looking at it as there are 2 teams with really strong chances and then everone else who makes the playoffs is at about the same level. So even if he can just bump the teams chances a little bit it might be worth a small piece of the future since the playoffs are looking to be even more of a crap shoot than normal this year. I do not think Lou will trade any big future pieces for this season though as I don't think he can improve the team enough with any move to make that worthwhile.

How could anyone want any of these stiffs. Foote is not the Adam Foote of old, Blake (another small guy) we have to many small guys. Liles?? (mottau/liles=same thing) Lou is interested in all three.

The thing is...

I can't really see Lou pulling the trigger on any of these older guys...for...what...a cup run this year?

If there's anything that seems to tip Lou's hand (and there's never really much) its that this team is being assmbled as the "next generation" of Devils, young kids for a young building. Perhaphs Lou's even trying to set this thing up so he can finally relax a bit once Sutter gets more comfortable.

Regardless...

I don't see him going for any of these guys who will be out of the door soon or play declining (I mean this was the Rafalski arguement right - too much $$$ as his play decilnes). I see him more taking a chance on developing a smaller star that is attracting less buyers...or maybe he'll go really deep on one of the top young guys.

If he is indeed fed up with BUF, Brian Campbell seems like a better solution than any of these vets... :pray: