Rangers Suck Chants

Cracker5

th_RangerSuckLogo.gif

I know, I know...Devils fans have mixed feelings about the Rangers Suck (Flyers/Gomez swallow) chants. However, is it just me, or does it seem like there hasn't been nearly as many chants as there were at CAA? That certainly isn't a bad thing, imo, because it seemed last year every minute there was someone trying to start one. It was really overused and was starting to get old. Is that the reason I'm not hearing as many?

I definitely chime into a few Rangers Suck chants per game because of Devils tradition, but to be honest, as hom0 as it might sound, I like the Chicken Dance-Rangers Suck chants a helluva lot better.

The best though is when 4 rows of Habs fans sit behind you screaming "GO HABS GO! GO HABS GO!" and you scream "GO BACK HOME! GO BACK HOME!" and tell them to SIT DOWN, SHUT UP, leave my country, etc. when the Devils win 4-0 with a Marty shutout and a Z-Par Hat Trick. How could I forget? Habs fans: OLAY, OLAY, OLAY, OLAY...! Devils fans: YOU'RE GAY, YOU'RE GAY, YOU'RE GAY, YOU'RE GAY!... Hell yeah, I was definitely participating in that one!

Your thoughts...

--Cracker

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's definately fewer lately but with good reason - even though they're currently in last place in the division, we can't friggin beat them. Until we do, I don't think there is any reason for the chant.

I do have to agree with you on the chicken dance "the-ran-gers-suck" one though. That's always fun. The regular Rangers Suck chant just gets done to death and makes no sense when we're losing or, y'know, can't beat them.

Edited by thelastonealive

Worst chant in sports. It's annoying as hell, it's lost all of its charm/cliche. It needs to stop. If we win the cup, the team's success will speak for itself. 4 Cups in 13 years = rangers lifetime. No need to do a stupid whistle and annoy everyone every 10 seconds.

Wouldn't it be 4 Cups in 26 years = Ranger Lifetime. Just to be fair.

IMO, the Rangers suck chant should be done once per game, with every fan in on it. Anything more than that kills the cool chant. I am sick of every jerk that can sort of whistle trying to start it (sometimes one after another).

I'm not ragging on you or anything, but I have no issue with out-of-division/town fans. I think they should be treated respectfully. I'll boo at them, if they get their chant started.

Everybody roots for their team. I guess I mellowed a lot since I now bring my 9 yr. old to games.

Yeah I was right in that bunch of Habs fans. Definitely helped you out with the "GO HOME HABS" chant along with others. The fact that they didn't score a goal was the only reason they seemed sort of deflated at the end, otherwise I think they'd have been louder than us.

You know, I was a big fan of the Ranger Suck chats for a long time...that was until I realized how obnoxious and out of place they are. Our vocal chords should be used for cheering the Devs, not mentioning the team across the river. The only time it's appropriate is, obviously, when we play the Rangers.

BTW, the Kill chant isn't bad at all...I rather enjoy the Gladiator-esqe feel of it.

You know, I was a big fan of the Ranger Suck chats for a long time...that was until I realized how obnoxious and out of place they are. Our vocal chords should be used for cheering the Devs, not mentioning the team across the river. The only time it's appropriate is, obviously, when we play the Rangers.

BTW, the Kill chant isn't bad at all...I rather enjoy the Gladiator-esqe feel of it.

The Kill chant might be cool if everyone did it, I think. But I doubt that ever happens so it just sounds awkward and drunk from one corner of the arena.

the KILL KILL KILL (as long as you follow protocol and only do it when the puck is in our defensive zone!)

is a fun unique and one of the more creative chants I've heard in a long time and it would freak me out if I was on the other team to have 15,000 plus yelling KILL at me :P

Anytime there are actually enough people to get a good chant going at a Devils game is a good thing..:P (i had to say something regarding the attendance..) NO but seriously, who cares..i think if people were to just sit there and not make a sound it would defeat the purpose of going out to games.

I think hockey games are for entertainment and I think you should do what you enjoy while your there. If you want to participate in the chants then do it. If you don't then don't. I mean in the grand scheme of things does it really matter if there isn't a (insert your chant of choice)? Does it really matter if there is? Just go to the game and enjoy yourself. :whistling:

No offense to anyone here, but the fact that so many people are outspoken against specific chants is one of the reasons why we have one of the quietest arenas in the NHL. If you don't wanna yell, stay home and watch on TV.

As long as there's no profanity, I see no problem with any chant.

I don't mind it considering the most embarrassing day to be a Devils fan for me was when the Sens won the series last year and after the final buzzer, people behind me were yelling "Heatley you f*cking murderer!!!!" and "USA, USA, USA" I took my thirteen year old sister to that game and boy was I in a rush to get out of there after that started.

I don't mind it considering the most embarrassing day to be a Devils fan for me was when the Sens won the series last year and after the final buzzer, people behind me were yelling "Heatley you f*cking murderer!!!!" and "USA, USA, USA" I took my thirteen year old sister to that game and boy was I in a rush to get out of there after that started.
Edited by skeeter

I think most chants are childish and pedantic ..... and I cant wait to yell everyone one of them at my next game.

.. and news flash the rags do suck immensely a need to be reminded as often as possible, hence there's a rangers suck chant in most arenas

salute this boys !

Edited by El Diablo

I'm going to go to the Moose game tomorrow and start screaming " Rangers Suck!" while I'm at it I'll throw in a "bring back the Jets" for good measure...