• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zubrus-Elias-Clarkson

Langs-Zajac-Parise

Pelley-Madden-Gionta

Jannssen-Rupp-Brylin

for the forwards. Until Gionta shows he can help sustain offensive zone pressure again he shouldn't be rewarded with time on an offensive line, especially when he can be really effective in a defensive role so he'll still be helping the team. He'd still get PP time though.

Ok watching this Devils team @ the Rock tonight I saw no fire and no fight in them what so ever. This team has become a shell of itself right now and no one is stepping up here. Rupp had an amazing game but this will be probably it for him for the rest of the season. This Devils team still looked like they were on the AS break still in Vegas! They have to play a 60 minute game here! Not 20, not 40, but 60 minutes! It is very frustrating here to watch this and they keep losing @ home! They have a boatload of games @ home here in February and if they don't right the ship right now it will continue to sink in the division and in the playoff standings.

Here we go again that the Devils need to make a trade is all I have been hearing @ the Rock and again for a VETERAN DEFENSEMAN AND AN ELITE PLAYER THAT CAN SCORE GOALS! You know and Iknow that lou will never do this kind of trade that the Devils have been needing for years now. This is one of the reasons the Devils cannot get past the second round of the playoffs the last two plus seasons. Very frustrating watching your team just blow points in the division and in the season on games they normally win. The Devils do need to make a trade and make a trade now. If the Devils lose Friday night to the NYR for the 6th time, Lou needs to clean house.

I can think of some useless players right now that could be traded. No joke here as they have done NOTHING!

1-Oduya (sucks the high heavens)

2-Rachunek

3-Asham

4-Brylin (yes his time has finally come guys)

5-Gionta (totally lost out on the ice and has not scored a goal in like forever)

6-Rupp

7-Zubris (one year wonder w/the Sabres and not doing anything here in NJ)

All seven of these players can be traded and won't miss any of them! Then again maybe 3 or 4 players on this list might be worth something on another team who knows. They sure are not making it here on the Devils.

Devils need a change here and it has to come soon before it really gets worse. I hope I am wrong but this team is just lifeless on the ice the last several games @ home. :saddevil:

Well Zubrus hasn't been great, but he's done a lot of good things too. Gionta, Asham, Rupp, Rachunek I definitely agree with. Zubrus, Oduya and Brylin still have a place on this team, I think so anyway. Oduya is a third pairing guy...I don't understand his pairing with Martin. he can't play those kind of minutes. I'd rather see White-Martin, Greene-Mottau, Vishnevski/Oduya/Brookbank

Edited by HellOnICE

Well Zubrus hasn't been great, but he's done a lot of good things too. Gionta, Asham, Rupp, Rachunek I definitely agree with. Zubrus, Oduya and Brylin still have a place on this team, I think so anyway. Oduya is a third pairing guy...I don't understand his pairing with Martin. he can't play those kind of minutes. I'd rather see White-Martin, Greene-Mottau, Vishnevski/Oduya/Brookbank

I can think of some useless players right now that could be traded. No joke here as they have done NOTHING!

1-Oduya (sucks the high heavens)

2-Rachunek

3-Asham

4-Brylin (yes his time has finally come guys)

5-Gionta (totally lost out on the ice and has not scored a goal in like forever)

6-Rupp

7-Zubris (one year wonder w/the Sabres and not doing anything here in NJ)

All seven of these players can be traded and won't miss any of them! Then again maybe 3 or 4 players on this list might be worth something on another team who knows. They sure are not making it here on the Devils.

Edited by Hasan4978

I'd rather we dump Rupp just about anywhere and bring back Holik to anchor the fourthline...but that's just me usually.

You couldn't get diddly-poo for five of those players, what's the point of trading them? Zubrus gets a bit overrated here considering he's supposed to help the offense and really hasn't in tangible ways but hard to trade a guy signed for six years.

I'm not going to argue against trading Gionta since he's scapegoat of the week but you do it at your own peril. I'd still rather get another playmaking center first before I gave up on him. Can't give up on everyone that's underperforming or we wouldn't have a team left.

Zajac has 10 points in the last 10 games and is the only person really creating things on his line at the moment. He is basically carrying that line so I can't see how he is struggling when he is producing between 2 other players who aren't doing much right now.

Edited by Devils731

You couldn't get diddly-poo for five of those players, what's the point of trading them? Zubrus gets a bit overrated here considering he's supposed to help the offense and really hasn't in tangible ways but hard to trade a guy signed for six years.

I'm not going to argue against trading Gionta since he's scapegoat of the week but you do it at your own peril. I'd still rather get another playmaking center first before I gave up on him. Can't give up on everyone that's underperforming or we wouldn't have a team left.

I'm not saying do nothing I'm saying you can't trade those players per se. I could care less what the Devils do with Oduya and Rachunek, I'd rather not see either very much. Asham's been a big dissapointment, at this point I'd rather see Rupp and Janssen over him, at least they'll give effort. Brylin needs to be kept around at least until Pando comes back. I doubt he gets traded anyway but once Pando returns Brylin really doesn't have a tangible use other than professional fill-in.

I agree w/a lot being said here.

Except Mike Mottau...he was never brought up to be a #1 pairing, regardless of how much he is being played. Right now he is playing repsonsable, smart, exceeding expectations, and probably doing the best that he is capable of with his skill sets. HE is the LEAST of this team's problems.

I think both Rachunek and Oduya are making many more mistakes w/some of their lazy outlet passes and general desire to own the puck. If theres a finger of blame its pointing to Karel the most right now.

There are a number of spare parts on this team that have no forseeable trade value, but are also clearly not showing up for some reason:

1.)Arron Asham

2.)Rachunek

3.)Rod Pelley - sorry to say it, he's got the youth but other than playing defensively right now its kind of bare, and lets hope he blossoms.

Secondly many of our forwards are asleep as of late, but moreso have become really predictable offensively, and at time 0% creative w/their offense. Guilty as charged????????????:

1.)Gionta - everybodys seen that long shot from the wing for the top left corner that never finds the mark or even yeilds a rebound, try to mix it up a littlee....geez. I mean, I know he's the new whipping boy as of late but...its so predictable at this point, we all know its not going in.

2.)Parise - maybe we are starting to see why he didn't get an all-Star nod. Consistency?

3.)Clarkson - A definate pleasant surprise. I have seen him credited with the potential to possibly grow into an Arnott-type player. Give em credit for the spark, the battles, and the energy, but the wraparound every time is starting to kill me. At first it was a pleasant surprise...now its expected. I also think that most goalies know that he has difficulty burying a point-blank shot unless the goaltender is handcuffed to the floor.

Now what....??? :noclue:

Edited by DevilinLA

Parise is still a very young player. He had a very hot start, but it's somewhat predictable that he's falling back to earth.

He doesn't project to be a superstar or even a player of Elias's caliber in his prime.

Clarkson's been very good - he throws body checks, he skates reasonably well, and he's started to actually pass the puck unlike Gionta. Has cut down on the minor penalties a ton.

Is this team trying to give Lou a reason to trade half of them :noclue:

That is seriously the way things are going, most of this team are trying to place themselves on the block, and as Lou has shown in the past he wont hesitate when it comes to maybe picking up someone who will help.

People saying Zubrus hasn't done anything must be forgetting how poor our forecheck and work in the corners was last season. He battles in the corners and wins us the puck a hell of a lot. Admittedly he hasn't scored as much as he should but who has on this team.

Parise is Freezing cold right now, i hope Sutter calling him out has the right effect on him.

Gionta is pretty much the same as Parise, and when all your top scorers are cold then you cant expect to win games, especially when Oduya loses the plot again. Marty must be going insane.

Rupp must realise he could be on his way out the door, he has been our second best player latley (Zajac is doing really well) but that just tells of the problems on this team.

I think a lot of our problems lie with the fact we don't have a creative forward, who can set up goals.