GDT Penguins @ Devils 7pmEST

njdevil26

Zajac should win some faceoffs. That'd be like.... cool... and helpful

I don't have any evidence to back this up but I think, except for elite faceoff men, that most players don't do great on draws early in their careers. Winning draws has a lot to do with experience, IMO.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Home from the Rock and WOW what a third period! :boogie: Down 3-1 and this Devils team answered to Sutter's intermission speech! Nice deflection goal by Parise and the goal by Clarkson was great.

Devils back where they belong in first place with 30 wins. Keep the streak going boys in Buffalo where the Devils are 3-0 vs. the Sabres all from the shoot out wins.

The only thing Sutter has to do is get rid of Oduya and put Greene in the line up.

Gionta is MIA out there on the ice and looked really lost tonight out there.

Nice win Devils and really shut up the Penguins fans who were at the Rock tonight.

Big time win in front of the smallest crowd ever at the Rock.

Who the F cares about the "crowd"? Do you realize Ms. or Mr. Patty that 99% of us work very hard to afford to live here in NJ and pay the highest taxes to the most corrupt state govt. on the planet!

My point... we're tired when we come home from work in NYC and the long commutes in NJ and you simply don't get the fact that the seats in the lower sections have already been paid for! AGAIN>>> PAID FOR!

Many HUGE CORPS make their home in NJ and I can get tickets for most night's down low if I want BUT I HAVE A FAMILY and they come first when I get home at 6:45PM!

It doesn't mean we're not fans, it means that family comes first in NJ and our sports begin when our kids go to sleep and we can turn on the tv after a long day.

We go to the games when we can and support our team but to keep bringing up how many people show up is a joke! This is not about you Patty, as most Rag and Philly fans don't get the concept that NJ fans will always show up when they get the chance, but for many of us it is in this order: Family, work... then Go Devs!

Peace.

The only thing Sutter has to do is get rid of Oduya and put Greene in the line up.

Gionta is MIA out there on the ice and looked really lost tonight out there.

Nice win Devils and really shut up the Penguins fans who were at the Rock tonight.

Actually I thought it was one of Oduya's five best games of the season, he was involved offensively without any real defensive hiccups. If either of the back two were shaky it was Rachunek, but he wasn't hideous. Mottau had a bad game but he deserves more rope. I do wish Greene had gotten some of the same chances Oduya and Rachunek get, while his offensive production has been dissapointing I think he's been fine defensively.

Gionta does have to get going somehow, but the team showed fight tonight. Certainly one of the best wins of the year. I did think it was over at 3-1, with the way this team scored lately and how flatline the offense was for most of the first 45 minutes.

BTW LL1, I fully expected tonight to be the worst-attended game of the season. Tonight was the middle of five home games in nine days, and this one was on a weekday - six days after another home game against the Pens and oh yes there's another factor, there was going to be next to no walkup with all the hung over people from Super Bowl parties the previous night :P

Edited by Hasan4978

Actually I thought it was one of Oduya's five best games of the season, he was involved offensively without any real defensive hiccups. If either of the back two were shaky it was Rachunek, but he wasn't hideous. Mottau had a bad game but he deserves more rope. I do wish Greene had gotten some of the same chances Oduya and Rachunek get, while his offensive production has been dissapointing I think he's been fine defensively.

Gionta does have to get going somehow, but the team showed fight tonight. Certainly one of the best wins of the year. I did think it was over at 3-1, with the way this team scored lately and how flatline the offense was for most of the first 45 minutes.

BTW LL1, I fully expected tonight to be the worst-attended game of the season. Tonight was the middle of five home games in nine days, and this one was on a weekday - six days after another home game against the Pens and oh yes there's another factor, there was going to be next to no walkup with all the hung over people from Super Bowl parties the previous night :P

Oduya gave up that bad turnover that gave Pittsburgh a PPG. Just too many mistakes. Yes Oduya does have the good stats-(2G, 14A, 16Pts., +12) but it is so noticable when he makes bad decisions on the ice and it cost the Devils a goal tonight.

It was nice to see the Devils have some fight in them tonight and got the game tied up in the third and took it to them in overtime.

My point... we're tired when we come home from work in NYC and the long commutes in NJ and you simply don't get the fact that the seats in the lower sections have already been paid for! AGAIN>>> PAID FOR!

Word.

Another note, these 7:00 starts aren't really helping. I have to leave the office no later than 5:30 (and that's when my work day is technically over. Never mind if there is something that I need to stay late to get done) to make it to the arena in time for the start of the game. It's always my luck that I have to wait a bit for the subway or just miss a train to Newark.

Word.

Another note, these 7:00 starts aren't really helping. I have to leave the office no later than 5:30 (and that's when my work day is technically over. Never mind if there is something that I need to stay late to get done) to make it to the arena in time for the start of the game. It's always my luck that I have to wait a bit for the subway or just miss a train to Newark.

7:00PM starts were supposed to capitalize on Newark's corporate folks going to the games. Whoops.

That needs to go to 7:30, do 7PM on Saturday or Sunday.

As for the lower level seats, the $95's are far from spoken for. They keep the attendance down as badly as the $100's do.

Armstong's face after he got called for a penalty as well was hilarious. He was in total disbelief while realigning his jaw.

One thing that i didnt like was the run that Laraque took at Vish, he knows Vish wont fight him, but really stuck his knee out going after Vitaly's leg. Not cool and i was suprised it wasnt called, but then again the way the game was reffed again, it pretty much was going to take murder by a penguin to get a penalty called on them.

Edited by Sarge18

This was a great come-from-behind win...and a breath of fresh air...hopefully it will give these guys the confidence that both the Dallas and Boston rebound did.

So nice to finally light up the newly-annoited-almighty Conklin!

Having said that, more often then not, this ain't gonna be the result. With Sid in this game...it would have been toast.

Tonight, w/a fully healthy Devils team, you saw what is argueably the top potential output from this team at its current state. Again, Marty and some posts kept this game close.

The D looks super slow, and seems to be flailing about far too often. Only when they finally decided to contribute was the PIT defense forced once again to pay attention to the point, and then lose focus. Then the offense was able to generate some chances and look like forwards who can score w/o a huge name like Sundin or Forsberg to help.

Without some additional help on D, we are still very much in trouble. Everything from our speed defending dump-ins, responsability in front of Marty, and our transition game through the neutral zone is dependant upon it. Without it, making the playoffs is still very much in question, and anything more than a first round exit is pure puck-luck.

Time to find another diamond-in-the-rough Lou....or go deep for Campbell. :evil:

Edited by DevilinLA

sutter must have let them have it second intermission, nice to see the devils "wake up" and give 100% in the third.

i agree vish's head snappin' pop to armstrong's mug was nice considering all the sneaky elbows that kid throws when going for the big hits.

mottau's a pretty smart player, but his feather duster shot is starting to bother me...can lou bring in iafrate as a special assignment coach?

the loss to the rangers put me into exile, i can't stomach losing all those games to the local ny teams...what a joke!

oh yeah...i hate football, but that game was awesome, and i do have a soft spot for the giants growing up in jersey during the phil simms, mark bavaro era...congrats to all you giants fans!

Armstong's face after he got called for a penalty as well was hilarious. He was in total disbelief while realigning his jaw.

One thing that i didnt like was the run that Laraque took at Vish, he knows Vish wont fight him, but really stuck his knee out going after Vitaly's leg. Not cool and i was suprised it wasnt called, but then again the way the game was reffed again, it pretty much was going to take murder by a penguin to get a penalty called on them.

Oduya gave up that bad turnover that gave Pittsburgh a PPG. Just too many mistakes. Yes Oduya does have the good stats-(2G, 14A, 16Pts., +12) but it is so noticable when he makes bad decisions on the ice and it cost the Devils a goal tonight.
Edited by Hasan4978