GDT: 2/13/08 7PM Devils vs Ottawa

msweet

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for Gio but hopefully this gets him to start scoring again.. i still dont think it was a good game for him (still didnt look that great on his chances) but now that he has actually scored it might turn things around.. I really do believe hes gonna be packaged into a trade unless he starts to produce.. B/c right now Gio and maybe a d-man and a draft pick for big offensive pickup (sundin? maybe a lil more we would have to deal) doesn't sound too bad, maybe add in Clarkson and someone else.. i dunno but w/e thats going off topic..

All in all: good job Gio, but now you need to start scoring in regulation! hopefully this gets him started..

Edited by nmigliore

time is now to trade gionta.

seriously.

awesome goal, glad the team could pull this one out.

Elias with 2 more assists - he seriously looks better and better every game, miles away from the player he was in October and November.

Oduya almost had some slip-ups but he's playing better on the offensive end every game. Between he and Rachunek, the Devils almost have themselves a real offensive defenseman.

Gionta had a sh!t game all night. Sure he made a good pass to himself off the wall (one of the few he could handle) and then went to make his trademarked "shot from the right circle that never goes in, especially when nobody's crashing the net" and got SUPER lucky that his BLOCKED shot went right to a teammate, and managed to actually put one away that he hasn't been able to put away consistently all year, although it was pretty much the easiest stuff of the game.

Remember that angry penalty he took on the late PP after fvcking up twice? He does that all the time. (Not thinking)

Time to trade him. I'm still on that wagon. Hopefully this will make other teams look at him harder.

And the Devils played a pretty awesome game, except Martin was rather shoddy, and Oduya had another big giveaway that Marty had to stop.

Edited by Cowutopia

Well I hope the trade Gio wagon looses a wheel and rides off a fvcking cliff. It's amazing how the guy gets so much sh*t because he supposedly sucks so bad yet he is going to bring the Devils that missing magical player in a trade thats gonna put this team over the top. He just scored the game winning goal and helped get the Devils get 2 points and he is still being taken out to pasture. You would figure with the way he is talked about around here that we would be lucky to grab a bag of pucks for the guy.

Edited by SickMan

I'm sick of all this whining about Gionta and these trade threads that are really euphenisms for 'throw him out with the garbage please'. Yes his offensive production's been dissapointing, so was Elias's for a year and a quarter. So has Parise's for the same amount of time this year but he's the golden child so nobody gets on him with anywhere close to the venom you all have for Gionta. Anyone that stands up to that piss-ant bully Chris Neil or Chara is fine by me :rant:

Haha SickMan you stole my thunder. It is nice to see there are a few rational Devils fans left though :)

Edited by Hasan4978

I'm sick of all this whining about Gionta and these trade threads that are really euphenisms for 'throw him out with the garbage please'. Yes his offensive production's been dissapointing, so was Elias's for a year and a quarter. So has Parise's for the same amount of time this year but he's the golden child so nobody gets on him with anywhere close to the venom you all have for Gionta. Anyone that stands up to that piss-ant bully Chris Neil or Chara is fine by me :rant:

Haha SickMan you stole my thunder. It is nice to see there are a few rational Devils fans left though :)

I'm right with you Hasan. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that Gio shouldn't be doing better but the guy isn't a dog either. It's amazing how much crap this guy takes yet almost everybody and their grandmothers were swinging from his testicles 2 years ago. How quickly we forget.

Edited by SickMan

Well I hope the trade Gio wagon looses a wheel and rides off a fvcking cliff. It's amazing how the guy gets so much sh*t because he supposedly sucks so bad yet he is going to bring the Devils that missing magical player in a trade thats gonna put this team over the top. He just scored the game winning goal and helped get the Devils get 2 points and he is still being taken out to pasture. You would figure with the way he is talked about around here that we would be lucky to grab a bag of pucks for the guy.

So basically, when a player scores, he's blameless?

And by the same token, when he's not scoring, trade him?

Maybe it's bad form to mention that in this thread - but one goal doesn't wash out the fact that I think his talents are best elsewhere. No one wants him dealt for a bag of pucks - he's obviously not a useless player.

Oh - and another offensive zone penalty.

Edited by Triumph

Please, no. I don't want someone small in there getting the goals around the net, or getting pushed off the net, or missing passes with short little arms.

Asham was supposed to help score some crease goals, but he blows. Get rid of both of them.