Bryce Salvador to NJ for Cam Janssen

ghdi

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cam offered nothing to this team besides sitting on the IR because he didn't have a roster spot. Rupp and Asham both can easily fill Cam's role, and add a bit of a scoring touch. We might as well get something for Cam, although the acquisition of Salvador seems to be a bit pointless. The only help I can see this trade offering is to Lowell, who might get one of our mediogre D-men to help them out, as I can't see how another okay D-man will help out the big squad.

Salvadore is instantly eating 20 minutes a game. Jackman and Brewer were the only two defensmen averaging more ice time then him in St Louis and while he may have played softer minutes this guy is a rock on the blueline. I think he is a more physical version of Lukowich.

He's not. He's more physical than Lukowich, but he also has worse puck skills than Lukowich.

He is no worse with the puck then Lukowich. He is certainly steadier on the back end then Vishnevski also. He is an upgrade to what we have now.

Disagree. Given that players at the deadline don't often just fit right in with their team, it's pretty likely he will be worse than vishnevski or at best equal to him.

Oh well.

Ooh didn't even notice:

Bryce Salvador lead St. Louis with a +12 rating.

Has notched a plus-or-even rating in 40 of his 56 games.

Has blocked at least one shot in 47 of his 56 games.

Doesn't mean he's great, but that doesn't make him horrible. My biggest question is what jersey number he will wear.

Edited by DevilNurn

Ooh didn't even notice:

Bryce Salvador lead St. Louis with a +12 rating.

Has notched a plus-or-even rating in 40 of his 56 games.

Has blocked at least one shot in 47 of his 56 games.

Doesn't mean he's great, but that doesn't make him horrible. My biggest question is what jersey number he will wear.

Perhaps 25?

He's a stay-at-home D, he'll be next to our net all night.

I hope he works well rotating as a #6/7 this year.

what was wrong with Matvichuk? We keep going after bums.

I do trust in Lou ultimately but I hate to not have any big names to gloat over.