i smell a playoff promo...

firecenter

bought an 8 game strip from the website link, and this is what it said.

Eight-game Playoff strips are on sale now!

There's no easier way to join the Devils' 2008 run for the Stanley Cup than by purchasing your eight-game strip of playoff tickets today. Each ticket strip will take you through the first two rounds of the Devils' postseason, if necessary. So don't miss out... grab your strip and get ready to ROCK YOUR RED!

now ive been going to games for a good 8 years and never in the playoffs have they ever expressed a need for people to wear red. with that, i hope they arent passing out corny red tshirts to everybody like in philly. thoughts??

It might work better this time with the empty $95 seats being red instead of when they wanted everyone to wear white several years ago and our "white out" looked silly with all the empty purple seats. I say go for it and when we play the Rangers in the first round we can see for sure how divided the crowd is.

It might work better this time with the empty $95 seats being red instead of when they wanted everyone to wear white several years ago and our "white out" looked silly with all the empty purple seats. I say go for it and when we play the Rangers in the first round we can see for sure how divided the crowd is.

hehe why would we want to see that?

fixed

yeah, thanks. i was thinking the same thing.

I wouldn't mind them giving out red shirts. I had pictures from the Flyers game back when they did all the orange shirts. I thought it was awesome.

That would be cool SH. :koolaid: I would love to see Red Devils t-shirts being handed out with the ROCK THE RED on them with the Devils logo on the back of the t-shirt and having the 2008 Playoffs underneath the Devils logo.

ROCK THE RED is going to be great for the playoffs.

now ive been going to games for a good 8 years and never in the playoffs have they ever expressed a need for people to wear red. with that, i hope they arent passing out corny red tshirts to everybody like in philly. thoughts??

I don't see the problem if they want to hand out red shirts, at least I can use that after the game. Would you rather them give out those towel things again, or the always favorite noise making sticks. I personally would love to see a red out at the playoff games, I think it would be awesome.

ugh why not? i love the towels i have like 6 or 7 of them (honestly too haha) from last year's playoffs.. but tshirts would be something new!

Calgary has the Sea-of-Red as well

edit: nvm they WANT YOU to wear TO THE GAME.. my god can they get any cheaper? :rolleyes: .. hopefully they at least have towels...

Edited by nmigliore

The white out wear white thing was in 2003, I believe..... maybe this will work for another cup!

No it was 2002 against Carolina. 2003 was the stupid fvcking thundersticks. The White out was a disaster because a. as mentioned there were pockets of open seats and b. no one actually put the shirts on. I also remember previous year they asked people to where white to the games but that was just ignored as people want to wear their jersey.

Edited by jkrdevil

it's better then the lame devils legion videos they ran :P

You didn't like those? Oh man, I thought they were kinda cool.

I didn't like the NAME

Devils Legion....

i mean.. CMON

(damn I am stealing that bit a lot of late :P)

I didn't like the NAME

Devils Legion....

i mean.. CMON

(damn I am stealing that bit a lot of late :P)

I like the Legion aspect to it... Personally, I think it sounds badass. Hopefully, they put those videos on the website so I can see them again to make a better judgment. Legion... it's like an army, which is really what the fans should be, an army 17,000 rabid maniacs. My biggest problem over the years is that as a whole, we (Devils fans) are all so quiet and there's really not an intimidating presence in the building, outside of a few sections here and there, usually up in the top corners. But I digress... I can't wait to see the whole building in red.

I sit in one of those top corners :P

and I've been wearing white to home games for 15 years now and 3 cup runs... hells no I ain't changing now... white (jerseys) POWER fo'life!!!!

I sit in one of those top corners :P

and I've been wearing white to home games for 15 years now and 3 cup runs... hells no I ain't changing now... white (jerseys) POWER fo'life!!!!

White? Boo-urns!

No it was 2002 against Carolina. 2003 was the stupid fvcking thundersticks. The White out was a disaster because a. as mentioned there were pockets of open seats and b. no one actually put the shirts on. I also remember previous year they asked people to where white to the games but that was just ignored as people want to wear their jersey.

Was it really 2002 against Carolina? You have a good memory. I still have a couple of those white T-shirts -- one of them in brand new condition. What's kind of funny is that they actually say "Wear White" in big letters and have the Devils logo.

And, like you said, the Devils attempted to get everyone to wear white in the playoffs the year before, but there was no free T-shirt and just about nobody paid attention. The concession stands actually sold a white Devils T-shirt during that playoff run that was supposed to be the "official" white playoff T-shirt, but it did not say anything special -- it didn't even have the word "playoffs -- just "New Jersey Devils" with the logo.

Edited by 95Crash

I don't see the problem if they want to hand out red shirts, at least I can use that after the game. Would you rather them give out those towel things again, or the always favorite noise making sticks. I personally would love to see a red out at the playoff games, I think it would be awesome.

never EVER fvck with a hockey fan's superstitions :P