new movies thread

Satans Hockey

I figure maybe we can keep this thread going for a bit.

So what has everyone seen lately?

I saw the strangers which was ehhhh, don't mess with a zohan which had some funny moments and forgetting sarah marshall which was really funny and a lot better than I expected it to be.

I still need to see the hulk and the happening even though the happening is going to suck.

Edited by Satans Hockey

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iron Man... good sh!t and any movie with a moment of SAM doubles in coolness

Hulk... fun... ok.. way better then the last try, well done but not memorable

Zohan was funny, but I will NEVER eat Hummus again :P

Indiana Jones and the blatant attempt to be the X-Files

great idea to do another... LOUSY premise... leave the Sci Fi to the Sci Fi

and Lucas should be shot for having Indy use a Hans Solo line without the promise of more Original cast SW movies !!! :rant:

and I actually found "what happens in Vegas" to be funny as hell too!!!

Movie ranting: BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!

I prefer The Hulk to Ironman, although i loved both. The Hulk has always been one of my favorite Marvel characters and Ed Norton pulled the part off better than anyone else could. Im a huge superhero movie fan, and The Hulk was everything I hoped for and more.

I cant wait for The Dark Knight, I hope they have a midnight screening.

The new Mummy movie looks eh, I think ill see it though because the first two were a lot of fun.

yeah, last "new movie" I saw was Sweeney Todd. And I loved it. Im going to see the Dark Knight when it comes out! :)

its not an old or new movie (2007) but i just saw the Count of Monte Cristo and really enjoyed that

Zohan was great and better than expected and I liked Iron Man as well. I gotta go see the Hulk these next few days.

Oh yeah, I saw Strange Wilderness like a week ago and that was great, then again im an immature teenager.

Edited by DEVILS>Rangers

I've seen a slew of new movies lately...in theaters I saw Iron Man which was excellent and then most recently the Incredible Hulk...excellent movie as well especially compared to the Ang Lee version...in rentals I finally saw a few that I had been wanting to see, Jumper which wasn't spectacular and could've been a lot better but not horrible...I am Legend, not totally bad but too short...Juno was great, and Walk Hard was hilarious (especially the scene with the Beatles) That's about it....

Hancock will probably be the next movie I see since it comes out on my birthday...unless I take the little one to see Kung Fu Panda or Wall-E which is a strong possibility....but I'm gearing up for Dark Knight...finally a movie like Iron Man set the bar higher than Batman Begins and officially made me cry at how bad the Spidey movies were....

yes, I am comic book geek :)

I just saw Vantage Point, GREAT MOVIE. The cinematography was suburb a the acting was great. The plot was fast pace and I was at the edge of my seat, seriously.

Oh totally!!!

Excellent movie... though it's hard to see Forrest Whittaker as anything but the crazy guy from the Shield!!

It was the best non-summer movie of the year

yeah, last "new movie" I saw was Sweeney Todd. And I loved it. Im going to see the Dark Knight when it comes out! :)

Loser :P

no wonder your BF hates you!! :lol:

Sex and the City and I really enjoyed it.

Soph year in college one of my suitemates received the entire series as a gift. No lie, I've seen every episode of the show at least twice.

and I actually found "what happens in Vegas" to be funny as hell too!!!

Movie ranting: BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Agh I wanted to see that, but no one would go with me.

Ohh and I forogt to mention I rented Good Luck Chuck the other afternoon when I was beyond bored and it was AWFUL.

Edited by LA03

I want to see Kung Fu Panda, looks hilarious to be honest. I'm really into those movies, even Pixar's Walle looks like it could be a great movie. Not my favorite genre but Pixar and Dreamworks has made the category a very strong one.

The X Files movie could potentially be something good, although it could be disastrous too.

Just saw The Incredible Hulk the other day. Went in not expecting much, came out ranking it just behind Batman Begins and Ironman for Super Super Hero movies. It was excellent, im glad they skipped over how he became the Hulk in the beginning with a little homage to Ang Lee film, another origin story would of been wasted. The CGI was excellent, Edward Norton, Liv Tyler and the general guy played the comic book counterparts extremely well.

Really really enjoyed it. The scene with Thunderbolt and Tony Stark at the end had me tingling. I dont really need to say much about Iron Man, effing superb. Robert Downey Jr is back in form.

Im looking forward too a few movies. The Dark Knight is going to be amazing (RIP Heath!), The Forbidden Kingdom will become a cult classic (Jackie Chan and Jet Li??? Where do I sign?) and Im a big fan of Brendan Frasier so im looking forward to the new Mummy.

Yeah im a popcorn movie buff, what can I say?

P.S Indiana Jones was abit of a let down. George Lucas should just retire.

So what has everyone seen lately?

Have only seen two movies so far this summer.

"Iron Man" was a big surprise for me. Not a comic book fan, and knew nothing of the character, but flat-out loved the film. RDJ owned that movie.

"Indy 4" was a huge letdown. Even for an "Indy" movie, some of those scenes had me banging my head against the seat in frustration. I mean, c'mon...a refrigerator??? Really??? Felt more like any of the recent "Indy" rip-offs of recent years (Mummy, National Treasure, Tomb Raider) than a true Indy movie.

Still hoping to get out and see: "Kung Fu Panda," "Wall-E," "Dark Knight" and the new "X-Files" movie.

Oh yeah, and that musical about zombie robots...just can't get enough zombie robots...

I just watched Cloverfield last night with my wife and I must say I was disapointed

And I want my $4.99 back

Hancock will probably be the next movie I see since it comes out on my birthday..

:dance::unsure: I turn 38 that day :evilcry:

Netflix is cool been on a free trial

you can get lots of obscure stuff like the Rocket Richard movie and the NHL Just like me video

but when you want a movie now the DVD Pass is better (if you just want the newer stuff and don't care about off the wall rentals)

Blockbuster's game pass is 5 stars though!

I've seen a slew of new movies lately...in theaters I saw Iron Man which was excellent and then most recently the Incredible Hulk...excellent movie as well especially compared to the Ang Lee version...in rentals I finally saw a few that I had been wanting to see, Jumper which wasn't spectacular and could've been a lot better but not horrible...I am Legend, not totally bad but too short...Juno was great, and Walk Hard was hilarious (especially the scene with the Beatles)

That Beatles scene was fantastic. The way they kept mentioning their names was so hilarious.

"But what do I know? I'm only George Harrison. Of the Beatles."