2008-2009 Line-up

Jdub

Ok so as of right now here is the devils roster in no specific order just putting down who comes to me first..

Goalies:

Broduer

Weeks

Defense:

Martin/Oduya

Mottau/White

Salvador/Greene

Vishnevski/Brookbank

Salmela/Corrente

Fowards

Zubrus/Elias/Parise

Zajac/Rolston/Langenbrunner

Pandolfo/Madden/Gionta

Rupp/Holik/Clarkson

Pelley/Vrana/Bergfors

So what do you guys think as of right now?

Ok so as of right now here is the devils roster in no specific order just putting down who comes to me first..

Goalies:

Broduer

Weeks

Defense:

Martin/Oduya

Mottau/White

Salvador/Greene

Vishnevski/Brookbank

Salmela/Corrente

Fowards

Zubrus/Elias/Parise

Pandolfo/Madden/Gionta

Rupp/Holik/Clarkson

Pelley/Vrana/Bergfors

I think its pointless, because we are not even 12+ hours deep out of UFA day yet.

Who knows what else can happen????

Seriouslly guys, I know we're all excited, but, breathe for a moment or two and let the dust settle.

I dont think we can do this yet until the roster is more certain. There will be a trade or 2 before all is said and done.

If we are done, I think we're in better shape we were last year, but there are still some issues to address. I will not be surprised to see Gionta, Greene, VV, and a draft pick jettisoned before the end of the week for a D-man.

Edited by ghdi

True... Its a bordem thing.. Im not super excited or anything.. i was just curious as to what people thought..

There is going to be a trade.. especially with lou saying he is giving his young guys (Vrana, Bergfors) a shot...

Pelley would be a long shot to make it and I don't see anyroom for Rupp.

Gio In my opinion will be the odd man out, along with Vishnevski (though I think its too early to give up on him)

As much as I like greene I think he is out of here.

Corrente will start in the AHL and so will Salmela.

Forwards:

Parise-Zajac-Rolston

Elias-Vrana-Zubrus

Pando-Madden-Langs

Tallackson-Holik-Clarkson <---pretty scary line huh?

[Rupp/Pelley] extras

(I traded Gionta for picks or w/e who knows what he's worth?)

Defense:

White-Martin

Salvador-Oduya

Fraser-Greene

[Mottau/Vishnevski] extras

I don't mean to brag but those are some sexy lines if I do say so myself. Did I forget anyone? I know we have like 20 forwards and 80 defensemen now.

Forwards:

Parise - Elias - Langenbrunner

Zubrus - Zajac - Rolston

Pandolfo - Madden - Gionta

Rupp - Holik - Clarkson

Rupp can be switched with Vrana. A Gio trade could put Rolston on the top line, Bergfors on the second, and Langs on the third.

Defense:

Martin - White/Salvador

Oduya - White/Salvador

Corrente/Fraser - Vishnevski

White and Salvador are interchangeable as the stay-at-home guy on the first and second pairings. See who clicks in training camp and leave them there. Let Corrente or Fraser or whoever earn a spot on the third pairing and use Mottau as the seventh guy. Ideally we trade for a puck-moving blueliner, and then we do this:

Martin - Oduya

White/Salvador - (insert new acquisition here)

White/Salvador - Corrente/Fraser

Again, let Corrente or Fraser or whoever earn the spot in camp. Ideally Vish is packaged with Gio in this dream trade of mine and Mottau is our seventh guy.

Goalies:

Do I really need to actually write anything here?

Parise - Elias - Rolston

Zubrus - Zajac - Langenbrunner

Clarkson - Holik - Rupp

One of the many combos. I see Zajac working with a speedy player better, so moving Gionta to Zubrus spot would work if you put Clarkson on the Madden wing and slide Zubrus to line 4. Either way i think the lines are strong.

Dump Vishnevski, Greene for picks. Sign Ron Hainsey.

Parise - Elias - Rolston

Zubrus - Zajac - Langenbrunner

Rupp - Holik - Clarkson

Hainsey - Martin

Salvador - Oduya

White - Corrente

Mottau

Marty

Weekesy

PP1:

Parise - Elias - Langenbrunner

Martin - Rolston

PP2:

Zubrus - Zajac/Holik - Gionta

Hainsey - Oduya

PK1:

Madden - Pando

Salvador - Martin

PK2:

Holik - Rolston/Elias

White - Hainsey

Goalies:

Broduer

Weeks

Defense:

Martin/Oduya

Mottau/White

Salvador/Greene

Vishnevski/Brookbank

Salmela/Corrente

Fowards

Zubrus/Elias/Parise

Pandolfo/Madden/Gionta

Rupp/Holik/Clarkson

Pelley/Vrana/Bergfors

You left off Ekford on D. Lou said in his interview with Don/EJ Hradek that both Ekford/Corrente will get an honest shot to make the big club.

You left off Ekford on D. Lou said in his interview with Don/EJ Hradek that both Ekford/Corrente will get an honest shot to make the big club.

I know Lou said Eckford would get a look in camp but I have to imagine he gets a season in the AHL. He has only been playing defense for about 5 or 6 years now so I would be surprised if he were to jump over guys like Corrente and Fraser if a rookie was going to get a spot on the team. Eckford would have to blow everyone away, which could happen, to win a spot. One problem with that is Corrente has had really great camps both of the last 2 years as well so Eckford would have to have a great camp and have it be better than Corrente.

the idea of an uber-big and semi capable line of Zubrus-Holik and Clarkson makes me excited and almost nostalgic B )

That line could crack some skulls, seriously!

Rolston/Vrana(?)-Elias-Gionta

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Pandolfo-Madden-Rolston/Vrana

Zubrus-Holik-Clarkson

I'd seriously go out and party though if we traded ViVi for a pick!

We still have a lot of moves to make but as I see it right now...

Elias/Zajac/Gionta

Parise/Vrana/Rolston

Pandolfo/Madden/Langenbrunner

Rupp/Holik/Clarkson

Martin/Salvador

Oduya/White

Mottau/Vishnevski

I feel this team will inject youth into our line-up next season with Bergfors and Vrana. I say keep Elias and Parise together like last year. Rolston will gives us a second line with scoring punch. Gionta I feel is gone. LOU still needs to upgrade our D with one more signing. Zajac will not play center next year, if you remember he was moved to the wing end of last season.

Parise-Elias-Zajac

Bergfors-Rolston-Lagenbrunner

Pando-Madden-Zubrus

Vrana-Holik-Clarkson

reserve: Rupp

(Bergfors made the team last year, but suffered a shoulder injury the first game) I think he makes the roster no doubt.

(Vrana takes the spot of Brylin, I hope)

On defense I think VV will be moved. Signing Salvador was a good thing, we needed a big body + he brings stability to our second pairing.

Mottau I see as our #6 or #7 reserve guy this year. I don't know if Corrente is ready. We also have Mark Fraser, Andy Greene, and Sheldon Brookbank. So we have plenty of reserves. We need one more decent D guy that can move the puck to play with Salvador. We can def move VV and Andy Greene or Fraser in a trade. So LOU has some chips to play with.

Martin-Oduya

Salvador-??

White-Mottau/Corrente

Reserves: Mark Fraser, Andy Greene, and Sheldon Brookbank

It would be completely wasting Vrana on the 4th line.. even tho that wouldnt be a bad 4th line..

He is a speedy natural passer.. a poor man's gomez.. which is something we didnt have last season...

Imagine the numbers Vrana would have had, had people actually finished.

Edited by Jdub

It would be completely wasting Vrana on the 4th line.. even tho that wouldnt be a bad 4th line..

He is a speedy natural passer.. a poor man's gomez.. which is something we didnt have last season...

Imagine the numbers Vrana would have had, had people actually finished.

Actually read Vrana's profile on Hockey futures. They compare him to a clone of Brylin. He is not projected as a TOP six forward to play on the top two lines. He plays and agitating game, has skills, but is a role player. He will start the season on the 4th line and break him into the NHL.

Vrana's Future

He may not ever develop into an offensive force, but it is reasonable to expect Vrana to evolve into a Sergei Brylin type player, with a bit of an edge. He might get a look at some point in New Jersey this year, but it would be best served for Vrana to play one more full season in the minors. Then he should be ready to challenge for a full-time NHL job

Bergfors on the other hand is projected to be a TOP six scoring forward. He needs to play on the second or even first line. Zajac can be swapped.

Rolston is playing center. LOU already mentioned it.

Goalies:

Broduer

Weeks

Defense:

Martin/Oduya

Mottau/White

Salvador/Greene

Vishnevski/Brookbank

Salmela/Corrente

Fowards

Zubrus/Elias/Parise

Pandolfo/Madden/Gionta

Rupp/Holik/Clarkson

Pelley/Vrana/Bergfors

1. You misspelled 'Brodeur' and 'Weekes'

2. Zubrus on the first line is a trainwreck.

3. Gionta and Pandolfo don't seem like they'd be good linemates

Way too soon to even think what the lines will be. There will be more moves being made in this of season plus possible trades as well. It would be safe to do this possibly in SEPTEMBER when training camp opens. Right now everything is still up in the air and I am sure Sutter will be flopping all the lines once again this season just like he did last season.

Just my 2 cents but Bergfors is more likely to play on the top 2 lines than Vrana this coming season, IMO. I also think Zubrus can play on one of the top 2 lines and whether that line is the first or the second line is more semantics than anything this season as the Devils have some talent to spread between those 2 lines.

Gionta, Parise, Rolston

Zajac, Elias, Zubrus

Pandolfo, Madden, Clarkson

Pelley/Vrana, Holik, Rupp

Martin and Oduya

Mottau and Salvador

Greene and White/Corrente

Extras: Vishnevski, Brookbank

Brodeur

Weekes

Really hard to think up what's going to happen on left wing this year, there's gonna be a lot of playing around. Hopefully there's a trade or free agent pickup where we can get a left winger.