NFL Week 8

CRASHER

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having problems finding the right way to word this.

It seems to me that the Patriots 5-2 thus far is "better" than last year's 7-0. Somehow it means more when you get there when you have to fight through adversity. They have a Superbowl squad on the injury list and are still finding ways to win. Sure they have an incredibly easy schedule, but still, I had serious doubts that Matt Cassels had it in him. Funny thing is that even in the games they have lost, I pin most of the blame on the defence.

They did give the Rams a chance (3 consecutive drives stopped by turnovers - INT, INT, turnover on downs). But the D saved their ass each time. They are find ways to win.

I might get a Cassels jersey. :)

Edited by Don

I'm having problems finding the right way to word this.

It seems to me that the Patriots 5-2 thus far is "better" than last year's 7-0. Somehow it means more when you get there when you have to fight through adversity. They have a Superbowl squad on the injury list and are still finding ways to win. Sure they have an incredibly easy schedule, but still, I had serious doubts that Matt Cassels had it in him. Funny thing is that even in the games they have lost, I pin most of the blame on the defence.

They did give the Rams a chance (3 consecutive drives stopped by turnovers - INT, INT, turnover on downs). But the D saved their ass each time. They are find ways to win.

I might get a Cassels jersey. :)

This is the last year on Cassels contract though isnt it :-p. Guy has been playing good enough to win and doing allot more then I or really anyone expected.

Ben Rothlesberger leaves his recievers in really vulnerable positions. The guy just throws the ball into positions where you know his WR is going to get absolutly laid out. 2 picks already by him, lucky the D keeps saving his ass.

Edited by njdevils783

It's great to see the Giants win a game like that win seemingly everything was going against them up until that safety. On the road, vs. another quality opponent, and playing rather sloppy. That's a sign of a great team though, being able to win when they are not playing there best. Our defense stepped up to the challenge and played better than the Pittsburgh D. NFC East continues to be the best division in football.

Thoughts of the game:

The personal foul on Kenny Philips was 100% garbage. That's football, if your going to call that they might as well start playing with flags instead of shoulder pads.

Play calling on both sides was for the most part terrible. Countless times, on 3rd downs, both teams ran passes that were far short of the 1st down.

Steve Smith drops/alligator arms 5 passes right to him, and everybody remembers the few plays he makes because they often happen to be important ones. He really needs to step it up.

Bradshaw should get more touches. I wish the Giants mixed in a pro-set with 2 of the 3 backs in at the same time. Even if you split Bradshaw out wide and have Ward/Jacobs in the backfield. That kid has talent and can play.

I also wish the Giants weren't so bland with their playing calling. Mix in some trickery every now and then. Don't remember the last time they ran a reverse or a flea flicker.

MB, Crash, and the rest of the Cowboys crew; how have the Cowboys handled the pass rush since Romo got hurt? I haven't seen any games with him at QB, and Romo is like a bug back there slipping away from the rush a lot. I figure that there's been a lot of sacks? A slow, immobile QB like BJ is probably the best thing for the Giants defense.

True, but next week they play Indy in Indy! So there's a good chance Buffalo, us, and the Pats all have 5 wins come Week 9.

The Colts aren't anywhere near the Colts of the last decade anymore, especially without Bob Sanders. Yeah I know the Patriots don't have that Brady guy and now Rodney Harrison but they're the evil empire. Them winning the way they have now is kinda like the Bulls winning 55 games the year when Jordan retired, they seemingly won on memory - at least till the next year when they finally went to being a .500 team before Jordan's comeback.

And I wouldn't say there's a 'good' chance of the Jets beating Buffalo in Buffalo either. We've just had two awful weeks in a row and weren't all that great against the Fitzpatrick Bengals either, the only reason we won this week is Herm went back to being Herm when it mattered most.

Yeah I know the Bills just lost themselves too but they were due for an off week and let's be honest - Chad's had a better year than Favre. A lot of Jet fans owe Chad an apology for their treatment of him the last couple years. I didn't think it was possible he could throw for 250+ a game with the nobodies they have catching the ball.

Don’t! Hate Mangini, not the team.

As much of an issue as I have with Mangini (and Schott) over offensive playcalling, he also isn't the one throwing three INT's a game against bad teams or calling bland defensive schemes that don't force turnovers or letting bad quarterbacks pick apart our secondary or being a pylon on the offensive line in pass protection.

That being said, Leon needs to be our #1. He’s averaging 5.7 yrds per carry, and is used way too seldom.

I agree with the second part, but what exactly is wrong with Thomas Jones? 108 carries for 478 yards - 4.5 yards a carry. He gets no respect from the coaching staff (or a lot of fans) and they don't use HIM enough let alone Leon.

Edited by Hasan4978

Let me throw one more at Jet fans here....

Favre: 161/235 (68.5%) 15 TD 11 INT, 89.5 Rating

Pennington: 140/202 (69.3%) 7 TD 3 INT, 100.5 Rating

You take out the aberration of the Arizona game (which is looking more and more as one)

is there really THAT much an upgrade there??

You take out the aberration of the Arizona game (which is looking more and more as one)

Yes, because Favre is comfortable in Wrangler jeans. Very comfortable.

Yes, because Favre is comfortable in Wrangler jeans. Very comfortable.

But did he stay in a Holiday Inn Express??? :P

oh BTW... Deanna Favre whining in blogs to "leave Brett alone!!!"

Deanna Favre, wife of Brett, is no fan of Jay Glazer and his sources. In a rambling blog post on the Favre Hope Foundation's website, Deanna lashes out of the football media who have criticized Brett for selling out his old team.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sport...s_hard_on_brett

... ok now I get nasty :P

Hey whore... shut your mouth and deal with it... YOU were the one who coaxed your bitch husband to be a Jet, to come play in this city... and that means DEALING WITH THIS MEDIA.... this ain't some nowhere town in the middle of cheese-land where the team's gonna suck your yang for everything you do right and say "it's just Brett"... suck it up or QUIT NOW!!!!!!

(I hate sports wives and GFs!!! :rant:)

Yes, because the Dolphins got Chad. :boogie::clap:

I'll take 4-3 over 3-4, and more than double the TD passes. Chad will never take you to the playoffs.

I'll take 4-3 over 3-4, and more than double the TD passes. Chad will never take you to the playoffs.

But yet he did... how many times?

you also have almost three times the interceptions! :blink:

I will stick to my prediction that Pennington takes Miami into the playoffs while the Jets don't make it with Farve. The Jets my have the better record now, but lets talk again in a few weeks. Miami is learning how to win as a team, while the Jets are completely unorganized.

Edited by MantaRay

But yet he did... how many times?

you also have almost three times the interceptions! :blink:

Chad is also a statue in the pocket, and lurking around every corner is yet another injury. I'm happy with Favre, Favre at his best is better than Chad at his best.